• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#1 X3no

X3no

GMC Member

• 288 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:52 PM

Posted Image
Installer Version (broken) | Zip Version | Buy The Premium Version ($30.00) | Official Webpage

:GM069: Basic Information:
Current Version: v1.10F | File Size: 5.5 MB | GM Version: GM7 | Fullscreen: No | Changes Screen Resolution: No

Premium Edition Now For Sale!

:P Screenshots:
v1.10 Premium Edition:
Posted Image
v1.00 Default Skin:
Posted Image
v1.00 Screenshot 2
v1.00 Darkness Skin

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
A major bug was fixed and if you downloaded X3no Arcade v1.10 before Sat. October 13, 2007 you will need to download the latest version manually.

:huh: Premium Edition
X3no Arcade Premium Edition is currently available. If you are interested in purchasing the Premium Edition, it can be bought here. The Premium Edition includes many more features and will soon have its own set of games that are only available in the premium edition of the arcade. See the Features list for details on what is included in the premium version (Premium features are highlighted in red.)

:GM070: Description:
X3no Arcade is a game distribution program that gets games that are submitted from an online database. The game list is automatically updated when the program is opened no need to download a new version because the games aren't stored with the arcade but on a database and are only downloaded when installed by a user. We still accept game submissions via this form.

:P Current Version Includes:
Red= Premium Edition Only Features
  • Extensions & Widgets
  • Scroll wheel Scrolling
  • Multiple my games lists
  • Play now Feature
  • Customization Options
  • Dual-Interfaces
  • Featured Games
  • Premium Games
  • Login
  • Chat
  • Improved setup and loading
  • Auto-Minimization Support
  • Favorites Menu
  • System Tray Minimization
  • Full Documentation
  • A online game library containing almost 50 games.
  • A Skinable interface.
  • An external skin builder. Downloaded here
  • A game rating system
  • A game reviewing system
  • Description files for each game complete with screenshots.
  • Game Categories
  • A separate list of all games currently installed on the users PC.
  • Download Counter & progress bar
  • Flash (.swf) game support
  • and more.
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Game of the week contest!!!</span>

Games Currently in the arcade game library:
  • Battleship Forever
  • Coaster Rider
  • Arcball
  • Deep Magic
  • Enix Wave
  • Dr. Putts
  • Blokz Arcade
  • Vayo Revenge: Essence
  • Kirby Online
  • Grapnel
  • Modulus
  • Death Worm
  • Space Invaders
  • Space Wars
  • wodgewar
  • Sky Snake
  • Ghost Escape
  • Mystical Ninja
  • Chrono Ship
  • Lined
  • Challengo
  • Sky High
  • Silver Bounce
  • Helicopter Pilot
  • Pong Tournament 2007
  • Many more
:D Submitting Games:
We are in need of Gmc members who are willing to add their games to the game library. You don't have to give out any source, only the executable. If you are interested in submitting your game click here.
We will review all game submissions by hand before adding them to the game database. Please only submit your own game! Do not try to take credit for someone else's work.
Your games can be submitted via this form

:GM060: Other Information:
If you have any suggestions, questions, or need help with something, pm me.
For more information on how to have your game included in this please visit the distribution topic

v1.02 uses a new skinning mechanism so any skins that were built with the beta version of the skin builder are now obsolete. The new version of the skin builder can be found here.

Please report any broken links or problems with the application. Thank you.

:GM009:Additional Download Mirrors:
Mirror #1 - Yoyo Games - v1.10 w/o Skin pack
Download .com v1.10F

Other Links
Skin Pack
Skin Builder

:GM045: Informational Links:
Distribution topic
X3no Arcade Homepage
Submit Game
X3no Productions Forums
X3no Arcade Forums
X3no Productions Homepage
Skins page
x3nopro@gmail.com

Help File
EULA

Skin Builder

:lol: Support This Project:
Support us by putting a banner in your signature.

