My Game Idea

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 jakman4242

jakman4242

Vertical Shmup Junkie

• 3222 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:55 PM

Okay, as i said this is not a PRE-WIP. I just want opinions, and see if i should actually carry out on this game. NOTE: the human race in this game has nothing to do with us.

Setting:
You are a 14 year-old girl living in GI(Galactic Informed) 722. GI came about after 1076 when the human race of Helion discovered the secret to space travel, and found other peaceful, yet advanced life-forms. Everything is peaceful. You live in a metropolis city on Helion 5. Part of the Helion Galaxy.

Story:
You are going about your peaceful life, doing things normal teenagers do. wait, wait, wait. This girl is far from a normal teenager. She is anti-social(private, unfriendly to people she doesn't know) and enjoys doing things that involve her, a sword, and 500 dummies. One day, as your peaceful, yet strange life is going along. A giant brick red ship lands near you. About 500 feet away. Your talking with your friend, when all of a sudden a huge panic breaks out shortly after the ships landing. The citys main defense tactical squad is coming. Then big monsterous tall figures in brick red cloaks come out with a large Radioactive Phozotronic Lazeractive Point Beam Apparatus(Railgun) in each of their hands. They started firing them aimlessly. No one could stop them. The planets captain issued full evacuation into the Breakwind. The breakwind is a ship that is only existant to the people of the helion galaxy. It is over 150 miles long, 25 miles wide. And has a defense system that is unmatched. In a spanning 2 days the world was covered in flames. The evacuation was almost complete. Our protagonist was running late, her and her friend(may i add, only friend) They ran, they were almost into the ship. When two of the red figures dropped from the ceiling. Our protagonist(i'll refer to her by Mya now) grabbed a nearby pole and stuck it into one of the red figures. Then her friend(Kyrie) grabbed Mya by her hand and rushed into the ship. They were the last ones. With a loud boom the engine started and the ship set off. When it was almost off the atmosphere The brick red ship started following. The ships defenses were turned on. And a monotomed womans voice called out from the speakers 'Attention all passengers, expect turbulance in the next few minutes. Please take a seat at the nearest centre to sit.'. They were now out of the atmosphere. The ship was still following, it now fired a abnormally large blast. The ship was hit, defenses were desreased to 67% The ship kept firing, 50% 30% 22%... There was a long silence... Then a mans voice came out of the speakers 'Hello, this is the captain speaking. We have escaped the enemy through multiplied lightspeed. Please relax, all will be explained soon.' Days later Mya and Kyrie were sitting down, talking about what may have happened. Then the captain announced everyone was to report to the audience room(staduim). There everyone was seated and the captain was straigthening his hat. Then he said:

'As you all know, our planet has been invaded. These invaders have been comfirmed to be the annhilators of Fen 5. They are a race notorious all over the universe for causing chaos. They have unimaginably more advanced technology then us. So now we are heading to the main Helion planet of Helion 99. This planet is over a million miles large. By far the largest planet in the galaxy. I will be informing the Helio of this immediately. When we land, do not expect rest. We will be going on a full training session to prepare for a galactic war. Every single person in the Helion Galaxy will be fighting, excluding children under 14, unless they would like to fight. You will be trained in any profession you wish, but we only have so much time. When we do arrive at Helion 99 though. You will get 3 days to do whatever you wish. Then training begins. This, is war.'

And then the story continues from there. And thats just the prolouge haha! I know i've started many projects but this one is pure genius in my opinion! The battle system will be based off of Star Ocean 3 is anyone is wondering. As said you will be able to have any professions you want. You can get trained in guns, sword, heavy artillery. I plan on making 3 professions available. But for each one less you get, your profeciancy with that profession goes up. Like say, you use swords, and pairs of knives. Swords and dual knives will be more proficient than having sword, dual knives, and guns.

So what do you all think?

