Photo

3dx 1.5 Ready! Platforms, Shadows, Jumping & More!

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 jack1993jack

jack1993jack

GMC Member

• 231 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 08:02 PM

I have created a drag and drop alternative for 3D programming.
I made it for people who either aren't good at 3D programming, can't be bothered, or can't script.

Downlad V1.5 Here (8.28kb .zip)

V1.4:
Download Here
V1.3:
Download Here
V1.2:
Download Here
V1.1:
Download Here (zip)
V1.0:
Download Here

I haven't finished it, so any support or ideas are gratefully received. Also if there are any bugs, please tell me!

Enjoy!

I'm currently working on 3DX 2.0, which will be completely new and rewritten. It will also be fully optimised for maximum speed and efficiency, and it's so user - friendly, it'll be your new best friend.

Features:
- Individual entities with definable properties and physics!
- Fantastic graphics!
- 3 actions to create a fully functioning game!
...and much, much more!

Watch this space!

This can be used in your game for free, but if it used in a commercial game, please let me know; email jack1993jack@googlemail.com or PM me

Enjoy

- Description -
3DX uses very simple drag and drop actions to create great 3D games, in fact, you can make a complete game in as little as 4 - that's right four actions! For the more advanced users, there are actions such as lighting and importing objects from .obj, .vtx, .c, .asc, .x and .mod formats! It also has effects such as weather and rain, which are very easy to use - you only need to start the effect and select the strength! The actual effect is drawn automatically!
And finally - it has a platforms feature!!!!

DAMN thats good

I think this is friggin awesome!

Screenshots:
These screenshots are of the action library:
Posted Image

- Support 3DX -
If you want to show your support for 3DX, put a link or banner in your signature

Banners -
More banners here

If you find any bugs, please tell me, and I will fix them as soon as possible

Edited by jack1993jack, 28 June 2008 - 08:43 AM.

Testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence

#2 jack1993jack

jack1993jack

GMC Member

• 231 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 08:08 PM

Demo of capabilities:
Download Here
Testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence

#3 tangytom

tangytom

GMC Member

• 80 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 07:57 PM

I must congratulate you on making with extension, it is truly brilliant

#4 jack1993jack

jack1993jack

GMC Member

• 231 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:22 PM

Version 1.2 is here
Changes:
Slide along wall function allows you to slide along a wall if you hit it at a low angle
Lighting functions
Model and .obj import functions

Download here (zip)

#5 Daniel-Dane

Daniel-Dane

GMC Member

• 3581 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:37 PM

Sorry to say this, but could you make it more clear which one is the newest in the FIRST post?

#6 X-tra Fear

X-tra Fear

Behemoth Creator

• GMC Member
  • 430 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 27 May 2007 - 09:05 PM

Although, a VERY nice idea.

Game Maker still sucks with 3D. I like how you have set this up, but i'm just saying that people WILL be limited to how good there games are created with this. Why not try and make your own 3D engine and make a library for it to function? That would be very nice. But, it's just a suggestion.

Strider6282

#7 jack1993jack

jack1993jack

GMC Member

• 231 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 09:13 PM

Why not try and make your own 3D engine and make a library for it to function?

Nice idea... i'm not that good at that kind of things, but I'll give it a go...
Thanks.

#8 jack1993jack

jack1993jack

GMC Member

• 231 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 09:57 PM

I'm thinking of putting a shadow engine into V1.3...
What do you guys think?

#9 jack1993jack

jack1993jack

GMC Member

• 231 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:16 AM

V1.3 draws primitive shadows when you use the 'Set Sun' function behind walls and blocks
Download Here (zip)
Screenshots of what it can do:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by jack1993jack, 28 May 2007 - 11:55 AM.

#10 alucart13

alucart13

GMC Member

• 63 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:48 PM

not bad bro! :)

#11 edh649

edh649

GMC Member

• 59 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:19 AM

this is much better than most extensions

:) !!!this is because most of the other ones dont have any action buttons at all!!! :P

!!! :GM130: apart from that this extension is really good anyway :GM130: !!!