[URL=http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=295507]
[IMG]http://x3nopro.x3non.com/arcade/images/x3no_arcade2.gif[/IMG][/URL] X3no Arcade Supporter
Some other banners are also included here

Edited by X3no, 29 September 2008 - 08:06 PM.

#2 brod

brod

Brian RODriguez

• GMC Member
  • 2050 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:00 PM

Isn't this basically these forums? Except the forums have more games to pick from and aren't limited to what you think is best? I mean, I love the idea, but that's what forums are for...

Every feature on your program is featured on this forum.

Edited by brodballer, 06 June 2007 - 10:05 PM.

#3 BenRK

BenRK

Now in high-definition!

• GMC Member
  • 855 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:09 PM

For some reason, this isn't working properly for me. No games are being listed, and no news as well.

#4 X3no

X3no

GMC Member

• 288 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:10 PM

For some reason, this isn't working properly for me. No games are being listed, and no news as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

More than likely that means it is being blocked by a firewall.

#5 BenRK

BenRK

Now in high-definition!

• GMC Member
  • 855 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:12 PM

That is most likely the case. I'll try it again once I get home.

#6 X3no

X3no

GMC Member

• 288 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:15 PM

Isn't this basically these forums? Except the forums have more games to pick from and aren't limited to what you think is best? I mean, I love the idea, but that's what forums are for...

Every feature on your program is featured on this forum.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But this is a desktop application not a webbased one and we don't allow prank programs or games that are full of bugs so you don't have to worry about these types of things. It is also much more easy to find good games. There is more than one gamemaker forum so what is wrong with a program that does the same type of thing?

Edited by X3no, 06 June 2007 - 10:16 PM.

#7 brod

brod

Brian RODriguez

• GMC Member
  • 2050 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:22 PM

Well, the problem with listing the "good" games is that "good" games are opinions. Some think that one game is good while others think that a game is horrible, which is why this forum is ideal. Although it's true that forums contain more bugs, bugs are extremely easy to catch, because users who try to download virus games can realize right away. But I do understand what you mean by desktop game. Just make sure to post games of all types. Not just if you think it's good.

#8 X3no

X3no

GMC Member

• 288 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:24 PM

Well, the problem with listing the "good" games is that "good" games are opinions. Some think that one game is good while others think that a game is horrible, which is why this forum is ideal. Although it's true that forums contain more bugs, bugs are extremely easy to catch, because users who try to download virus games can realize right away. But I do understand what you mean by desktop game. Just make sure to post games of all types. Not just if you think it's good.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't just post games that i think are good i post all games that are submitted as long as they aren't extremely low quality or buggy.

I also have a few other people playing the games that i plan on adding and looking for other games. That way it isn't just my opinion I have some other peoples opinions as well.

Edited by X3no, 06 June 2007 - 10:47 PM.

#9 IceMetalPunk

IceMetalPunk

InfiniteIMPerfection

• GMC Elder
  • 9603 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:29 PM

No credits? :lol: J/K.

I like it. 7/10...would be cool if you could find a way to play the game in the same window as the Arcade instead of loading it separately.

-IMP :D :huh:

:GM123: Are you an artist who likes creating original creature designs? Maybe you can help out with Elementa here! Give it a look; you might like the idea :)

:bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny:

#10 X3no

X3no

GMC Member

• 288 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:46 PM

No credits? :lol: J/K.

I like it. 7/10...would be cool if you could find a way to play the game in the same window as the Arcade instead of loading it separately.

-IMP :D :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That wouldn't work unless the games were merged together and that would be a really big exe.

and to get to the credits just click the little x menu and click info.

Edited by X3no, 06 June 2007 - 10:59 PM.

#11 IceMetalPunk

IceMetalPunk

InfiniteIMPerfection

• GMC Elder
  • 9603 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:14 AM

Not necessarily... I once saw a DLL that allowed you to run Notepad (or any other program) in a floating window, but the window was contained within the main game window so it looked like it was part of the main game...