EDIT:
I changed the story around a bit.
Now, i've decided the professions you can have: (NOTE: All mele weapons are energy based)
Swords + Shields
Photo Swords
Small Guns(includes dual wielding)
Heavy Artillery
Dual Knives
Mech Armor
Phazon Swords

And thats that.
To get an idea of the gfx, i put Mya and Kyrie in my sig
(Mya on left, Kyrie on the right)

Edited by jakman4242, 25 June 2007 - 06:06 AM.

-- My blog. --

#2 manyquestions

manyquestions

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1429 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:23 AM

Well, you've forgotten multiple appostrophes, placed several m's where they should be n's, why sre the bad guys wearing clocks?, and you used the term "Radioactive Phozotronic Lazeractive Point Beam Apparatus" which means nothing and is just random words put together (which, belive it or not, is not how most sci fi words are created; only horrible, rip-off sci fi does this, you'll never catch it in the big things like Metroid, Star Wars, Star Trek, Foundation, and Stargate).

Aside from those quirks this story shows real potential, it just requires some clean-up. Also, you might want to consider completely re-writing there speaking parts, they just sound weird and unnatural.

:) Ha, ha. Helio, don't call it a phone! :wacko:

Edited by manyquestions, 25 June 2007 - 12:24 AM.

I <3 Wave Beam

#3 jakman4242

jakman4242

Vertical Shmup Junkie

• 3222 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:29 AM

Well, you've forgotten multiple appostrophes, placed several m's where they should be n's, why sre the bad guys wearing clocks?, and you used the term "Radioactive Phozotronic Lazeractive Point Beam Apparatus" which means nothing and is just random words put together (which, belive it or not, is not how most sci fi words are created; only horrible, rip-off sci fi does this, you'll never catch it in the big things like Metroid, Star Wars, Star Trek, Foundation, and Stargate).

Aside from those quirks this story shows real potential, it just requires some clean-up.  Also, you might want to consider completely re-writing there speaking parts, they just sound weird and unnatural.

:) Ha, ha.  Helio, don't call it a phone!  :wacko:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Theres a phone called a helio :P

and sorry, i had to rush the idea out of my head before i lost it.
"Radioactive Phozotronic Lazeractive Point Beam Apparatus"
Radioactive=Acidic
Phozotronic=Energy(custom name)
Point= precision
Beam= well, beam
Apparatus= Apparatus means tool right?

And, as i said it was rushed. All the conversations and such will be written out fluently when it comes time. And, actually. This game is fantasy. The red cloaks are just clothing, rofl.

EDIT: but yes, thank you for the comment.
EDIT 2: Even if there is a phone called aHelio that i didn't know of until now. My games name, and planets are called Helion

Edited by jakman4242, 25 June 2007 - 12:32 AM.

-- My blog. --

#4 manyquestions

manyquestions

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1429 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:37 AM

Aside from those quirks this story shows real potential, it just requires some clean-up.  Also, you might want to consider completely re-writing there speaking parts, they just sound weird and unnatural.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Radioactive=Acidic
Point= precision
Beam= well, beam

And, as i said it was rushed. All the conversations and such will be written out fluently when it comes time. And, actually. This game is fantasy. The red cloaks are just clothing, rofl.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, see cloaks makes more sense than clocks. I understand that most of those wrods did mean something but you can't just randomly put them together like that, at least, not if you want it to be respectable.

"Helio, don't call it a phone!" is the advertizing slogan of a cell phone-like product called a Helio that does not wish to be compared to other cell phone companies and makes this apparent through means of over-dramatized sequences on commercials in which people confuse the Helio for a phone usually resulting the Helio's owner getting upset or angry, it's pretty funny. Judging by your spelling of the word center, I'll say you live in the UK or someplace near there, or that uses a similar form of English. I live in the U.S. where we spell center like so, and this is the only place I've seen the Helio ads, they might not be in Europe.

Edited by manyquestions, 25 June 2007 - 12:43 AM.

I <3 Wave Beam

#5 jakman4242

jakman4242

Vertical Shmup Junkie

• 3222 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:44 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Radioactive=Acidic
Point= precision
Beam= well, beam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, see cloaks makes more sense than clocks. I understand that most of those wrods did mean something but you can't just randomly put them together like that, at least, not if you want it to be respectable.

