• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#51 HaRRiKiRi

HaRRiKiRi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1364 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 01:49 PM

My antivirus software (CA Etrust and Microsoft Live Onecare) says that the Rprofiler files contains the backdoor/trojan Win32.assasin?

Then uninstall that anti virus and never use one again.

When will this be released?? I REALLY can't wait. It looked so cool in the screen shots... The thing on how I can see how long it takes for every objects is just brilliant. GM debugger would need something like that.

#52 X3no

X3no

GMC Member

• 288 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 07:03 PM

Maybe you should show this to yoyogames maybe they will think of using something like this as a debugger for future versions of Game Maker.

When is this going to be released?

#53 HaRRiKiRi

HaRRiKiRi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1364 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:26 PM

So will this ever be released?? Does this even work or the screen shots are fake? Please share with us.

#54 raist

raist

GMC Member

• 77 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 02:03 PM

So will this ever be released?? Does this even work or the screen shots are fake? Please share with us.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey, i just have new girl. so, girls skills kills programers :wacko:

#55 HaRRiKiRi

HaRRiKiRi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1364 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 02:50 PM

Those she bother you 24/7? ::lmao:: If yes then I could pass some time with her until you release this. And btw, this looks pretty finished from the screens, so why wouldn't you share? :wacko:

#56 Timmeh

Timmeh

GMC Member

• 358 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:08 PM

Any news?
I have started teaching myself C++, and do not use Game Maker regularly any more. You can follow my current project either on my DevBlog or in my topic on the Bay12 forums.

GENERATION 195G: EVERYTIME YOU SEE THIS DIVIDE YOUR MOTHERS MAIDEN BIRTHDAY BY WHAT YOU HAD FOR DINNER LAST NIGHT AND ADD Q. (ANTI-SOCIAL EXPERIMENT)

LINKS: My Script Collection - My Autotile Script - My Random Number Generator - My Process Runner Extension - My Detailed TDS Tutorial

#57 raist

raist

GMC Member

• 77 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:30 AM

This week i will continue on this :GM072:

#58 Timmeh

Timmeh

GMC Member

• 358 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 02:33 PM

YAY! :D

Tim
I have started teaching myself C++, and do not use Game Maker regularly any more. You can follow my current project either on my DevBlog or in my topic on the Bay12 forums.

GENERATION 195G: EVERYTIME YOU SEE THIS DIVIDE YOUR MOTHERS MAIDEN BIRTHDAY BY WHAT YOU HAD FOR DINNER LAST NIGHT AND ADD Q. (ANTI-SOCIAL EXPERIMENT)

LINKS: My Script Collection - My Autotile Script - My Random Number Generator - My Process Runner Extension - My Detailed TDS Tutorial

#59 HaRRiKiRi

HaRRiKiRi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1364 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 07:17 PM

So..... did it die?

#60 raist

raist

GMC Member

• 77 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 09:30 AM

So..... did it die?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

noooo, im just without time for now :)

#61 Timmeh

Timmeh

GMC Member

• 358 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:45 AM

Gotten any chance to work on it?

#62 raist

raist

GMC Member

• 77 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:56 PM

Gotten any chance to work on it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right now, im working on more simple version, called rProfiler Graphs.
It will show some info(see below) directly in your GM game as history graphs.
I hope it will give me some feedback, to know which way of developing will be best for full rProfiler.
And i hope, it will be helpful for yours projects :(

* fps
* video memory usage
* system memory usage
* cpu usage
* sum of all particles
* sum of all active instances
* sum of time for whole draw_event
* history of your own variable

#63 johnie102

johnie102

GMC Member

• 1608 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:37 PM

So are you going to release the simple version first or at the same time with the 'complete' version? Looking forward to it.
Have I helped you? Thank me by playing my game

note that these graphics aren't in game... yet!

GENERATION 22: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

#64 raist

raist

GMC Member

• 77 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 04:02 PM

So are you going to release the simple version first or at the same time with the 'complete' version? Looking forward to it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

first will come the simple version - i need feedback from users (about speed, simplicity of use,... ect.)
Then i will develop and then release complete and finetuned version :(

#65 raist

raist

GMC Member

• 77 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 09:30 PM

Sshot of current "Graphs" version:
Posted Image

#66 NewStrannik

NewStrannik

GMC Member

• 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 09:49 AM

Awesome.

Edited by NewStrannik, 29 November 2008 - 03:38 PM.

#67 HaRRiKiRi

HaRRiKiRi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1364 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:17 AM

* fps
* video memory usage
* system memory usage
* cpu usage
* sum of all particles

This is nice, but the feature I was really looking forwards is how much time is used for each object, like in the DLL versions screenshot. That is the most valuable feature of them all, because then you know what to optimize.

#68 kubaszewczyk11

kubaszewczyk11

GMC Member

• 100 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:25 PM

HOW TO DOWNLOAD NEWEST VERSION!?!?!?!