-IMP :( :huh:

:GM123: Are you an artist who likes creating original creature designs? Maybe you can help out with Elementa here! Give it a look; you might like the idea :)

:bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny:

#12 X3no

X3no

GMC Member

• 288 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:19 AM

Not necessarily... I once saw a DLL that allowed you to run Notepad (or any other program) in a floating window, but the window was contained within the main game window so it looked like it was part of the main game...

-IMP :( :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used the dll before. It doesn't constrain the window it just puts it under the handle of the main window. I might use it though to make it run nicely.

Edit: I tryed it and it didnt't work. And plus some games are full screen or have a different window size so there would be no way to really embed the games into it.

Edited by X3no, 07 June 2007 - 12:39 AM.

#13 BenRK

BenRK

Now in high-definition!

• GMC Member
  • 855 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 01:53 AM

It's a little slow though. Maybe you should have it download and save html information and only update it when there is an update instead of every time you view the page. This should make it a lot faster and more usable.

#14 X3no

X3no

GMC Member

• 288 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:19 AM

It's a little slow though. Maybe you should have it download and save html information and only update it when there is an update instead of every time you view the page. This should make it a lot faster and more usable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It doesn't go very slow for me and my computer isn't very good. Try the classic interface by going to the menu and selecting interface style. It has less complexity to it so it loads faster.

It shouldn't be that slow unless your connection runs slow. most of the files are a max of 2 kb (other than the games themselves) so it shouldn't be that bad. It would probably take longer to check file sizes and if files exist than it does to download a 2kb file.

Edited by X3no, 07 June 2007 - 02:25 AM.

#15 BenRK

BenRK

Now in high-definition!

• GMC Member
  • 855 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:37 AM

Well, I will admit that my home connection is crap (a slow router), but it shouldn't have been slow when I tested it at the local teen center, yet it was.

#16 X3no

X3no

GMC Member

• 288 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:52 AM

Well, I will admit that my home connection is crap (a slow router), but it shouldn't have been slow when I tested it at the local teen center, yet it was.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It runs fine on my computer and neither of my testers had a problem speed wise.

But I did find a problem that will cause it to slow down and it is running slower because of a server side bug which should be fixed by tomorrow.

I also will be releasing an update tomorrow that fixes a few small bugs.

Edited by X3no, 07 June 2007 - 03:06 AM.

#17 BenRK

BenRK

Now in high-definition!

• GMC Member
  • 855 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:08 AM

Not every one has a fast router, and I think you should consider what I said. You wouldn't have to check for file sizes, you could simply have only 1 file downloaded that holds the latest update dates and compares it to one saved to the users computer. If something doesn't match, then the updated file is downloaded.

#18 necrotic

necrotic

GMC Member

• 238 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 01:35 PM

That would require more file checking.

If your connection will not allow 2KB, then how do you view this page? Its images are a lot more than that.

#19 X3no

X3no

GMC Member

• 288 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:47 PM

I released v1.01 that corrects a bug with the comment system.

#20 Alpha59

Alpha59

GMC Member

• 61 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 02:57 PM

Aha. That's nice, since most of the time the comments display a 'could not find page' message.
I like this project, but the skin creating should be smoother..

#21 necrotic

necrotic

GMC Member

• 238 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:47 PM

Things are being worked on :(

We are getting our serverside stuff in order at the moment....

Ill talk to X3no about the skin maker....

#22 Alpha59

Alpha59

GMC Member

• 61 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 04:35 PM

Things are being worked on :(

We are getting our serverside stuff in order at the moment....

Ill talk to X3no about the skin maker....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No need, I'm already helping him with it..
Thanks anyway!

#23 necrotic

necrotic

GMC Member

• 238 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 04:38 PM

Ill look into UI options....

#24 Alpha59

Alpha59

GMC Member

• 61 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:56 PM

I think you should have annual or monthly contests.
And ehm.. Moar hall of famez!