"Helio, don't call it a phone!" is the advertizing slogan of a cell phone-like product called a Helio that does not wish to be compared to other cell phone companies and make this apparent through means of over-dramatized sequences on commercials in which people confuse the Helio for a phone usually resulting the Helio's owner getting upset or angry, it's pretty funny. Judging by your spelling of the word center, I'll say you live in the UK or someplace near there, or that uses a similar form of English. I live in the U.S. where we spell center like so, and this is the only place I've seen the Helio ads, they might not be in Europe.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol, i live in cali. All my life. I just commonly mispell when i type fast.(90 wpm omg omg omg) i spelt center centre on purpose. Its how they spell it there(lol?). They spell everything differently, at least the words commonly mistakable. I'll fix the clock thing right now o_O'

PS:
The names are final. I did not purposly name it closely to a 'phone', so no flaming please.

Edited by jakman4242, 25 June 2007 - 12:45 AM.

-- My blog. --

#6 manyquestions

manyquestions

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1429 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:49 AM

PS:
The names are final. I did not purposly name it closely to a 'phone', so no flaming please.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Relax, twas a joke. How have you not seen those commercials? I know they have to be on the west coast too. Oh well.

This sounds like a good idea though, deffinately make it.

Edited by manyquestions, 25 June 2007 - 12:49 AM.

I <3 Wave Beam

#7 jakman4242

jakman4242

Vertical Shmup Junkie

• 3222 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:50 AM

PS:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Relax, twas a joke. How have you not seen those commercials? I know they have to be on the west coast too. Oh well.

This sounds like a good idea though, deffinately make it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol, ok. And i think i might have seen a LITTLE bit of the commercial. Because the name sounds a little farmiliar. But i was probably flipping channels. Plus, i don't watch too much TV. I rather spend my time on here.
-- My blog. --

#8 ryang67

ryang67

"Destruction Trails Me"

• 624 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:57 AM

That is a sweet story.. :)
I defenitly think you should continue production on this project.
I think what you said about you can pick 3 proffesions. I think the character should have a little bit of all of em'. Maybe she meets a friend on the 3 days they have before war. Each of the 3 would have a different job and they would all teach each other their job so they all know everything. Just a suggestion..
Also each 'level' would exersize a different job, like one level would just be plain battling(for warrior I guess, if that is a job) the next level would be like fixing a tank (engineer, if thats a job. And so on..

Join OMG Gaming Community now and become a mod! Wow!

#9 jakman4242

jakman4242

Vertical Shmup Junkie

• 3222 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:10 AM

That is a sweet story.. :wacko:
I think what you said about you can pick 3 proffesions. I think the character should have a little bit of all of em'. Maybe she meets a friend on the 3 days they have before war. Each of the 3 would have a different job and they would all teach each other their job so they all know everything. Just a suggestion..
Also each 'level' would exersize a different job, like one level would just be plain battling(for warrior I guess, if that is a job) the next level would be like fixing a tank (engineer, if thats a job. And so on..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I won't be using jobs. It's way too overused. And thanks, i really liked the story too. I will continue this project. But, for it to work out i need a bug free message system that has x,y,width,height, key to go to the next message index. I had it, but something happened and i lost the script :). And, the 3 professions is to get the player to play again. I will make something unique called battle skills though(you just gave me the idea) When your going around you can learn how to do thing in battle. Like you talk to a old repairman. You can then learn how to repair specific things if you can coax him into it(like giving him some water if he has a parched throat)
But can someone please provide me with the script i requested? Its the only thing im missing to the game, and i really need it. I believe i found it on the GMC, it was with some green guy i think and you walked around talking to those white guys from star wars. It used all the stuff from gm resource packs i think. But if someone could please find this example with the script in it i'd give you mondo credit and a character in the game.
-- My blog. --

#10 manyquestions

manyquestions

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1429 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:17 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah but you also want to avoid mixing too many drastically different genres together in a sectionalized way. Like your idea for the first level sounds like an action or adventure game and your idea for the second level sounds like a puzzle or something, those two genres typically don't set well together. You could mix them into a hybrid genre, an action puzzle, as long as the entire game is an action puzzle and not dived up into action sequnces and puzle seguences. That just doesn't seem right for this game though. I'd say go for action/adventure or RPG format, which I've come to accept as a seperate genre.

