Photo

Concept, Character, Cutscene, Etc. Art Drawer.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Uzaki

Uzaki

GMC Member

• 409 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:36 PM

Hello, I'm practicing my drawing skills, so please give me requests for all your hand drawn needs! Requests take quite a bit of time to complete, so I do the easiest things first. Remember, I still have school till the end of the 18th, but I can probably work on your requests at school. If you want color, expect it that it will take longer.
Anything like this is good for a request:
[example]
Object: A plasma bazooka
Color: None
View: Front view
Style: Sketchy
Time: Future
Use: Concept art
Shading: Yes
Description: A long yet thin in diameter bazooka where you can see a horizontal meter that indicates how much plasma is in it. It doesn't have a handlebar, but a sort of gripping area at the firing end's bottom and another one next to the tank end's bottom.
[/example]
I will work on this example request at school, and I'll also post examples.

I will not draw anything of mature content (except gore). Lmao.

Examples:
Some things I did in spare school time.

Samus:
Posted Image

Todo list (in order of priority going up to down):
demonlemon (finished, just need to post)
grandhighgamer

Uzaki

Note: I'm grounded :( so It'll be hard to look here frequently.

Edited by Uzaki, 17 June 2007 - 10:32 AM.

#2 skynt

skynt

GMC Member

• 33 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:45 PM

A top view of a tank kinda like those in Advance Wars (except from a top-down view and not super tiny like in the game).

Really, just do a normal sized tank colored blue or red that isn't bigger then 100x100 pixels

It would be a modern tank, and it doesn't have to be realistic looking. In fact I'd like it kinda big at the top, think of it as a chi-bi tank

Edited by skynt, 10 June 2007 - 09:47 PM.

#3 Uzaki

Uzaki

GMC Member

• 409 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:49 PM

Hold on...I'm not doing sprites, just hand-drawn art. So really I could draw a tank, but I stopped spriting for people...Takes too long.

#4 skynt

skynt

GMC Member

• 33 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:56 PM

Oh sorry, my bad. I gotta read :(

#5 Uzaki

Uzaki

GMC Member

• 409 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:28 PM

Hello? Request please, trust me I draw realy well for my age (12 years old)...I'll post the example sooner or later.

#6 Solace-CS

Solace-CS

GMC Member

• 257 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:54 PM

Hey! If you're really good at doing character concept, I have a favor to ask of yah.
What: A medieval white knight.
Color: Null(None)
View: Angled
Style: Concept, soft lead.
Time: Medieval
Shading: Either or.
Description: A white knight, basic armor, helmet, curiass, grieves, etc...
Standing at something of an angle, legs spread about shoulders width, knees straight.
Shield strapped to left arm, left arm back furthermost.
Sheathed longsword by left(back furthermost).

I hope that's enough info.
Thank you!

Edited by Solace-CS, 12 June 2007 - 07:06 PM.

#7 Uzaki

Uzaki

GMC Member

• 409 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 05:16 PM

Alright I'll get right to it! But before I start, I would like to understand what you mean by:
"View: Angled" Like in a perspective? Which angle, 3/4?
"Shading: Either or." Do you mean that it's up to me?
Oh and also, is the knight right or left handed lol, and should his sword arm hold the sword? Which side of him can you see the sword (left or right)?
What kind of drawing theme/style do you want? For instance, it could be real, manga, chibi manga, cartoony, etc. (even though I don't think that there are any other styles)? I would assume that you want it to be realistic, but I'd just like to make sure. (I'm pretty good at drawing manga but realistic is ok too)
You don't mind if I ask credit right :whistle: ?

#8 Solace-CS

Solace-CS

GMC Member

• 257 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 07:08 PM

3/4 angle like you said, shading is up to you, realistic manga, a cross between the two, he isn't holding the sword, but it's in a sheath on his left side, which is the one in the background, with the shield.

And credit is fine.

#9 Demonlemon

Demonlemon

GMC Member

• 228 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 07:16 PM

What: demonlemon
Color: Null(None)
View: Angled
Style: Concept, soft lead.
Time: present
Shading: yes
Description:Reference
Calgary GM'ers unite!

If I request some sprites and forget to type in the view, just assume its platform since platform games are the only kind I make.
98% of the teenage population has smoked, if you are one of the proud 2% that never will, put this in your sig.
(\_/)
(°_°)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny in your sig. to help him in world domination.

#10 Uzaki

Uzaki

GMC Member

• 409 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:03 PM

Ok I'll get to it!

#11 Null Program

Null Program

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 246 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:14 PM

ill do one :blink:

#12 Uzaki

Uzaki

GMC Member

• 409 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:05 PM

I finished yours, Solace-CS, but he's too skinny and it doesn't seem right for a knight...I'm going to redo it.

#13 Uzaki

Uzaki

GMC Member

• 409 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 09:37 PM

Sorry for double posting, but no one will find my topic on the 4th page ;) . Here you go Solace-CS:
Posted Image
I'm sorry that it's not in 3/4, I only realized my mistake when I finished drawing...I must admit, it looks a bit strange for a white knight, but I managed to get the curiasses and grieves, and a pretty ok helmet.
Demonlemon, I'm starting yours now.