#12 X-tra Fear

X-tra Fear

Behemoth Creator

• GMC Member
  • 430 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:55 PM

this is much better than most extensions

:) !!!this is because most of the other ones dont have any action buttons at all!!! :P

!!! :GM130: apart from that this extension is really good anyway :GM130: !!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so...? Some extensions are more advanced... so just be quite about the Action buttons! BTW, noob (u litterally are because ur new) if u have such a problem with coding, how do u think the "Action Buttons" (D&D) are made? We have to code them. If you wan't to spend the rest of ur GM life in the D&D stage, be a bad game developer... u cant make Fred quality games in D&D. Now, I bet you WILL move to coding after awhile... all of us do, even i thought i wouldnt, but now, i am... so quit whining! Coding is the life of games, if you dont like it... just remember that the D&D your using has coding!

Edited by X-tra Fear, 30 May 2007 - 07:26 PM.

#13 bluemagica

bluemagica

Grand Wizard

• 3243 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 08:58 AM

X-tra dont shout on people like that, remember you were a novice once also.......I can take you on coding anytime.....but i still sometimes use d&d. why? because its a way to bypass writing codes.......if you want to be a great programmer without action buttons, then leave gm.....cause it to is a shortcut....here we can make a game in say 40 lines of code but in actual softwares like c++ it will be beyond 400.

Also jack, thx for this beautiful work........this is great. But in certain functions like collision and all, one cant make much modifications......make it more extendable. Also if you can put in a portal system, that one i wnated to see for a long time.

#14 jobro

jobro

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1300 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:35 AM

I just have to congratulate you for a splendid D&D 3D system. But there are just a few things I'd love to see: Clearer icons. Dark green on black isn't quite readable.

Draw camera: Make it relative to an object. That way you can use the camera in the player's step engine to locate the player. and follow the player around.

Marketplace.png

#15 Veron, Inc.

Veron, Inc.

GMC Member

• 38 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:39 AM

but in actual softwares like c++ it will be beyond 400.

Hmm, make that over 10000! :)

#16 Uzaki

Uzaki

GMC Member

• 409 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 03:06 PM

X-tra dont shout on people like that, remember you were a novice once also.......I can take you on coding anytime

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, Ithink that X-tra Fear has reason to "shout" at him, he's been going to many topics saying that, and he still hasn't learned his lesson...

Btw, this seems great, too bad GM's 3D functions are too mediocre.

#17 geel9

geel9

GMC Member

• 471 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:51 PM

I'm sure we all agree that X-tra Fear is a jerk.

and VERY nice 3D engine!

#18 X-tra Fear

X-tra Fear

Behemoth Creator

• GMC Member
  • 430 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:27 AM

I'm sure we all agree that X-tra Fear is a jerk.

o ya, all of us do dont we... omg, r u blind! a guy just said he thinks that i deserve to "shout" at him... and that guy seems pretty cool to.

I can take you on coding anytime

Bring it on then! i can take u to!

ok, i was shouting at Ed... but, nice extension man... wtf, Ed has been an *** in my topic, the rules, everyone elses topics, and hes getting on my nerves...I have a reason to shout at that little... nvm, i cant say it, but maybe he should stop going on about that... maybe u all should now the whole story before u go off on me like that.

I wasnt directing anything to the maker of this extension, im just saying that that guy is getting on my nerves. Now, sorry dude if u thought i was directing that at you... but, i wasn't so get over it. Im not fussing at D&D because it is helpful, but basically, that guy thinks extensions *require* D&D librarys and hes even taken it to the mods one time... he needs to learn to shutup before someone smacks him upside the head... and i hope it feels like crap when it happens. Im just warning him before he does get good.

BTW, look at like the 16th or so page in my topic... he left me a nice little post that actually got ppl not to download Ultima 3D Reloaded, because he *thinks* and doesnt *know*... now, ppl dont listen to him, and on GMC karma, he has a pretty low...

and he's 10 years old BTW

Anyway, nice extension, u need to try to add lensflare or something... that would be awesome :P

Edited by X-tra Fear, 04 June 2007 - 04:39 AM.