I <3 Wave Beam

#11 jakman4242

jakman4242

Vertical Shmup Junkie

• 3222 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:33 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah but you also want to avoid mixing too many drastically different genres together in a sectionalized way. Like your idea for the first level sounds like an action or adventure game and your idea for the second level sounds like a puzzle or something, those two genres typically don't set well together. You could mix them into a hybrid genre, an action puzzle, as long as the entire game is an action puzzle and not dived up into action sequnces and puzle seguences. That just doesn't seem right for this game though. I'd say go for action/adventure or RPG format, which I've come to accept as a seperate genre.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, the genre of this game is fantasy. Now that we have this down, i'll say that the battle system is much like Star Ocean 3 once again. There are no puzzles in this game although i've decided to make the player need to know things to move on.
-- My blog. --

#12 Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 704 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:33 AM

This story can only illicit one response from me.

"What?"

#13 jakman4242

jakman4242

Vertical Shmup Junkie

• 3222 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:34 AM

This story can only illicit one response from me.

"What?"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

elaborate?
-- My blog. --

#14 manyquestions

manyquestions

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1429 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:53 AM

Okay, the genre of this game is fantasy. Now that we have this down, i'll say that the battle system is much like Star Ocean 3 once again. There are no puzzles in this game although i've decided to make the player need to know things to move on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Puzzles were part of an example to show how I didn't think ryang67's idea would work. Fantasy is a story genre, not a game genre. Look on the Favorite Game Genre poll for examples of game genres. It sounds like the game is going to be an RPG/Adventure, just claifying. I've never playe Star Ocean though, how's the battle system?

I <3 Wave Beam

#15 jakman4242

jakman4242

Vertical Shmup Junkie

• 3222 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:59 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Puzzles were part of an example to show how I didn't think ryang67's idea would work. Fantasy is a story genre, not a game genre. Look on the Favorite Game Genre poll for examples of game genres. It sounds like the game is going to be an RPG/Adventure, just claifying. I've never playe Star Ocean though, how's the battle system?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fantasy RPG. I know every game genre quite well. Actually, i thought you were talking to me about the puzzels stuff. Here is a link to the Star Ocean 3 website.
link
-- My blog. --

#16 manyquestions

manyquestions

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1429 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 02:25 AM

That looks pretty cool, but I hate to break it to you, if it involves interstellar space travel and thus the super technology necessary for space travel, it's sci fi. It might be sci fi/fantasy if it has such persistant fantasy elements as the Star Ocean site had. Technomagic, I like that.

Is Square second partied to Sony or something now? I'm getting tired of there insistance on only developing for Play Station. You'd think that if they were third party, they'd get over it and start developing across console lines. Of all the Big 3, Sony is currently the least deserving of exclusives. If the next Final Fantasy is exclusiveto Wii or 360 (or both, just not for PS3), I will not be surprised.

I <3 Wave Beam

#17 Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 704 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 03:25 AM

Nobody here knows what Science Fiction is.

Science Fiction is Fiction, based on real science. Star Wars is not Science Fiction. Star Trek is not science fiction. They are both Science Fantasy.

#18 manyquestions

manyquestions

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1429 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 03:57 AM

That sounds all intellegent but don't say that crap because in truth it doesn't make any sense. You know what I mean and what anyone else that says sci fi means.

