Mspaint Arguments

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Severene42

Severene42

Random Chaos Hound

• 175 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 03:13 PM

I searched around for arguments to use in MSPAINT when opening it from batch etc but most searches on MSPAINT return too much crap with not enough useful content. I searched on here and found someone using the /p switch but Im not sure what that did exactly. Something about a harcopy when I did a further search of that but not much else.

Im using execute_program to open MSPAINT with the file I want to edit but want it to automatcally zoom in X8 when opening the file.
execute_program("MSPAINT.EXE","gun"+string(global.gunpic)+".bmp",0)
Question:
What arguements can I use with MSPAINT inside Gamemaker other than the filename?

#2 molloyboy08

molloyboy08

pyr0t3chnic

• 473 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:08 PM

/p switch is for print, it will print the following argument assuming its a bmp file
edit: forgot to say i dont know any others

Edited by molloyboy08, 27 May 2007 - 06:14 PM.

#3 torigara

torigara

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 6507 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:59 AM

It is said that MSPaint takes command line switches /p, /pt and /wai (although no one has an idea what the latter two are for.) To my knowledge, when MSPaint is launched with /p switch, it prints the specified file out of the printer and then exits without showing the window. You can right-click a bitmap file on the explorer and choose "Print", with this function.

Anyway, MSPaint translates the command line on its own, and GM has no control over it. So, you should consult other places for it, e.g. MSDN, rather than GMC.

Im using execute_program to open MSPAINT with the file I want to edit but want it to automatcally zoom in X8 when opening the file.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As far as I see, there is no description about the command line switch in the help file of MSPaint. So, it basically isn't meant to provide flexible control for users with the command line, except a few ways to launch it from the explorer. So, I highly doubt that MSPaint provides such a function via command line switches.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users