• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 HaRRiKiRi

HaRRiKiRi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1364 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:14 PM

Hello everyone. Some of you may remember this. It had very little support, so I stopped making the lib. But I have updated the inventory system, and wanted to make an extension. So here it is...... the Inventory Extension.
This is part of my RPG extension pack I am thinking of making. One extension of that pack has already been in this forum for a while and it is the Dialog Extenstion. It doesn't have lots of support either. Anyway, this is my new extension and it can make inventory's like in Diablo, Arcanum, Mu online and lots of other games. This is how it looks in the example that comes with the extension:
Posted Image
Inventory Extension v1.0 (rar)
Inventory Extension v1.1 (zip)
Inventory Extension v1.2 (zip)
Inventory Extension v1.3 (zip)
Host-a-net link for v1.3
:GM130:Inventory Extension v1.31 (zip):GM130:
Host-a link for v1.31
v1.31 Download is 1.5mb, it includes the extension with an example. It also includes a help file that has info on all functions and also tells how to make other things. If you have any problems then look in the help file and if it doesn't help the post here. Also please tell how many items can you make until the FPS drops. I had 290 items on one screen and then the FPS dropped by one. I would want to know other people statistics. Also, please post. I had little support in last 2 projects, so I would really want to know your thoughts about this one.

Version 1.31:
-Fixed a problem with the inv_name_create script and resolution changing. In GM when resolution is changed then all of the surfaces are freed. Thus you need to call this function again every time you change the resolution. See the example and help file for more info.
-Added 2 inv_name functions in the manual (I forgot them for some reason).

Version 1.3:
-Added a possibility to rotate items in the example. To do it press shift while item is picked.
-Added additional arguments for inv_picked_draw(). These allow color blending, direction changing and offset setting.
-Added a function inv_item_change().
-Fixed some bugs in the extension and example.

Version 1.2:
-Added function that I forgot in previous versions:inv_info_remove_line(), that allows removing of any line in the info box.
-And added a SHOP in the example, it show how to make it and how to operate it.
-I have put in the Diablo font.
-Added function to the manual:inv_count_item.
-Also, added a failsafe in example, so you can't put the cube inside the cube. :D

Version 1.1:
Added function that I missed in manual:inv_place_item_in_inv(); And the extension now is in .zip. (Which makes it bigger)

Edited by HaRRiKiRi, 04 January 2008 - 11:41 PM.

#2 Hay44444

Hay44444

GMC Member

• 181 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:22 PM

Looks nice, downloading now

#3 HaRRiKiRi

HaRRiKiRi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1364 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:55 PM

Ok. Did it run?
Also thanks for the comment.

#4 Phlum MKII

Phlum MKII

Captain Slow is on patrol!

• GMC Member
  • 921 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 09 May 2007 - 04:14 PM

Wow. This is nice! Just one thing:

ERROR in
action number 1
of Alarm Event for alarm 0
for object obj_item_on_ground:

Error in code at line 1:
  inv_dropped_create(itemname,width,height,spr2,spr,
type,snd_drop_flip,drop_sound,"global.picked=1","global.picked=0"); //creates the item

at position 20: Unknown variable itemname

Comes up every time I start it up. It runs OK tho'
EDIT: It needs boots and gloves drop, and also leg armour slot and stuff! I may be able to do that ;)

Edited by Phlum, 09 May 2007 - 06:16 PM.

'ey up, y' 'r't?

aye, 'm 'r't pal, y' 'r't?

aye, n't s' bad.

#5 Kyle_Solo

Kyle_Solo

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1071 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:46 PM

It looks nice... too bad it's in a .rar (why don't you just use .zip?)

#6 BusterBot858

BusterBot858

Human Antivirus

• GMC Member
  • 235 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:54 PM

Put it in .zip format and I'll download.

#7 HaRRiKiRi

HaRRiKiRi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1364 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 02:17 PM

Comes up every time I start it up. It runs OK tho'

Hmm. It does not show it to me. It should init the itemname before alarm[0], so I don't see why this would show.