While technically fantasy and fiction can be thought of as the same thing and fanasy technically just means immaginative, sci fi and fantasy are two common genres and, they can be confused, but they are pretty well defined as this: Science fiction is a story that usually involves advanced technology beyond what we had the day it was written and this advanced technology is key to and found throughout the story in general. Fantasy is a story that usually takes place in a time when there is less technological capabilities than today and usually involves magic of some sort or adventures involving great creatures that often don't exist. However, fantasy has expanded to incluse sci fi/fantasy style stories involving tecnomagic type things like in Star Ocean (or at least what I saw on that website), present-day level technology but still fantasy with magic and mythical creatures like the Amulet of Samarkand, and even things like Marry Poppins can sometimes be considered fantasy. But most people recognize fantasy's separation from sci fi and recognize sci fi as a valid genre.

Star Wars, Star Trek, Stargate, Foundation, and Metroid are science fiction. Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, evrything from Greek mythology, The Legend of Zelda, and the various tales of King Arthur and Merlin are fantasy. Most people can agree on those last two sentances.

But let's get back on topic so as to avoid causing the topic to be closed.

Edited by manyquestions, 25 June 2007 - 03:57 AM.

I <3 Wave Beam

#19 jakman4242

jakman4242

Vertical Shmup Junkie

• 3222 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 04:05 AM

That sounds all intellegent but don't say that crap because in truth it doesn't make any sense.  You know what I mean and what anyone else that says sci fi means.

While technically fantasy and fiction can be thought of as the same thing and fanasy technically just means immaginative, sci fi and fantasy are two common genres and, they can be confused, but they are pretty well defined as this:  Science fiction is a story that usually involves advanced technology beyond what we had the day it was written and this advanced technology is key to and found throughout the story in general.  Fantasy is a story that usually takes place in a time when there is less technological capabilities than today and usually involves magic of some sort or adventures involving great creatures that often don't exist.  However, fantasy has expanded to incluse sci fi/fantasy style stories involving tecnomagic type things like in Star Ocean (or at least what I saw on that website), present-day level technology but still fantasy with magic and mythical creatures like the Amulet of Samarkand, and even things like Marry Poppins can sometimes be considered fantasy.  But most people recognize fantasy's separation from sci fi and recognize sci fi as a valid genre.

Star Wars, Star Trek, Stargate, Foundation, and Metroid are science fiction.  Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, evrything from Greek mythology, The Legend of Zelda, and the various tales of King Arthur and Merlin are fantasy.  Most people can agree on those last two sentances.

But let's get back on topic so as to avoid causing the topic to be closed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly. Fantasy involves thing that usually aren't possible. I assure you this games story has nothing to do with us. Humans do NOT live on a planet called earth. They live in the whole Helion Galaxy. Now, to set it apart from sci-fi, it has magic. And various other things to classify it as fantasy. Like the fact people often dress in strange clothing, not like the jumpsuits in star trek
This game means a lot to me. Please do not accuse it of science fiction.

Edited by jakman4242, 25 June 2007 - 04:06 AM.

-- My blog. --

#20 manyquestions

manyquestions

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1429 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 04:14 AM

Why is it so horrible for it to be science fiction? Many of the most memorable stories the world has ever heard are science fiction, a cross-breed (if you'll excuse the ugly word, let's say hybrid) a hybrid of science fiction and fantasy is one of the greatest hybrid genres there is.

I <3 Wave Beam

#21 jakman4242

jakman4242

Vertical Shmup Junkie

• 3222 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 04:33 AM

Why is it so horrible for it to be science fiction?  Many of the most memorable stories the world has ever heard are science fiction, a cross-breed (if you'll excuse the ugly word, let's say hybrid) a hybrid of science fiction and fantasy is one of the greatest hybrid genres there is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't like sci fi. And i don't intend my game to be sci fi.
So when someone calls my game sci fi, i feel insulted. See my point?
-- My blog. --

#22 xskele

xskele

GMC Member

• 174 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:03 AM

now see, this story is sci-fi and is an owsome story! :)
i need details on when you will finish this game! :GM131:
please? :)

#23 jakman4242

jakman4242

Vertical Shmup Junkie

• 3222 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:33 AM

now see, this story is sci-fi and is an owsome story! :)
i need details on when you will finish this game! :GM131:
please? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

we're look at about september 2009... haha jkjk.
My first demo will be out around early-mid july hopefully
-- My blog. --

#24 Alert Games

Alert Games

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1119 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:15 PM

Are you that girl? ...

lol j/k.