#19 darthhawk

darthhawk

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:48 AM

This does not work on Vista 32-bit, and probably won't work on Vista -64 bit also. Game Maker keeps telling me there is an error when trying to install it. Need to upgrade it. :P

#20 darthhawk

darthhawk

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:32 AM

This does not work on Vista 32-bit, and probably won't work on Vista -64 bit also. Game Maker keeps telling me there is an error when trying to install it. Need to upgrade it.  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well now I got it to load, finally! The help file is definitely not compatible with Vista at all. Whenever I try to load the help file a window pops up and says that Vista no longer supports that format and gives me a link to click on that talks about how people who are making help files need to get a 3rd party software to convert to a Vista acceptable format. Not to be mean, but until you do that this is totally worthless to those using any version of Vista. Unless you want to redo the help file on a web page that people can go to and print out.

I figured this would be straight forward anyway. But I do common sense with the libs and nothing works. It keeps saying in error messages that 'textures' variable doesn't exist. It gives a long list of arguments that go out of the debug window and then basically says "What the crap do you want me to do?" Does anyone else using this have Vista? When if finally

#21 jack1993jack

jack1993jack

GMC Member

• 231 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:57 PM

Sorry, I've been on holiday, so i couldn't check this topic

I figured this would be straight forward anyway. But I do common sense with the libs and nothing works. It keeps saying in error messages that 'textures' variable doesn't exist. It gives a long list of arguments that go out of the debug window and then basically says "What the crap do you want me to do?" Does anyone else using this have Vista? When if finally

You need to set the texture before drawing certain things, eg. blocks. This is because you can only have six arguments in D&D, and Those are needed for th position of the object

And thanks everybody for the comments

EDIT: You can download the web help file here

Edited by jack1993jack, 05 June 2007 - 04:29 PM.

#22 darthhawk

darthhawk

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:23 AM

[/QUOTE]You need to set the texture before drawing certain things, eg. blocks. This is because you can only have six arguments in D&D, and Those are needed for th position of the object

I did set the textures. I thought that was implied in my post. I said I thought it was straight forward. I'm not new to game development. I've actually worked with real 3d engines that are used to make commercial games. I'm using gm7 because I want to create something simple at the moment. I don't mean to be rude, if I am I apologize. I am also by far not the best programmer in the world, so I'm not trying to brag.
:huh:

Edited by darthhawk, 06 June 2007 - 08:24 AM.

#23 Mossy_Rock_Returns

Mossy_Rock_Returns

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 06:20 AM

Not sure what all the bland praise is about. I think this is friggin awesome. Dunno if I'll use it, but impressive stuff from a coding and execution standpoint.

#24 jack1993jack

jack1993jack

GMC Member

• 231 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:00 PM

Please can anyone using this re-download V1.3, there are major bug fixes!

#25 Thomaz

Thomaz

GMC Member

• 622 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:57 PM

Good thing, do you want me to polish those icons with some shading? :)

Edited by Thomaz, 18 June 2007 - 04:00 PM.

#26 jack1993jack

jack1993jack

GMC Member

• 231 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:28 PM

Good thing, do you want me to polish those icons with some shading?  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That'd be great thanks!
Download them here (zip)

#27 Thomaz

Thomaz

GMC Member

• 622 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 07:31 PM

Done!

#28 zappy77

zappy77

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1905 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:31 PM

DAMN thats good

#29 tgibbons

tgibbons

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 02:28 AM

I am impressed with this extension and I have created a couple simple examples using it. I am hoping to use it for a game design summer camp in August. But I am having one problem with the extension. For creating a FPS or similar game, I can not see how to draw spite or texture for an enemy object.

In the 3D FPS example for Game Maker, the monsters, plants, and barrels are all drawn using the d3d_draw_wall function

d3d_draw_wall(x-7*global.camsin,y-7*global.camcos,24,
x+7*global.camsin,y+7*global.camcos,0,tex,1,1)

Where global.camsin and global.camcos are calculated every step of the player object:

global.camsin = sin(direction*pi/180);
global.camcos = cos(direction*pi/180);

Is there some action in the 3dx extension that does this calculation automatically? The draw wall action does not do this calculation since you generally do not want walls always perpendicular to the player. Am I missing an action to draw these types of objects? I would prefer to avoid explaining trig functions to my middle school campers in order to do this.

Your help is appreciated!