EDIT: It needs boots and gloves drop, and also leg armour slot and stuff! I may be able to do that laugh.gif

Well you can easly make it yourself. The manual is included and there is no real limitation to why you would not be able to do it. If you want you can even make 10 ring slots, and 3 helm slots. ::lmao:: So its pretty easy. Just add another slot info in create even of equipment object and in room editor place that object with the creation code like the other.

It looks nice... too bad it's in a .rar (why don't you just use .zip?)

Why don't you use .rar?? RAR is VERY common archive which has much better compression than .zip. So there is no reason why you would still use zip. Its not like I put it in .DAT format or anything.

Put it in .zip format and I'll download.

The same.

Anyway, here is the 1.1 version in zip. Its 1.1 because I fixed some manual issues, like added a function I missed.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Anyone else??

EDIT: Typo.

Edited by HaRRiKiRi, 12 May 2007 - 03:47 PM.

#8 Phlum MKII

Phlum MKII

• GMC Member
  • 921 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:34 PM

EDIT: It needs boots and gloves drop, and also leg armour slot and stuff! I may be able to do that :D

Well you can easly make it yourself. The manual is included and there is no real limitation to why you would not be able to do it. If you want you can even make 10 ring slots, and 3 helm slots. :lol: So its pretty easy. Just add another slot info in create even of equipment object and in room editor place that object with the creation code like the other.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just need the sprites :wacko:

'ey up, y' 'r't?

aye, n't s' bad.

#9 vinheim3

vinheim3

GMC Member

• 220 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:46 AM

out of curiosity why cant you guys open .rar files with a zip compressor thingy, because my one can open .rar and .zip or is it that you guys can but dont like .rar files?

#10 HaRRiKiRi

HaRRiKiRi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1364 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:08 PM

Just need the sprites happy.gif

Thats the same problem for me. If I had sprites I would make one sweet rpg. I always wanted to make something like Arcanum, but the sprites are the ones holding me back.

out of curiosity why cant you guys open .rar files with a zip compressor thingy, because my one can open .rar and .zip or is it that you guys can but dont like .rar files?

I think that they don't have any software at all. And they use the crappy and slow windows built-in one, which can only open .zip.

Any comments ABOUT the extension??

#11 MindWorX

MindWorX

GMC Member

• 155 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 07:12 PM

Great extensions, i like it alot, seems very usefull. Haven't looked at the functions themself, but would it work with multiplaer too? :huh:

#12 HaRRiKiRi

HaRRiKiRi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1364 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:05 PM

Why not. But you will need to send item info and stuff. Which could be difficult.

#13 Kyle_Solo

Kyle_Solo

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1071 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:33 PM

Very nice! Works well. I found one bug though.
Posted Image
The box just stays there and follows the screen.

#14 HaRRiKiRi

HaRRiKiRi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1364 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:24 PM

Very nice! Works well.

Thank you very much.

The box just stays there and follows the screen.

Its not a bug, its a button. If you press it then it will open the character screen. Have you ever played Diablo2?? It's exactly like that.

Edit: Btw, it will disappear when all of the skill points are used.

Edited by HaRRiKiRi, 17 May 2007 - 09:25 PM.

#15 NEED HELP sorta

NEED HELP sorta

GMC Member

• 1501 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:48 PM

I just put my Haradric inside of my haradric cube and closed it, which cause me to lose my haradric cube.
:(
I've never done that before, but I think it would have an effect similar to putting a bag of holding(or a portable hole) inside of a bag of holding.
Best diablo like inventory example I have seen made with GM though.
It's the same yet it's GM!!!
lol.
It's an extension also, which makes it even better.
http://img159.images...025/scr1ea8.png
http://img374.images...944/scr2hf6.png
Alagaesia Online - Not yet released.

You can bring the release date closer, by helping at the following topics:
Intro Narration
Music Topic

#16 gamer4maker

gamer4maker

~Justin Fleming

• 302 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:56 PM

THIS IS ABSOLUTLY BRILLIANT!!! It's just what i've been looking for (you get mayjor credit). I love the Diablo and Titan quest series, there awsome!!!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

PS:

Its not a bug, its a button. If you press it then it will open the character screen. Have you ever played Diablo2?? It's exactly like that.