Anyway, the story has a decent concept, but the hardest part is making that. You would need a lot of graphics, and good graphics. These kinds of games usually go unfinnished.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it! Im just suggesting that you should get organized before takling the project. Plan how you are going to do the prolouge and stuff :)

EDIT: If you want a good demo, I would think it would take till august. Unless you will just release the fighting part of it.

Edited by Alert Games, 26 June 2007 - 02:16 PM.

#25 jakman4242

jakman4242

Vertical Shmup Junkie

• 3222 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:55 PM

Are you that girl? ...

lol j/k.

Anyway, the story has a decent concept, but the hardest part is making that. You would need a lot of graphics, and good graphics. These kinds of games usually go unfinnished.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it! Im just suggesting that you should get organized before takling the project. Plan how you are going to do the prolouge and stuff ;)

EDIT: If you want a good demo, I would think it would take till august. Unless you will just release the fighting part of it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol!
Actually, i can do gfx. Im not bad actually. Im no pro, but i can get a pretty good effect. I like making gfx so its really no problem. Don't get the idea im not organised. I've already planned the whole prolouge out. As a bonus, i have a complete database of scripts and extensions to make my game shine! I already have some of the best textbox systems, menu systems, and drawing functions. Plus, august is a LONG time. I work extreemly fast. I made a game that even before the second page i had released v5 that was over 50x better than v1. But enough of being cocky, actually. The fighting part wont be in the first demo. The only thing the first demo will have is all the systems hooked up. And you could only play to the profession training. But, of course you can get the professions, and fight in VR. Just no special stuff, like the tank battle system add-on i've planned.
-- My blog. --

#26 Hootmat

Hootmat

GMC Member

• 88 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:22 PM

I work extreemly fast. I made a game that even before the second page i had released v5 that was over 50x better than v1

That really depends on if your game was intresting, if not then people wouldn't post, then page two would take longer to come.

This game looks ok, im not a real fan of jazzed up action games, i prefer simple ones (look in my sig) Looks o.k though, i'll decide that fully, the gfx so far looks aceptable, could do with a little shading, try googling graphics gale if you don't already use it.

The story is o.k, may be a bit strange but as long as you do it well it will work, also as a suggestion maybye put in a little bit where you can do as you wish for those 3 days, should be fun and mabye a little time to explore the city?
Platform adventure action nice fun! - STANDBY:chapter 1

#27 jakman4242

jakman4242

Vertical Shmup Junkie

• 3222 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:51 PM

I work extreemly fast. I made a game that even before the second page i had released v5 that was over 50x better than v1

That really depends on if your game was intresting, if not then people wouldn't post, then page two would take longer to come.

This game looks ok, im not a real fan of jazzed up action games, i prefer simple ones (look in my sig) Looks o.k though, i'll decide that fully, the gfx so far looks aceptable, could do with a little shading, try googling graphics gale if you don't already use it.

The story is o.k, may be a bit strange but as long as you do it well it will work, also as a suggestion maybye put in a little bit where you can do as you wish for those 3 days, should be fun and mabye a little time to explore the city?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

everyone that reviewed the game said they loved it.
It got up to about 14 posts i think. Jazzed up action games? Its mostly story-line, as far as i've planned. Which is only shortly after where i left you guys off. See, i've been busy with making the tank mechanisn. Which is impossibly hard for me to do. Since the player is moving along one object, goin up and down slopes destroyin enemies in the room. Its hard to explain. You'll see around the second demo. So far all i've been able to do with the first demo is the title screen :( (which is awesome it uses a carousel menu!)
-- My blog. --

#28 Wanderer

Wanderer

GMC Member

• 38 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 12:34 AM

Call that Phototronic Electric Zomfg Laser Point Beam Kamehameha Whatever-The Hell Apparatus something else. I reccomend "Lazor". An abbreviation of "Light Assault Zeken-Obermann Rifle". Zeken-Obermann, Inc being the company that made the weapon.

