39 Dll Extension

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 the_doominator

the_doominator

Eight Star

• 925 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 03:04 PM

This like the one e_barroga has made is an extension of the very popular 39 DLL. Mine has all of the DLL functions with the DLL built in. If you find any errors in it please PM me.

Download
http://www.box.net/shared/f7jlaf2o83

#2 e_barroga

e_barroga

ES Studios Leader

• GMC Member
  • 2475 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 05:34 PM

Great work. Finally got an extension for 39 dll.

Definitely will be using it.

dllinit() isn't a known function.

-E. Barroga

Edited by e_barroga, 26 May 2007 - 05:37 PM.

rsa_gmc_sig.png

logoGIF1.gif EXTENSION. PM TO PURCHASE LICENSE.

#3 the_doominator

the_doominator

Eight Star

• 925 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 08:02 PM

it doesnt need to be initiated. nor does it need to be cleared. Anyway thanks. I hope people appreciate this. it took me like 4 hours to make it anyway (again) if you still need to know how to put DLL functions in a gex PM me and I'll help you.

Edited by the_doominator, 26 May 2007 - 08:03 PM.

#4 bobhoil

bobhoil

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1606 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:55 AM

This is cool now i won't have to include the dll in my game. I will use this to make my own online engine that i have been wanting to do.

Thanks Bob Hoil

300x50.png 

Check out my website at: BobHoil.com

#5 X-tra Fear

X-tra Fear

Behemoth Creator

• GMC Member
  • 430 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:02 PM

ummm, its pretty good, but people thinking its not included in there game... it's saved in the temporary folder. All extensions are saved in the temporary folder and then in the folder u specified for the extension. You can easily put 39DLL in the temporary folder (the include function thing) and load it from there with GM6. The only good thing...

THIS EXTENSION DOES IT FOR YOU! :)

#6 Marchal_Mig12

Marchal_Mig12

The Rhouan

• GMC Member
  • 1182 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:09 PM

Wich version of that DLL is that using. clearbuffer() doesn't work though. Good work, good way to spend time here, lol.

See ya,
Miguel

#7 the_doominator

the_doominator

Eight Star

• 925 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:01 PM

Wich version of that DLL is that using. clearbuffer() doesn't work though. Good work, good way to spend time here, lol.

See ya,
Miguel

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

as far as I know its the newest one... I'm not sure why clearbuffer() isnt working. I'll look at it.

#8 BW3

BW3

not a kid anymore

• GMC Member
  • 577 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 12:07 PM

Now that there is an extension for the 39dll, why don't you make a lib? Very good extension, I have been trying to make online games for awhile.

#9 the_doominator

the_doominator

Eight Star

• 925 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:24 PM

ummm, its pretty good, but people thinking its not included in there game... it's saved in the temporary folder. All extensions are saved in the temporary folder and then in the folder u specified for the extension. You can easily put 39DLL in the temporary folder (the include function thing) and load it from there with GM6. The only good thing...

THIS EXTENSION DOES IT FOR YOU! ::lmao::

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I know that..... maybe I should word it differently...

Anyway a lib would be good but since this has so many functions I could only put a few in the lib.

#10 The Pizza Boy

The Pizza Boy

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:39 PM

clearbuffer() doesn't work for me either, says not enough arguments. I think you forgot to make its only argument optional.

#11 the_doominator

the_doominator

Eight Star

• 925 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:02 AM

idk. I'm pretty sure if you just want to clear the default buffer to use 0. Make sure to put a 0 in it cuz scripts automatically adds a 0 in if there isnt an argument but functions dont do that.

Edited by the_doominator, 07 June 2007 - 02:02 AM.

#12 Brontoman

Brontoman

GMC Member

• 473 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:43 AM

Okay how would I use this? Im a noob to stuff like this. Can somebody tell me the steps to use this thing? I have registered GM7... and WinRAR, if that could help me get this thing going. WAIT! DONT SAY I! Lol I found da guide...

1.)  First, download an extension.  It should be a .gex file (or one included in a archive format like zip).  If archived, other files might be present as well, but the .gex file is what you want.

2.)  If archived, unzip to a temp location such as your desktop.  It doesn't really matter where, since you can remove/delete it after it's installed.