#30 jack1993jack

jack1993jack

GMC Member

• 231 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:47 PM

If anyone wants to beta test V1.4, please PM me

#31 jack1993jack

jack1993jack

GMC Member

• 231 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 01:23 PM

3DX 1.4 is here people!
I've added effects such as rain (more to come), also jumping and weapons!
(Read the first post to download)

#32 supreme_boss

supreme_boss

GMC Member

• 531 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 10:42 PM

WOW JACK! this is as amazing as my lib gex if not better ::lmao::.
you even have 3D effects! Now thats pretty good for 1 action. Makes things easier, just the way I like it ;).
S.B.L. 3D ultimate V 4.0 report
READY!!!

#33 jack1993jack

jack1993jack

GMC Member

• 231 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 02:09 PM

Thanks!
If anyone wants me to add other effects, post them, and I'll see what I can do

#34 supreme_boss

supreme_boss

GMC Member

• 531 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 02:42 PM

snow.
READY!!!

#35 bobhoil

bobhoil

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1606 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:55 PM

i am trying to use this but i keep getting an error:
ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object test1_obj:

Error in code at line 5:
if (global.effectrain = true)

at position 13: Unknown variable effectrain

300x50.png 

Check out my website at: BobHoil.com

#36 jack1993jack

jack1993jack

GMC Member

• 231 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:17 AM

That's fixed, redownload please

#37 supreme_boss

supreme_boss

GMC Member

• 531 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 03:19 PM

You want an idea, add snow. Make it optional from rain or snow. That would impress alot.
READY!!!

#38 death-droid

death-droid

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2600 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 01:25 AM

This is quite good i have no use for it as i dont really want to use a lib to make a 3d game.

Hut do you know the best way to learn 3d as i have no idea how to

Posted Image

#39 jack1993jack

jack1993jack

GMC Member

• 231 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 02:08 PM

Read tutorials and examples, or join a 3D forum... (I recommend GM3D)

Edited by jack1993jack, 08 September 2007 - 02:52 PM.

#40 jack1993jack

jack1993jack

GMC Member

• 231 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 08:27 AM

3DX V1.5 has just been released (read top post to download)
Features:
  • Fully functioning lighting and shadows
  • Platforms
  • Model importing
  • Effects
  • Mouselook
  • 1 action moving
...and more!

#41 m1att92

m1att92

GMC Member

• 9 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:30 PM

I used:

Start 3D mode;
Set the Fog;
Draw the Camera at x, y;
Draw a Floor from 0,0 to 100,100;
Move using WASD;

And I get:

for object object0:

Error in code at line 5:

Could you please tell me what Im doing wrong?

#42 jack1993jack

jack1993jack

GMC Member

• 231 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:36 PM

Which version are you using? Try re-downloading

#43 The Chaos Element

The Chaos Element

GMC Member

• 8 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 04:36 PM

how do i put this extension in my game?

#44 jack1993jack

jack1993jack

GMC Member

• 231 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 05:54 PM

There's a guide on installing extensions here

#45 Eggie

Eggie

GMC Member

• 20 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 10:39 AM

This is quite, quite wonderful.
If there were a few more options for sprites and sounds you could make a fully fledged game wuith this thing.

#46 jack1993jack

jack1993jack

GMC Member

• 231 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 11:35 AM

Thanks! What sort of options are you suggesting?

#47 Eggie

Eggie

GMC Member

• 20 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:35 PM

Well, an option that could automatically handle that whole Build-enginbe thing where an objects sprite changres depending on what direction it's facing/ the player is seeing it from would be nice.
Not that I'm complaining. I'm pretty sure I've got a system for that almost worked out...

#48 calsmurf2904

calsmurf2904

GMC Member

• 34 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 09:22 PM

for object object0:

Error in code at line 5:

I got this with V1.5
I am using GM7Pro on Windows Vista Home Basic

#49 Burger Meister

Burger Meister

GMC Member

• 90 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 05:29 PM

Why do I get a really crappy looking sky with this.
Posted Image

Specs:
Pentium D 2.66GHZ (Dual-Core)
XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX 256mb
1024mb Ram

My video card clearly kicks but as it can run Half-Life 2 Episode 2 on high graphics while maintaining 50fps. Does gamemaker not support my video card... it's a DX10 card.

#50 jack1993jack

jack1993jack

GMC Member

• 231 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 05:35 PM

That looks really wierd, are you using some strange textures? I've never had that problem before. What's your operating system?