Latest Information - 16/05/09
Halo Revolution (HR) has finally been updated, after a one year (to the day) wait. We had taken a break on HR and then decided only a few months ago to start up again. We were hard at work, and we got a lot of things polished and added.
Oddbox Team (Creator's of Halo Revolution)
- hotshotscott - Lead Programmer
- jwheeler - Writes background music, created website/forums, graphics assistant etc
- sketti - Lead Graphics
- Customize your character - Helmets, Emblems, Colours (Shades of Colours), Name, Service Tags
- Profiles System - Saves all of your settings, Add a password, Unlimited Profiles!
- FORGE for fully custom maps! You can even forge the inbuilt maps such as BloodGultch.
- Map Creator - Save maps then load them into a game (which can also be multiplayer).
- Great Graphics, 90% original by the Halo Revolution Team.
- Great Sound Effects and Background Music.
- WEAPONS so far - Magnum, smg, battle rifle, shotgun, sniper rifle, rocket launcher, assault rifle, plasma pistol, plasma rifle, needler, carbine, beam rifle, fuel rod gun, brute spiker, brute shot, energy sword, mauler, gravity hammer, human turret (ripped off a turret).
- A lot of equipment from halo 3 (Flares, gravity lifts etc)
- 5 awesome vehicles! (Warthog, Mongoose, Banshee, Hornet, Ghost)
- Fully functional control custimization which saves to your profile.
- LAN Multiplayer.
- Multiplayer Game Modes; You can play Capture the Flag, Slayer and Team Slayer, all with either single player or multiplayer.
- Duel Wielding System (Plus shows the third weapon on your back / waist).
- ...And tons more!
Screenshots - OLD
New Particle Effects #1
New Particle Effects #2
New Features 1
New Features 3
Profile Menu - Custimize your own Masterchief!
Playing with the Masterchief i just made!! OMG how cool!
Blood Gulch Map #1
Blood Gulch Map #2
The first level has been made simply to show you a 'few' of the new features. It is laggy, and was made very quickly as i was in a rush. To see most of the game (the rest of the features), go to multiplayer and create a game. It doesn't matter if noone joins, you can still see all of the features. Enable forge (in game options) and create objects in forge to check everything out. OR create a map using the map creator, and it will automatically go into the maps list in the game.
DO NOT USE THESE OBJECTS
* Water - Do not place water on your map. It is very laggy, buggy and caused errors where you have to abort the game. It is being 100% remade.
* Vehicles - The only vehicle you can use in multiplayer is the banshee, ONLY because i forgot to disable something and you get an error.
Download Halo Revolution
To download Halo Revolution, Here;
PLEASE post telling us if it lagged.
New Graphics Style
Here's a list of BUGS / GLITCHES and ERRORS that I have fixed for the next version
- Your correct helmet is now displayed when driving the hornet.
- When you are killed in a vehicle, you exit it.
- I have taken out the killing of the guardians.
- I reprogrammed the order of how things work when you create/join a multiplayer game. It's WAY more efficient now!
- I reprogrammed CTF with the ID system, works better.
- Fixed the 'global.weapon3' error message.
- I have added recoil to weapons, some more then others.
- Shotguns now do more damage at close range.
- The mongoose wheels now rotate properly.
- I have completely finished the banshee in multiplayer. You can enter, exit, hi-jack (100%), shoot both weapons (primary - secondary). The banshee also takes damage from all weapons, including melee attacks and gravity hammer slams, and sword assassins.
- Made it 'Dual' Wielding instead of 'Duel Wielding'.
- I have made it easier to use the map Creator. You now fly around the map using A, S, D, W. Q - E scrolls through the objects, and Z - X scroll through the object types.
- Fixed the scope zooming for weapons. I added the correct zoom amounts (from halo wiki, not sure if it's right though). Also, changing from a sniper rifle (zoomed in) to another weapon changes the zoomed in.
- Custom controls now work for everything.
- The melee key can now be changed in custom controls.
- I added health to the guilty spark, so it now shares the players health. When it dies, your dead body is created like normal.
- I slowed down the credits so they're readable.
- Added Glennz to the credits (for that skull).
- You are now blue if on team blue, and red if on team red (as well as the other players. Before this wasn't happening).
- Replaced a drawing text script. For the vehicles, turret, teleporters, doors etc, where it says 'Press <SPACE> to do something', it now draws a nice background behind that text (a blue back with a white border), which makes it much easier to read when behind a blue background, and it looks much nicer.
- Made F2 the quick change button for Entering / Exiting Forge mode.
- Hold F5 for player variables (the player draw it above them).
- I did quite a lot of work to make sure hamachi works. Me and Angus have to test it again, and hopefully it will work because i changed quite a lot of how it works.
- When you're inside the bases in a banshee, it goes inside the building.
- Zooming In/Out camera system for hopping in large vehicles.
- I added the spartan laser power up animation.
- Added the respawning system for vehicles and weapon (so far)
- You can now drop large weapons (turrets and flame thrower) using the action key (spacebar)
- Fixed the needler sprites. They now correctly show if you have ammo left or not (for dual wielding and single wielding)
- Fixed the collision with needler bullets and the shields (bubble, deployable).
- Fixed the problem with explosives not destroyed when dropped from a height. They now properly blow up if they collide with the ground if they're going too fast (up and down) ///So you can place a gravity lift under one, making it fly up into the underneith of the ground making it explode
- The dummy players (players you see) now draws the second hand (for dual wielding) at the correct position.
- The gravity lifts now only lift you and everything up if there isn't ground between you and it. Before, you could be on top of the ground, and a gravity lift would be underneith the ground and it woud still lift you up (working on making the effect stop when hitting ground, it goes through ground atm)
- Gave the hornets bullets/missile proper ID's for damage (they now do damage like every bullet)
- Shooting the human turret (before ripping it off) shows the shooting animation correctly, instead of a plain white sprite.
- When you drop your dual wielded weapon, it is thrown in front (so picking up weapons doesn't drop both weapon at the 1 place, allowing you to pick them up seperatly again)
- Added a cool banshee trail effect.
- Slayer Completed
- Team slayer completed
- CTF Completed
- Juggernaut Completed
- Territories Completed
- Screen shaking now works for windowed and fullscreen modes
- Your game options/setting are now saved when you log out. Logging in will not reset them to default.
- Gave the teleporters ID's. You can now right click on them in forge mode, and give them a unique ID from between 1-9. When you use a teleporter, if there's a teleportee with the same ID, it will go to that one. If there is more then 1 teleportee with that same ID, it will go to a random teleportee with that ID. If there are no teleportee's with the same ID as the teleporter, but there are some teleportee's in the room, the ID's will be forgotten and you will be taken to a random teleportee.
- King of the Hill Completed
- Territory Icons down the bottom of the screen are now displayed correctly.
Put Halo Revolution in your Signature
If you have helped me and i've told you that I will credit you, and I did not credit you, please tell me and it will be fixed up ASAP.
Halo Revolution was created under Microsoft's Game Content Usage Rules Ã¢Â—Â˜ using assets from Halo: CE, Halo2, and Halo3 Ã¢Â—Â˜ Microsoft Corporation.
Edited by hotshotscott, 05 November 2010 - 05:17 AM.