#25 MegaNoob

MegaNoob

GMC Member

• 395 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:14 PM

Very nice. I like the interface and the idea of the program. Makes it fairly usefull to find good, free games all i one archive. I entered your competition but I'm sure mine won't win (saying several others also tryed). I love the skin changeing! Very nice program, I just hope it gets more games :unsure: !

-MegaNoob

#26 necrotic

necrotic

GMC Member

• 238 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:21 PM

Whats your game called?

Ill get X3no to upload it. He is out for today.... so ill get him to do it early tomorrow. I don't like messing with his file structures.... messy stuff....

#27 Alpha59

Alpha59

GMC Member

• 61 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:51 AM

Very nice. I like the interface and the idea of the program. Makes it fairly usefull to find good, free games all i one archive. I entered your competition but I'm sure mine won't win (saying several others also tryed). I love the skin changeing! Very nice program, I just hope it gets more games  :blink: !

-MegaNoob

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My advice : If you want to see more games,
make moar games.
That's why I like X3no Arcade, you can get your own games on.

#28 FantiX

FantiX

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 175 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 01:44 PM

full of bugs

#29 Alpha59

Alpha59

GMC Member

• 61 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 03:01 PM

Huh? Full of bugs? Really? Perhaps it would help the X3no Staff
if you told them WHAT bugs.

#30 MegaNoob

MegaNoob

GMC Member

• 395 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:04 PM

Very nice. I like the interface and the idea of the program. Makes it fairly usefull to find good, free games all i one archive. I entered your competition but I'm sure mine won't win (saying several others also tryed). I love the skin changeing! Very nice program, I just hope it gets more gamesĀ  :blink: !

-MegaNoob

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My advice : If you want to see more games,
make moar games.
That's why I like X3no Arcade, you can get your own games on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Already submitted mine.

#31 X3no

X3no

GMC Member

• 288 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:49 PM

full of bugs

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what bugs? We have done extetensive testing and so far havent found any.

#32 Alpha59

Alpha59

GMC Member

• 61 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:06 AM

Indeed. I haven't experienced any bugs since the last update.
Perhaps you weren't connected to the internet or something?

#33 X3no

X3no

GMC Member

• 288 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 03:13 AM

Since people are having problems with firewalls and internet connections, I am working on an update that checks the internet connection before running the main application so if it can't connect it will end the program and give you a message telling you what went wrong.

Thank you everyone for your replies you are helping us improve this application. Please continue to give feedback so that we can keep improving this. Suggestions, game submissions, bug reports, and general comments are all appreciated.

P.S. Alpha, I am checking out your skin maker example now so I should start working on the new one soon.

Edited by X3no, 12 June 2007 - 03:14 AM.

#34 jakman4242

jakman4242

Vertical Shmup Junkie

• 3222 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:04 AM

Very cool-looking,

i'll edit once i play it,
And are all games submitted put in?
-- My blog. --

#35 necrotic

necrotic

GMC Member

• 238 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 01:45 PM

Yes, unless it breaks one of our guidelines.

#36 MegaNoob

MegaNoob

GMC Member

• 395 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 01:58 PM

Yeah, I'm also starting to experience a few bugs. I think its just my comp but I'm not sure. I have downloaded 4 games, and only one of them are shwoing up in my games. Death Worm is the only one with the encryption file. Need an answer.

Also, I think I submitted a game beta stages about 5 days ago (Zombie Onslaught), but I'm not sure if it got sent because the first time I clicked send it didn't anything...then I clicked again and it did. Just wonderin...

-MegaNoob

#37 necrotic

necrotic

GMC Member

• 238 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:29 PM

Ill look into your for you....

What games did you download? Ill see if it does it on my computer.....

It shouldn't, I have more than 5 games on my copy..... and my copy isn't the latest version yet.....

#38 X3no

X3no

GMC Member

• 288 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 05:02 PM

My next version will fix some bugs layout wise. It will also check the connection to our server at startup to prevent errors if it cant connect. The next version will also be compatible with my new version of the skin builder that i am working on.