Edit: Btw, it will disappear when all of the skill points are used.

This allso happens it Diablo I

Thanks,
~Justin Fleming (Previously RandomGames$$$)

Edited by gamer4maker, 19 May 2007 - 07:58 PM.

Enormous signature (over 300 pixels tall) removed by moderator.

Please read and follow the Signature Rules as a courtesy to others.

#17 HaRRiKiRi

HaRRiKiRi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1364 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:59 PM

I just put my Haradric inside of my haradric cube and closed it, which cause me to lose my haradric cube.
laugh.gif
I've never done that before, but I think it would have an effect similar to putting a bag of holding(or a portable hole) inside of a bag of holding.
Best diablo like inventory example I have seen made with GM though.
It's the same yet it's GM!!!
lol.
It's an extension also, which makes it even better.

Thanks. It's possible to make a fail-safe for it. Like check is picked item is cube and if so then close the cube. Or if cube is picked then don't execute the put in cube action and so on. Thanks for noting that one. :wacko:
gamer4maker: Thank you very much. If you need help with it or anything, then just pm me and I will try to help a much as I can.

#18 toenail

toenail

Mindtrick Forefront

• 851 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:13 PM

Wow!

Simply amazing! Do you remember me? I was a big supporter of the lib and I even made the icons for it hehe.. me and Indecom found it very good and he also helped you :wacko:

Maybe one day we could make a good game with his :wacko:

Anyway, I'm still supporting you and I will be doing so on this project too :huh:

~toenail
Rob Westwood

I am currently working on a 3D toon/cell shading engine in GM!

#19 HaRRiKiRi

HaRRiKiRi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1364 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:50 PM

Thanks for your support.

I made a sweet RPG engine once, it had this inventory, dialogs and a map editor. But I didn't finish because of lack of story, and no sprites. I could think up a cool story, but I NEVER could make sprites. ;) And thats the biggest thing that holds me back.

#20 NEED HELP sorta

NEED HELP sorta

GMC Member

• 1501 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:09 AM

Well there are loads of people who can make sprites, but finding someone willing can be challenging.

Thanks for noting that one.

No problem.

If anything, what do you plan to add next?

Intro Narration
Music Topic

#21 HaRRiKiRi

HaRRiKiRi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1364 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 12:19 PM

Well there are loads of people who can make sprites, but finding someone willing can be challenging.

For the game I was making a wanted sprites at the level of diablo, or atleast Arcanum. There aren't lost of people who could make them that quality, and if there were, then they wouldn't want to put that much time in a game. So......

If anything, what do you plan to add next?

Dunno about this one. I could replicate another inventory just for the example. But I don't know which one to choose. Also, I would want to make a shop and/or way of saving the inventory. The shop can actually be made with the built-in functions. But I will still look into this.

#22 NEED HELP sorta

NEED HELP sorta

GMC Member

• 1501 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:07 AM

Very true.
I'm actually looking for good dialogs and things, that don't pause the game.
I'm working on my MMORPG and I am looking for ideas on how to make message systems like that without an object per box.
I'm using the method where I initialize the stuff in a control object and then I use a function just like message_show("Message") and the control object draws it, but maybe there is something more simple.

Also, I know Diablo has a dialog system just like this.
Would this be plausible for a next version, or later version?

Intro Narration
Music Topic

#23 HaRRiKiRi

HaRRiKiRi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1364 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:04 AM

This is one I made. It will allow making of a dialog like Arcanum (can make Diablo one too I guess). Its very easy to use (one function at create event and one in draw), and it loads .dlg files, which has all of the possibility's you need to make quests.

I have finished Shop and I will release it later as another example, because it uses the same extension and all of the functions that are already in the extension.

#24 HaRRiKiRi

HaRRiKiRi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1364 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 10:08 PM

Sorry for double post, but this is an update so I thought I could post it as a new comment.