#69 raist

raist

GMC Member

• 77 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 03:08 PM

* fps
* video memory usage
* system memory usage
* cpu usage
* sum of all particles

This is nice, but the feature I was really looking forwards is how much time is used for each object, like in the DLL versions screenshot. That is the most valuable feature of them all, because then you know what to optimize.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i understand to you, but that's nearly impossible.

it was my fault, when im trying to measure this time in earlier versions... (results on sshots are wrong) ...at that time i haven't know architecture of GM very well, and i think it will be easy. And it isn't.

But stay tuned, im thinking about it, how to do it ^_^

#70 raist

raist

GMC Member

• 77 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 03:11 PM

HOW TO DOWNLOAD NEWEST VERSION!?!?!?!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i hope, today or tommorow ^_^

#71 raist

raist

GMC Member

• 77 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:55 PM

rProfiler Graphs alpha released! :P

Unique way to measure speed of your game, and to have visual debug.

I have tested this alpha version with 6 different games, and it works OK.
But ofcourse, give me feedback if something will be wrong in use with your games.

Screenshots from testing:
Posted Image

It's my first .gex extension, so it could be little bit lame :P
(do anybody know, how to include .dll into .gex ??? )

Download here

And write me here, what you need in next version ;)

#72 johnie102

johnie102

GMC Member

• 1608 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:32 AM

I haven't downloaded it yet, but is it possible to resize and reposition the windows? (in-game or before-hand)

GENERATION 22: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

#73 raist

raist

GMC Member

• 77 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:21 AM

I haven't downloaded it yet, but is it possible to resize and reposition the windows? (in-game or before-hand)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Version alpha 0.2 is released (just watch the download page), and there it is possible :P
Now, you can change X position, SIZE (three types), and ALPHA of all graphs.

#74 johnie102

johnie102

GMC Member

• 1608 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:24 AM

Cool, can this be implemented real-time or coded before hand. Anyway I'm downloading it.

EDIT: downloaded it, tested it. Works great. Just a thing I noticed. I downloaded version 0.2 and in GM it says version 0.1.
Some suggestions: make it so you can choose which things you can show (only fps etc.) and make it possible to place each part of the UI differently.
I've noticed that the CPU load is very hard to get information out, maybe add a 10 second average of the CPU load. And I would really would like to see the time it takes to get past individual objects (hope you can figure out how you can do that again).

Edited by johnie102, 02 March 2008 - 11:34 AM.

#75 raist

raist

GMC Member

• 77 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:48 PM

Cool, can this be implemented real-time or coded before hand. Anyway I'm downloading it.

EDIT: downloaded it, tested it. Works great. Just a thing I noticed. I downloaded version 0.2 and in GM it says version 0.1.
Some suggestions: make it so you can choose which things you can show (only fps etc.) and make it possible to place each part of the UI differently.
I've noticed that the CPU load is very hard to get information out, maybe add a 10 second average of the CPU load. And I would really would like to see the time it takes to get past individual objects (hope you can figure out how you can do that again).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok, thanks man! :P
- enabling/disabling graphs will be in next release
- im using optimised CPU load detect, but i try to look at it

version 0.3 is available for download, now is fixed drawing in games which using views.

sshots from tests:
Posted Image

Edited by raist, 02 March 2008 - 01:49 PM.

#76 Timmeh

Timmeh

GMC Member

• 358 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 12:10 AM

Hey, have you considered using Yourself's High Res Timer, I think it would probably be useful for finding which objects are taking the longest to do things. Heck, you could probably check each individual event.

Just thought I'd give my advise for the full version of rProfiler, rProfiler Graphs is looking great btw.

#77 raist

raist

GMC Member

• 77 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 12:23 AM

Hey, have you considered using Yourself's High Res Timer, I think it would probably be useful for finding which objects are taking the longest to do things.  Heck, you could probably check each individual event.

Just thought I'd give my advise for the full version of rProfiler, rProfiler Graphs is looking great btw.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes, i have my own HR timers (but ofcourse firstly i want to use Yourself's great .dll : )
so this precise measuring will be there :D
and maybe in graphs version too - to use own time measuring value for own graph.

each individual event check: i can add code to any event - but - it can very slows down your game, and it can change the work of game (if i add this code to draw event, where you will not have any draw code, then your sprite will not be drawn :\, and few other things... ) so, im still trying to think about another way, stay tuned :D

#78 Timmeh

Timmeh

GMC Member

• 358 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:38 AM

Ah, okay. Just thought I'd check. I use it a lot to time things.

If I come up with anything else I'll mention it. I figure it can't hurt. Worst that could happen is that you already know, and I wasted maybe 30 seconds writting the post :lol:

Tim

#79 johnie102

johnie102

GMC Member

• 1608 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:16 PM

Is everything going smooth? (bumped for great justice!)

#80 blizter

blizter

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 02:33 AM

I don't want the simple graph version. Where is the old one with nice windows and all, I checked the homepage but you can't download it...