3.)  Pop open Game Maker 7.x and double click where it says 'Extension Packages' in the tree view on to the left.

4.)  This should bring up a dialog displaying various installed extensions.  For now, click the button on the lower right that says 'install'.

5.)  Another dialog appears, this time showing the various extensions you can uninstall.  To install a new extension, click on the button at the top which says 'install'.

6.)  Now you are given a typical 'open file' dialog.  Go to the temp location where you  placed the .gex file earlier.  Then select open.

7.)  You should now see it listed on the left with the other 'currently installed' extensions.

sorry about that....well, I have it installed on my blank game file, so...what now? This is just a hunch, but, do I also need that 39dll thing too?

Edited by Brontoman, 07 June 2007 - 03:55 AM.

#13 the_doominator

the_doominator

Eight Star

• 925 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:01 PM

no you dont need the dll. After you install it click the extensions button and then on th 39DLL Extension. Then click the left arrow to start using it.

#14 Konochi

Konochi

GMC Member

• 629 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:49 PM

is this also for gm6?

#15 the_doominator

the_doominator

Eight Star

• 925 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 02:03 AM

Extensions don't work for gm6. They are a new feature in GM7.

#16 Konochi

Konochi

GMC Member

• 629 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 02:35 AM

oh......that's sad........
I'll just walk to the corner of this room and cry myself to sleep then....

#17 the_doominator

the_doominator

Eight Star

• 925 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 03:20 PM

oh......that's sad........
I'll just walk to the corner of this room and cry myself to sleep then....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can still use the dll......

#18 Bill23

Bill23

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 460 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 06:11 PM

This looks really good, but can you please add a help file?
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 the_doominator

the_doominator

Eight Star

• 925 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:48 PM

This looks really good, but can you please add a help file?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't really want too. Ask 39ster if you need help with it...

#20 Alexander_Q

Alexander_Q

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 739 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 01:19 AM

So........ Does the extension still require the DLL scripts to be imported? Because with them, I get an error the first time it tries to do anything 39.dll related (like TCPlisten - doesn't know the variables in the DLL script) and without them, I get a compilation error with sendmessage (wrong number of arguments).

What's the story?
Working On
-GM7 online game infrastructure using 39dll V2.5 (39ster) and GMBINFile (icuurd12b42)
-SOME Project, a Secret of Mana-themed MMORPG
-Cards!, an interactive card deck
-RandomZombie, an Android shooter

"You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan, designed and directed by his red right hand"

#21 the_doominator

the_doominator

Eight Star

• 925 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 03:36 PM

No. Just use it like a normal extension.

#22 -Jonathan-

-Jonathan-

GMC Member

• 27 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:53 AM

OMG! LOL!

I've been making my MMO game with mplay for a while now.... tonight someone ran into the router problem, so I looked into other options... like 39dll.

doominator, I used your extension (mind you, I have no previous experience with DLLs before)... and so far everything is going great!

I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW FAST SOCKETS ARE COMPARED TO DIRECTPLAY!

My god this is amazing! :)

Quick question doom.... do I need to manually close any connections in something like the Game End event? Or does this extension handle that?

Edit:

Another question: The link on the first post is using the latest version of 39dll, correct?

Edit again:

Like everyone else in this thread has been saying... like every 39dll function is missing arguments when it shouldn't be. I'm doing exactly what it says in the tutorial, yet your extension is looking for more arguments than necessary.

Do I just put 0 for all the excess arguments? If so, that's kinda annoying, but I guess it'll do.

Edited by -Jonathan-, 08 February 2008 - 03:12 AM.

#23 the_doominator

the_doominator

Eight Star

• 925 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:34 PM

Ok, first question: I'm pretty sure it does it itself. Someone can correct me if i am wrong, though. Second question: It was when i made it. Third question: yes. Extensions handle things oddly so yes. Just put 0 in for every excess argument.

Cheers

Edited by the_doominator, 10 February 2008 - 11:35 PM.