I have finished the Shop, but I had to update the extenstion too. So you need the 1.2 version to Shop to work. Shop CAN work without that version, but I used a function I forgot to put in previous versions, and its the inv_info_remove_line, that allows removing a line from info box. I use this for the price tag in the shop, so you need the new version. You can download it HERE. This version includes small changes to the extension and the help file. But the biggest addition is the shop. To open it you will need to click on the NPC. The whole code is commented so you should be able to understand everything.

Edit:Also, I added a failsafe in example, so you can't put the cube inside the cube. :)

Edited by HaRRiKiRi, 24 May 2007 - 10:14 PM.

#25 JamesW

JamesW

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 11:36 PM

Do you still have that RPG engine you made? I know you said that you stopped work on it, and was wondering if you could send it to me so that I could learn from it.
D.A.N.C.E like there's no tomorrow!
Online Gaming Forums - Join Today!

#26 gamer1224

gamer1224

GMC Member

• 641 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 11:39 PM

Very true.
I'm actually looking for good dialogs and things, that don't pause the game.
I'm working on my MMORPG and I am looking for ideas on how to make message systems like that without an object per box.
I'm using the method where I initialize the stuff in a control object and then I use a function just like message_show("Message") and the control object draws it, but maybe there is something more simple.

Also, I know Diablo has a dialog system just like this.
Would this be plausible for a next version, or later version?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Look for my script for a message box.It returns a random ID so you can have tons.

#27 NEED HELP sorta

NEED HELP sorta

GMC Member

• 1501 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:35 AM

This is one I made. It will allow making of a dialog like Arcanum (can make Diablo one too I guess). Its very easy to use (one function at create event and one in draw), and it loads .dlg files, which has all of the possibility's you need to make quests.

I have finished Shop and I will release it later as another example, because it uses the same extension and all of the functions that are already in the extension.

Awesome, it's pretty good.

Edit:Also, I added a failsafe in example, so you can't put the cube inside the cube.

Sweet!

Look for my script for a message box.It returns a random ID so you can have tons.

Sounds pretty good.
I think I'm just going to go with the stuff I already made but these give me good ideas.

Intro Narration
Music Topic

#28 Phlum MKII

Phlum MKII

• GMC Member
  • 921 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:52 PM

NHs, why don't you release a demo of your game? I can't wait to see what it's like!

'ey up, y' 'r't?

aye, n't s' bad.

#29 HaRRiKiRi

HaRRiKiRi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1364 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:09 PM

JamesW: Sorry I didn't reply earlyer. But I thought trough it and figured that I will still develop it further. I will try write some interesting story, as the engine is ready to have game built on. If you want I could show you a video of the editor and the engine in action.... only if I could find some free screen capture program and place to host the video..

Edit: Well I made a small preview, but it weights 45mb. (zipped/rarred) Its 6min and shows some of the functions (and some bugs too ;)). Anyway, I don't know to upload file that size and who would download a 45mb here anyway... :( Then I would better just releasing the engine and the editor....
Edit2: Well now its 15.4. Download it [url="http://<a%20href="http://s2.quicksharing.com/v/8141889/1apophenia_editor_and_engine.zip.html"%20target="_blank">http://s2.quickshari...ne.zip.html</a>"]here[/url] if you want. Nothing special here. Just shows how the engine works and the game. There are some depth issues for the dropdown menus in the editor and some tile placement problems in the game. Screen recored ate a LOT of CPU, thus it will look kind of smooth in the editor (set the recored priority to above normal), but I had to put it down to normal in the engine. Or else the engine has 12 fps. So it will look kind of jumpy in the engine.
Also, I would REALLY need someone who can make high quality ISO sprites. I want to make the best and the highest quality game GM can make. But I need high quality sprites for that. So anyone...? I really don't want to rip everything from Diablo2. ;) I could make a Diablo2 clone just to show GM possibility's (at least, try to make), but I would rather make an interesting and kind of original RPG.