#39 necrotic

necrotic

GMC Member

• 238 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:08 AM

X3no will soon be releasing version 1.02.

If you would like to help with the project by contributing games, please register at our forums! Its kinda empty!

#40 Alpha59

Alpha59

GMC Member

• 61 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:54 AM

I think you should create a whole new category, 3D games.
There are people on this forum that really like 3D games.
I bet alot more people would download X3no if it had some nice 3D stuff.

#41 necrotic

necrotic

GMC Member

• 238 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:35 PM

We don't make most of the games :)

A 3D section would only be made if we get some games submitted that ARE 3D.

Noone likes an empty section.

#42 X3no

X3no

GMC Member

• 288 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:59 PM

I released v1.02 and the new skin builder. I also included a skin pack with a few skins and screen shots of the skins to show how they are built. The new skinning system is very easy to use to create skins. All you have to do is draw the skin inside the guidelines of the image included with the skin builder. You can get a template by selecting the get template button in the skin builder. Then draw your skin within the lines of the template. Any skins can be posted in a reply to this topic.

Skin builder - http://x3nopro.com/a...kin Creator.zip
Skin Pack - http://x3nopro.com/a.../X3no Skins.zip
v1.02 - http://x3nopro.com/a...x3no_arcade.zip

Attention!!!
- I did repair the comments on the server. Before you could post comments but the comment boxes had a 404 error in them. This was due to some mistakes with html codes. I have fixed it and all comments that were posted are now shown.

Please do not do stupid things like post as Mark Overmars or use profanity in comments.

P.S. I am also looking for someone who is good with web design to help me redesign the embedded web pages in the arcade. If you would be interested, pm me.

-Thank you.

Edited by X3no, 14 June 2007 - 05:30 PM.

#43 RemakeME

RemakeME

GMC Member

• 256 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 07:09 PM

This is pretty sweet, awesome idea! Keep it up!

#44 necrotic

necrotic

GMC Member

• 238 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 07:13 PM

Thanks!

We are still working on it, but its almost done!

#45 X3no

X3no

GMC Member

• 288 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:11 PM

Thanks!

We are still working on it, but its almost done!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Technically it is done but we will still ad features as we go on that is why I added the auto-update feature. Just like most major programs there will be new versions coming out whenever we find a new feature we want to add.

We are open to suggestions of new features to add.

Edited by X3no, 15 June 2007 - 05:11 PM.

#46 3D2DGAMES

3D2DGAMES

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 864 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:48 PM

awesome program!

gfx:10/10
selection of games:6/10
time program cuts on finding a good game online:10/10
overall: 10/10

My Twitter: @Salvakiya

#47 X3no

X3no

GMC Member

• 288 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 10:03 PM

awesome program!

gfx:10/10
selection of games:6/10
time program cuts on finding a good game online:10/10
overall: 10/10

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks.
And about the selection of games, I am working on adding about 5 or 6 new games later today so the selection will be bigger. I have had some games waiting to be processed for a few days just haven't got around to them so I'll try to process them today.

P.S. Anybody made any skins yet?
And remember to support this program by putting the banner from the first post in your signature.

Edited by X3no, 16 June 2007 - 10:04 PM.

#48 cococrispy

cococrispy

GMC Member

• 249 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 04:02 AM

this is AWESOME!
But, then, after my second time loading it, an error happened to the game.

for object Main_UI_ctrl:

Error defining an external function.
I hope it gets fixed...

Very good work, but i cant play with your program with any kind of error stopping me.

Edited by cococrispy, 17 June 2007 - 04:03 AM.

formerly "bradjr" and now changed to cococrispy.

#49 necrotic

necrotic

GMC Member

• 238 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:16 PM

If you get an error defining an external function, you don't have all the dll files with the program.

Make sure you didn't move or delete any of them.

#50 cococrispy

cococrispy

GMC Member

• 249 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 05:20 PM

hmmm i tried dloading this again, but didnt work... ^
formerly "bradjr" and now changed to cococrispy.