#24 kubaszewczyk11

kubaszewczyk11

GMC Member

• 100 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:02 AM

Is this import files and socket functions?
If no, please use dllinit(0,1,1)
"1" can be "true" too

#25 death-droid

death-droid

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2600 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 12:35 PM

There arent any excess arguments there arguments that the 39dll scripts usually handle but since there now in a gex it needs it to be enterd.

Oh yeah its the buffer id

Posted Image

#26 Martyr

Martyr

GMC Member

• 54 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:19 AM

Just wondering, but since 39dll no longer handles what we may call the "excess arguments", must we enter in the detail for each argument, or would the simple 0 suffice? I'm asking because -Jonathan- says he/she put 0, yet death-droid said "39dll scripts usually handle but since there now in a gex it needs it to be enterd.".

Also, must I create a buffer id via b=buffercreate(); and use the id each time I'm asked for a buffer, or simply use 0 again when asked for a buffer here?

#27 borissman

borissman

GMC Member

• 12 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:22 PM

how do i know the functions that are in your gex?

#28 iPodClassic

iPodClassic

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 277 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 02:43 AM

Do you need dllfree for this? Since it isn't in it.

#29 Southman

Southman

I simply am not here

• GMC Member
  • 1662 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 02:45 AM

Do you need dllfree for this? Since it isn't in it.

no

#30 mrsmes

mrsmes

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1506 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:04 AM

well if this didn't have a broken link and i known whether or not it worked with game maker 8.1 standard i might consider using it in my mmorpg saphire story.

Assuming I helped you out in a questions and answers topic won't you return the favour by helping me with one my coding problems, or recommend some one who can chat to me over pms about helping and how to overcome my obstacles, after all lets just say I did help you or them or many people with similar problems, in that topic.

Here i have a topic for those of you struggling with type writer text and mugshots in your games especially if it is a rpg see the link below for more info

http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=619103

almost no code needed, only uses two events.

click here for the l8est version of feed the alien pizza, it has some major polished up features.

#31 Primoz128

Primoz128

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 323 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:51 PM

Is this newest version or no ?

Looking for a coding partner for my space RTS solar conquest project. More information: http://gmc.yoyogames...opic=563123&hl=

#32 klek

klek

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:50 AM

The link is dead, can some1 reupload it? :/

MentorBanner1.png

Im open to help you in what i can.

#33 Primoz128

Primoz128

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 323 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:22 PM

PLEASE, fix the cursed link, i used to have this on my pc or i still might, but reupload for the sake of others and maybe me if i don't have...

Looking for a coding partner for my space RTS solar conquest project. More information: http://gmc.yoyogames...opic=563123&hl=

#34 Sasino97

Sasino97

GMC Member

• 35 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

The link is Broken.. Please can someone reupload ???

#35 slayer 64

slayer 64

Slayer of gingers

• GMC Member
  • 4301 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

trust me, you don't want this extension. some functions don't work. i'm here to post that dll39_socket_close doesn't close tpc listening sockets or udp sockets. it does close sockets made with dll39_tcp_connect though.

5y5rs3d.pngfg0UQNL.png

#36 srinath49

srinath49

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

trust me, you don't want this extension. some functions don't work. i'm here to post that dll39_socket_close doesn't close tpc listening sockets or udp sockets. it does close sockets made with dll39_tcp_connect though.

Link says file Removed :ohmy:

#37 SPARKY07

SPARKY07

GMC Member

• 11 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:01 AM

Link's dead! :verymad:

#38 twsi.serverhost

twsi.serverhost

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:53 PM

Broken link does anyone have this gex or is the link gonna be dead forever cuz i wanna use it.

#39 Black Doomer

Black Doomer

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 105 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

I have. It's my fixed version of this, with help in a separate file, some auxiliary constants (started from dll39_ ) and fixed dll39_buffer_decrypt() function.

https://www.mediafir...q4pncm7pm7jkekp (71.95 KB, *.zip)

But it's strongly recommended to use more relevant and modern networking extensions, such as HTTP DLL 2 or FaucetNET.

Edited by Black Doomer, 25 March 2014 - 03:30 PM.

And sorry for my bad English.

My projects: Doom 2D Multiplayer

My extensions: Codepage Converter | XP Messages | Bit Wizard | Time Library

Other: Download Manager 2 GEX