Edited by HaRRiKiRi, 07 June 2007 - 12:55 PM.

#30 Kantah

Kantah

RapidPhyreProducts

• 738 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:48 AM

Yea. the Extension isn't perfect, at a certain spot, your able to mess with your inventory, with the inventory hidden.

#31 HaRRiKiRi

HaRRiKiRi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1364 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:31 AM

Yea. the Extension isn't perfect, at a certain spot, your able to mess with your inventory, with the inventory hidden.

Could you tell me when it happens?? So I can fix it. Thanks.

#32 NEED HELP sorta

NEED HELP sorta

GMC Member

• 1501 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:04 AM

NHs, why don't you release a demo of your game? I can't wait to see what it's like!

Thank you.
I'm afraid that if I release it I wills top progress very quickly.
See I've finally figured out my deadly pattern, so I'm trying to correct it by only releaseing a demo once I consider it almost done.
I can't seem to get this message system thing working and it's killing me, so I've been working on some stress releaving programs.
I have gotten many requests to release a demo though, maybe I will.
Sorry I haven't been back here to answer your question till now.
I need room design mostly, and I have a guy who wanted to help me, but I forgot to give him the program for a looooooooonnnnggg time, and I don't think he'll still be interested, but maybe I should ask him.

By the way, HaRRiKiRi I love the your avatar/banner, it's been a long time since you got that last one. :)
Same for me I suppose.

Edited by NEED HELP sorta, 17 June 2007 - 03:05 AM.

Intro Narration
Music Topic

#33 jobro

jobro

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1300 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 06:56 AM

This is absobloodylutely the best extensions I've seen so far!

Marketplace.png

#34 HaRRiKiRi

HaRRiKiRi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1364 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 08:26 PM

By the way, HaRRiKiRi I love the your avatar/banner, it's been a long time since you got that last one. laugh.gif

Yeah. The last one was like 4 years old, it was my avatar from the day I registered. ;) And now I suddenly (seeing all those sigs) wanted to make my own sig and remake the avatar. So I did. ^_^ I could try to make you one too, if you want. :( Just tell me some things like size/basic look ect.

This is absobloodylutely the best extensions I've seen so far!

Thanbloodyk you.

#35 NEED HELP sorta

NEED HELP sorta

GMC Member

• 1501 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:52 AM

Thanbloodyk you.

XD!

Yeah. The last one was like 4 years old, it was my avatar from the day I registered.  And now I suddenly (seeing all those sigs) wanted to make my own sig and remake the avatar. So I did.  I could try to make you one too, if you want.  Just tell me some things like size/basic look ect.

That's alright, thanks for the offer though!
I'm thinking that once I release AO (or maybe before) I will make an avatar with my character or something.
Maybe if I don't decide to do that though, I'll ask you again, not saying you'll still care to though. :)
Thanks man!

Intro Narration
Music Topic

#36 CHK(2)

CHK(2)

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:50 AM

wow...This is Great
I couldn't find any bugs while playing with it, it was fun.

#37 Potnop

Potnop

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3103 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:04 AM

You should add a thing to make it rotate the items 90 degrees. I always hate how in Diablo 2 or whatever I have the bottom row all free and I can't put my arrows or bolts there because I can't rotate the items...

This could just be an extra option, some people might not want to allow the people playing their game to do this. I'm planning on having an inventory system myself though in a future game and I'm gonna make it so you can rotate the items.
Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his powerlevel?!? It's ovER 9000!!!!!
I ownt read da script, script reads me.

Link To The Super Crew Topic / Link To Colonial Commando Topic
Platform Pathfinding Example Download it here!
Editable Early Version Level Editor(Nice @$$ stuff, check it out) Download it here!

#38 HaRRiKiRi

HaRRiKiRi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1364 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:32 PM

Good idea. I will do that now.

Edit: New version is up (1.3). It includes item rotation. To do it, pick up the item (at hand) and press shift. Then the item will rotate by 90 degrees. While adding this I found some bugs, and I fixed them too. So enjoy. Go to the first post to see complete changes. Link is here. Also, can anyone post their item limit before FPS starts to drop?? I had 290. I would want to know other people statistics.

