Falcon Squad is a top down shooter which, when finished, will hopefully include a pretty fulfilling, story-driven campaign mode, a training area, and statistics tracking via Reflect. Right now though, it's only got multiplayer modes, which I am very happy with so far.
...and two more screenshot links, since I can't post more than 3 images!
Though it isn't without it's occasional problems, I'd really like to see what everyone thinks of this at this point... so please check it out, play some people online (you'll need a Reflect Account), and let me know!
· Fully working menu / Reflect login system
· Online multiplayer for up to 16 players, with deathmatch team dm, and capture the flag
· Adjustable settings for the host
· 5 large maps to choose from
· 5 weapons, plus grenades
· Engine is almost 100% complete
· Saves / loads player color information
· Dynamic sound system, with lots of great ambiance and sound effects
Fixes / additions in the most recent version (May 20, 2007):
· Added two new maps (Four Corners, Upper Plaza)
· Added tree transparency when your player is underneath them (sorry campers!)
· Added double clicking a server (now connects you to it)
· Added a version checker, so players will know if they need to update
· Changed client-side motion prediction to be more aggressive
· Changed team indicator in player lists to be a colored bar
· Changed errors to log to file
· Changed team scores to be colored white on the scoreboard
· Fixed (hopefully all) errors with object id's not being found
· Fixed a big bug in the chat system involving # characters
· Fixed chat problem allowing players to type more than the limit
· Fixed the blend mode weirdness when firing the railgun directly into a wall
· Fixed the hole in Bottleneck
· Optimized various draw events, including bullets and player objects
· Optimized particle creation
· Reduced EXE file size to 7.15 Mb
· Various other things I cannot remember!
WASD - Movement for player / spectator camera
Left mouse - Fire, spawn, etc.
Right mouse - Throw Grenade
Middle mouse (click) - Melee attack
Middle mouse (wheel) - Change weapon
Enter - Initiate / send chat message
F4 - Toggle windowed / full screen
Esc - Exit
Made with GM7 - NT / XP/ Vista
Runs at 800x600 windowed, start full screen, no resolution change
Click here to download! (9 Mb)
Note - If you want to host a game, you'll have to make sure your router is set up correctly - this may mean that you have to forward TCP port 27782 to your computer! See http://www.portforward.com for more details on how to do this!
Want to support the game and help people find others to play with? Check out this nifty user bar!
You can use the following code to put it in your sig, nice and easy!
[url=http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=297664] [img]http://64digits.com/users/FredFredrickson/fs_userbar.gif[/img] [/url]
Known Bugs / Problems
· Have seen some oddness with CTF flags sometimes
· Some tiles don't fit together 100% perfect
· Lag can sometimes prevent you from hitting your target (even though to you, it looks like you did)
Edited by FredFredrickson, 20 May 2007 - 09:43 PM.