#14 World_Domination

World_Domination

GMC Member

• 121 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 09:42 PM

Hey man to make your concept art a little better heres what you need to do
1. Try drawing a circle man before you start to get the concept and porportians right
2. When shading armor try deciding were the light is coming from
3. Don't be afraid to use an eraser

#15 Uzaki

Uzaki

GMC Member

• 409 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:04 PM

Hey man to make your concept art a little better heres what you need to do
1. Try drawing a circle man before you start to get the concept and porportians right
2. When shading armor try deciding were the light is coming from
3. Don't be afraid to use an eraser

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. Aww they're still incorrect >.< I used to do that but I thought that I got the hang of it by now.
2.I did, but I must admit, the light in that drawing seemed like there were actually two.
3. I used an eraser quite a bit, but my pencil doesn't erase completely.

I'm posting more examples of my old work.

#16 World_Domination

World_Domination

GMC Member

• 121 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:54 PM

I do a lot of world of warcraft style drawing and the circles help me get started like take your knights legs for instance in most types of armor the front of the leg is covered with platebody and then the rest with chainmail and you way want to try thinking of it as a 3d figure it looks king of Napolean Dynamite right now but if you drew it in 3d it would be like World of Warcraft (never refer to fantasy as runescape it is the evilest kiddish most contagious bad game there is)

#17 Uzaki

Uzaki

GMC Member

• 409 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:51 AM

I do a lot of world of warcraft style drawing and the circles help me get started like take your knights legs for instance in most types of armor the front of the leg is covered with platebody and then the rest with chainmail and you way want to try thinking of it as a 3d figure it looks king of Napolean Dynamite right now but if you drew it in 3d it would be like World of Warcraft (never refer to fantasy as runescape it is the evilest kiddish most contagious bad game there is)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lmao ok.
And yeah, Runescape is indeed "the evilest kiddish most contagious bad game there is".

Really, I'm doing this 'cause I know that there are many people who can't draw well, and everyone I know and every person in my school says that I draw really well. Then again, I'm only in 6th grade :medieval: .

Edited by Uzaki, 16 June 2007 - 09:55 AM.

#18 grandhighgamer

grandhighgamer

Village Idiot

• GMC Member
  • 3876 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 16 June 2007 - 10:26 AM

What: Soldier
Color: Camo pattern, caucasian, brown hair, no helmet
View: Running towards you
Style: Active?
Time: Near future
Shading: Please
Description: Camoflauged soldier, lacks a helmet, add a little mouth peice (headset), maybe with a lense going over an eye (Ghost Recon style). Pistol in a holster, assault rifle on his back. Add something around his waist. A couple of fabric pockets (if you know what I mean), a little black computer looking thing with a couple of wires extruding, and maybe a ammo magazine strapped to his left side (your right).
Reference photos:
http://www.smh.com.a...__300x388,0.jpg
http://www.paraclete...MITCHELL-A0.gif
http://www.army.forc...ages/2_0/22.jpg
http://www.seejah.co.../fiveseven4.jpg

GHG WUZ ERE

#19 World_Domination

World_Domination

GMC Member

• 121 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:51 PM

Well I'm in 7th and you are pretty good for your age (you shouldv'e seen my drawing in 6th grade) 7th grade was when I started in my art skills It took me all year to hone them and my drawing take 4-5 hours and then shading takes 2-3 so most of the time my good drawings can take 1-2 days but an easy smalll guy with little detail takes about 2 hours

#20 Darth-me

Darth-me

GMC Member

• 180 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 04:48 PM

Hey Uzaki, are you still doing the inanimate sprites?

#21 Uzaki

Uzaki

GMC Member

• 409 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 05:09 PM

@World_Domination:
Wow, my drawings usually take only 1 hour to draw, encluding shading. Only my realy good drawings take around 3 or less hours, depending how much detail I put in them.

@Darth-me:
I hate to say it, but I don't think so. There is a chance, though since school just ended for me yesterday.

#22 grandhighgamer

grandhighgamer

Village Idiot

• GMC Member
  • 3876 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:28 PM

I feel rejected.

GHG WUZ ERE

#23 World_Domination

World_Domination

GMC Member

• 121 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:31 PM

The reason I put so much time and effort into my art is cause I have a dream to create an online game unlike no other an mmorpg that you don't have to download and not made with any of the programs made by adobe or java I want to program it to support 3d in high detail on slow computers using delta and alpha speed instead of fps

#24 Uzaki

Uzaki

GMC Member

• 409 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:34 AM

I feel rejected.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't worry, I'll do yours. It's a hard request though, 'cause I'm used to drawing manga and not reaistic war soldiers.

@WD: Good luck! I'm making a MMORPG that you have to download, but it will look superb, just need to model better (it's 3D).

Edited by Uzaki, 17 June 2007 - 10:36 AM.

#25 Demonlemon

Demonlemon

GMC Member

• 228 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:03 PM

So... are you still doing mine?
Calgary GM'ers unite!

If I request some sprites and forget to type in the view, just assume its platform since platform games are the only kind I make.
98% of the teenage population has smoked, if you are one of the proud 2% that never will, put this in your sig.
(\_/)
(°_°)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny in your sig. to help him in world domination.