Make sure to add a bonus, easter egg-scene in which a main character, who is black, takes one, charges it up, and shouts, "IMMA CHARGIN MA LAZOR!!!1!11!!" He then proceeds to destroy all enemies at once. This can be accessed by typing in the cheat code, "ShoopDaWhoop". :(

#29 jakman4242

jakman4242

Vertical Shmup Junkie

• 3222 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 02:27 AM

Call that Phototronic Electric Zomfg Laser Point Beam Kamehameha Whatever-The Hell Apparatus something else. I reccomend "Lazor".  An abbreviation of "Light Assault Zeken-Obermann Rifle". Zeken-Obermann, Inc being the company that made the weapon.

Make sure to add a bonus, easter egg-scene in which a main character, who is black, takes one, charges it up, and shouts, "IMMA CHARGIN MA LAZOR!!!1!11!!" He then proceeds to destroy all enemies at once. This can be accessed by typing in the cheat code, "ShoopDaWhoop".  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I recommend you only post in my topic if your going to be serious. Don't spam my topic, i'm working very hard on this game. Don't come into my topic and spam it, or else.
-- My blog. --

#30 Hootmat

Hootmat

GMC Member

• 88 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 02:44 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

everyone that reviewed the game said they loved it.
It got up to about 14 posts i think. Jazzed up action games? Its mostly story-line, as far as i've planned. Which is only shortly after where i left you guys off. See, i've been busy with making the tank mechanisn. Which is impossibly hard for me to do. Since the player is moving along one object, goin up and down slopes destroyin enemies in the room. Its hard to explain. You'll see around the second demo. So far all i've been able to do with the first demo is the title screen -_- (which is awesome it uses a carousel menu!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So basically you need the tank mechanism to snap... not that hard.
Stop beign cocky! Lol the carosal menu probably is that example anyway, try working on the graphics more like I said.
Platform adventure action nice fun! - STANDBY:chapter 1

#31 Wanderer

Wanderer

GMC Member

• 38 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 10:51 PM

Call that Phototronic Electric Zomfg Laser Point Beam Kamehameha Whatever-The Hell Apparatus something else. I reccomend "Lazor".  An abbreviation of "Light Assault Zeken-Obermann Rifle". Zeken-Obermann, Inc being the company that made the weapon.

Make sure to add a bonus, easter egg-scene in which a main character, who is black, takes one, charges it up, and shouts, "IMMA CHARGIN MA LAZOR!!!1!11!!" He then proceeds to destroy all enemies at once. This can be accessed by typing in the cheat code, "ShoopDaWhoop".  :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I recommend you only post in my topic if your going to be serious. Don't spam my topic, i'm working very hard on this game. Don't come into my topic and spam it, or else.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, the first part of that was a serious suggestion. The second part, okay, I was joking, don't take it so hard, jeezum. But the first half was a real suggestion. I'm not spamming. Take a chill pill...

#32 jakman4242

jakman4242

Vertical Shmup Junkie

• 3222 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 11:00 PM

Make sure to add a bonus, easter egg-scene in which a main character, who is black, takes one, charges it up, and shouts, "IMMA CHARGIN MA LAZOR!!!1!11!!" He then proceeds to destroy all enemies at once. This can be accessed by typing in the cheat code, "ShoopDaWhoop".  :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, the first part of that was a serious suggestion. The second part, okay, I was joking, don't take it so hard, jeezum. But the first half was a real suggestion. I'm not spamming. Take a chill pill...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sure Kamehameha isn't already used by another game? Plus, if it was serious. I thank you for the suggestion. But i want to make all the weird names and all that myself.

And yes, the carousel menu is off of the example. But i only used the scripts. And, I'm not being cocky. I'm trying to keep myself interested in this game, by being enthusiastic. As i often lose interest in games i work on, but I've been going out through this game for quite awhile. I'm now just about 1/4th done with the story i posted for you guys :angry:
-- My blog. --