#81 tigmon

tigmon

GMC Member

• 16 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:23 PM

:D This looks like an extremely useful tool but is there any way it could work for Game Maker 5.3a?

#82 raist

raist

GMC Member

• 77 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:32 PM

:D This looks like an extremely useful tool but is there any way it could work for Game Maker 5.3a?

thanks, but no, it is for GM7, and maybe for GM6

#83 raist

raist

GMC Member

• 77 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 09:15 PM

Im working on new version, called: Markers, which will finally count the time in slow parts of your game :P

Here is screenshot with some decription:
Posted Image
(sorry for my bad english)

It is working OK, so i just want to put it to some extension, and release it for free here :D

#84 johnie102

johnie102

GMC Member

• 1608 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:44 PM

Nice to see you still working on this. I hope you finish this project.

#85 Hockeyflyers

Hockeyflyers

Hockeyplayer Games

• 1108 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 09 November 2008 - 01:51 AM

I have been waiting a long time for this, I hope it comes out soon :lol:

#86 César

César

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:19 PM

Very nice utils for Bétatesting !!!!
;)

Great Job!

#87 raist

raist

GMC Member

• 77 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:57 AM

!!rProfiler Markers alpha released!!

Philosophy is:
To meassure how fast/slow is piece of code or bunch of actions, just add marker before and at the end of this segment.
And you will be automaticaly informed in external window about it's speed (more ticks = slower segment).

Posted Image

It's alpha release, so, it isn't very userfriendly and perfect, but it's usable :lol:

Best use with multiple monitors system - game on first monitor and profiler window in second monitor,
because of slowdown "bug" when you have that two windows at same screen. I try to fix that soon.

Download: 560 kB

Edited by raist, 02 December 2008 - 12:26 AM.

#88 raist

raist

GMC Member

• 77 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:27 AM

Alpha version 0.2 released: 560kB
(Fixed few slowndown bugs)

#89 johnie102

johnie102

GMC Member

• 1608 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:58 PM

Wow, this really is awesome! Still far from perfect, but that's why it's still in alpha.
A bug:
If you close the external window while your game is still running your game will crash. If you close the game while the external window is open the external window will freeze and it won't return to the GM editor.
Some suggestions:
Don't save the position and opacity to the registry. Some people don't like it when unknown programs write to the registry. Just save it to some file in the game directory. Alternatively you should include to what keys it writes.
Since the values in the 'Ticks' column change so quickly I suggest adding an option to show the average value over 0.5 seconds or something like that.
The objects in the external window flicker. How are you drawing to the screen? Do you use a double-buffer?

That is all I can think about now. Great work!

#90 phocker

phocker

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 86 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:01 PM

Is this project still under active development? If so, will there be a release that is compatible with GM8?

promo_banner.png

SpockerDotNet LLC Website

#91 raist

raist

GMC Member

• 77 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:33 PM

Is this project still under active development? If so, will there be a release that is compatible with GM8?

no, I'm busy in other projects :)

#92 Universal_X

Universal_X

GMC Member

• 126 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:20 AM

cool stuff! Downloading... :)
ѬѯҨ Cities of the Future

#93 lollola

lollola

GMC Member

• 56 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:07 PM

Please make the graphs tool something else than gex also. Me and some others are still using GM6 ( and have good reasons for that)..

On the other hand I found the markers really useful, it helps to find some naughty slowdowners. For example it motivated me to draw all hud texts only once to surfaces instead of drawing them every frame again and again ---> about 50x faster execution for the text drawing code.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

#94 raist

raist

GMC Member

• 77 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:29 PM

Please make the graphs tool something else than gex also. Me and some others are still using GM6 ( and have good reasons for that)..

On the other hand I found the markers really useful, it helps to find some naughty slowdowners. For example it motivated me to draw all hud texts only once to surfaces instead of drawing them every frame again and again ---> about 50x faster execution for the text drawing code.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Hi, thanks for reaction! Is nice to hear that it is useful!
I have not time, to rework it to GM6, but i think, i can send you sources for graphs, and you can do it :P

#95 Tarik

Tarik

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2731 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:32 AM

I'm loving the markers, very helpful for optimization. I had been graphing fps myself earlier and monitoring memory, but it's not always been straight forward to find the specific cause for changes in the two. With the markers this becomes a lot easier.

One thing I am wondering about: Is it possible for you to also add a column which states the number of times the event is executed? It'd be nice if there was also an additional bar for this that takes both execution time, (which is there already) but combines it with execution frequency.

Because there are some scripts that have pieces that are very slow to execute, but only happen infrequently and do not slow down your game. Whereas other events are quick to execute, but (even outside of the step event) execute very often and slow down your game. Meaning that execution time alone can sometimes be misinterpreted without knowing how often that time is needed.

Anyway, great work, it's very useful and user friendly. Keep it up.

#96 lollola

lollola

GMC Member

• 56 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:34 PM

For those who need a GM6 version here it is: Download graphing46.zip

It's just directly converted from the source raist gave me using LateralGM but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out how to use it.