I am very sorry to anyone who downloaded 1.0 and had problems running it, I have fixed the problem in 1.1(along with a few others)
You Must Delete this file when a new version is released
I hope you don't you the barely playable beta to reflect on my programming abilities(For that you can take a look at HTML-to-GML 2.3 in the extensions forum)
Regardless I plan to make this one of the best games around...heres a list of features
- Up to 8-Players(Human or AI)
- Online Highscore Table
- 5 different AI levels(There an option on the menu but it doesn't do anything)
- Global Enemies(Extra tanks/foot soldiers that attack all players)
- Normal and Hover Tanks(Hover Tanks Aren't Programmed Yet)
- Your choice of a Classic Health meter(Armored Tank) OR a Halo-like Shield meter(Shielded Tank); This currently WORKS!
- 15 different countries well designed to spread havoc upon + 1 country(Brazil) with a random map generator so it different every time you play.
- A Tank Editor so you can build you own tank:
NOTE: THIS IS NOT LIKE OTHER EDITORS YOU'VE SEEN
Throughout my years(Almost 5) of working with GM, I have managed to create a very efficient sprite Generator(Although the code it kept as my little secret). The Tank editor that comes with this Game has several features.
1. Symbol Editor: Draw a 12x12 picture for the front of you tank, as you can see mine in a NATZI symbol(I Think it's a reasonable symbol for a Tank thats about to take over the world...NO Further Comment). The color fuchsia is a transparent color.
2. Color Edits: Your Player Color is the color shown behind your symbol, you Team color is the color of you tank.
3. Armor/Shield: First you must decide if you want the classic health meter(if so select Armor at the bottom left hand corner) or if you want a Halo-like health meter: This means you will have a much smaller health meter but it will recover after a short period of time(if so select shield at the bottom left hand corner).
ALSO NOTE: At the bottom left hand corner there is an option for Normal or Hover, make shore you select Normal. As Hover Tanks are not yet programmed
After you have chosen an Armored or Shielded Tank, you must choose the weight of you Armor or Shield. To do this Go to the Box labeled Armor of Shield and Click L (light), M(Medium), H (Heavy), SH (Super Heavy). A Heaver Armor/Shield will have more health, but the will lower other stats including Acceleration, Top Speed, Turning, or Prevent the use of Tires.
4. Primary Weapon: All Primary Weapons have Unlimited Amo. You Primary Weapon is you main cannon and be a S(small), M(medium), L(large), XL(extra larger), or T(twin) cannon. The larger the cannon the more powerful the shot but the slower the fire rate. If you select twin cannon, your tank will have 2 small cannons. Therefore you will have the same power of a small cannon however since you have two one will fire after the other doubling your fire rate. The downside to the twin cannon is that the second cannon takes up a lot of room on you turret and many of the secondary weapons(such as S,M, and L Plasma cannons, Machine Gun, Flamethrower, ect) are disabled.
NOTE: Secondary weapons are not yet programmed, so just enter None under that window...although it won't cause an error if you do set one.
5. Engine and Treds/Tires: These parts control your tanks Acceleration, Turn(Speed in witch you tank rotates), and Speed(Maxim Speed). Even in a Shoot-em up game these setting are important. I know it's tempting to just through everything into Speed and have a very fast tank, but consider if you tanks is stopped(say you bumped a wall) and an enemy starts shooting at you, if you have poor Acceleration you'll be dead before you hit a decent speed to escape. So monkey around with these setting until you have a tank you feel conformable with.
6. Click OK, If you just click "New Tank" it is very important to click OK as clicking cancel before you have a tank saved will cause the program to crash.
Anyway getting back to the list:
- A very well done environment with buildings, people, cars(all stuff that can be damaged, killed, or destroyed)
For Example: In Germany I plan to add some kind of Autobahn with cars driving passed at high speeds, getting hit by one would do some damage to your tank but you'll be able to watch that little car go flying.
I also plan to add a train in 1 or more levels that you can Idther crash into(I's always fun to just drive you car(or in this case a tank) on the railroad tracks and wait) or push cars into the train.
In most levels I'll the cops on you'll be able the blow the crap out of them.
A bunch of other things.
- Global Enemies: This is a very important concept. You will not have a score unless Global Enemies are enabled, because you score points and combos by killing global enemies. If you achive a very good score you may summit it to an online highscore table(for finale version NOT BETA)
Rember to add AI players before you start.
K, yea I know, I don't like using yoyogame, but it a temporary solution until I can find a better server. Download:
I am again sorry about any inconvenience with 1.0
Edited by Sandro, 28 July 2007 - 05:36 PM.