Edited by HaRRiKiRi, 01 July 2007 - 04:26 PM.

#39 andrewhead666

andrewhead666

GMC Member

• 34 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 02:13 AM

and blizzard approved? lol nice

#40 HaRRiKiRi

HaRRiKiRi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1364 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:30 PM

and blizzard approved? lol nice

Why wouldn't they? :lol: If they try to sue me then I'm not in America. :huh:

#41 Stealth The Ghost of Time

Stealth The Ghost of Time

GMC Member

• 197 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:07 PM

well it might be for use but...

it will probaly get shuned for coping that...

they had a debate about clones of anything...

and the mods won with the law...

dont shoot the messenger is what smarty said...and dont kill me either...

#42 HaRRiKiRi

HaRRiKiRi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1364 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:14 PM

Why do you put ... at the end of every line??? Write normal or it got confusing for a second. And what clones? What mods? Anyway, that replica is just for an example. It's not meant for people to put in his game. Also, blizzard (if they are what are you talking about) don't have a copyright for D&D inventory. So no problem there.

#43 Mala'ika

Mala'ika

GMC Member

• 25 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:58 AM

Is there any chance you could create another example (or a set of examples) that simply show off what you need to use this inventory? There's a lot of stuff in your example that isn't precisely necessary.

Also, is it possible to use more than one inventory in a single game?

#44 HaRRiKiRi

HaRRiKiRi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1364 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:16 PM

Is there any chance you could create another example (or a set of examples) that simply show off what you need to use this inventory? There's a lot of stuff in your example that isn't precisely necessary.

If I have time, then I will.

Also, is it possible to use more than one inventory in a single game?

Sorry but no. Though I have made a basic save and load mechanism for the shop. So it can be used to show other inventory's. But that could get complicated if you don't know how the shop works.

#45 Castle_Productions

Castle_Productions

Go C.P

• 174 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:37 PM

Very very very very veeeeeeeeery godlike good. If i use it, which I probably will, you will be credited big time.

Note to self-You've hardly started your game yet, calm down. You don't need an inventory right now.
Vodka and cheese makes a great meal.

#46 Floz

Floz

GMC Member

• 58 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:25 PM

Nice, but if i save and then close the game and then start it again i get a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of errors. Thats the only problem. But:
This is really the best D&D Inventory made with gm ive seen.
mfg

#47 tunnelrewind

tunnelrewind

GMC Member

• 179 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:17 PM

Very nice extension. Well explained so even I can understand the coding enough to modify it. lol. One small error, which I don't understand:

Posted Image

http://img168.images...53/errorax8.png

It occurs after switching to fullscreen then hovering over an obj_item_on_floor
Also it came up once after I spammed the <Enter> key lots of times, but that dosn't matter as much. If you are still updating this, could you please fix it/tell me how to fix it?

Thx

TR

#48 HaRRiKiRi

HaRRiKiRi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1364 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 05:47 PM

Very nice extension. Well explained so even I can understand the coding enough to modify it. lol. One small error, which I don't understand:

Thanks for pointing that out. Thats is a GM surface limitation. When the resolution is changed then all of the surfaces are freed and destroyed. Thus you need to create them again. I have uploaded a new version where it fixes this problem (Look in the backspace event in view_move object). Also it includes the inv_name functions in the manual. For some reason I wasn't added them.

#49 tunnelrewind

tunnelrewind

GMC Member

• 179 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:19 PM

Thanks for fixing that. Both your extensions are brilliant and really useful. You are getting massive credit in my game.

#50 eloelo520

eloelo520

GMC Member

• 20 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:58 PM

I dont know or i cant download this ! :huh: please upload on other server or something , very nice plx

ANY CAN HOST , UPLOAD THIS OR SEND ON PM OR SOMETHING ? VERYYY PLEASE GUYS !

Edited by eloelo520, 04 January 2008 - 10:24 PM.