Deep Magic. 3000+ Downloads!

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#151 Eater

Eater

GMC Member

• 232 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:51 AM

I haven't finished this yet, but it's a pretty good game so far.

The graphics are good, imo, but then again, my opinion on graphics is apparently invalid because I like LoZ: The Wind Waker's creative art-style and cel-shadedness rather than Twilight Princess' generic graphics. The only thing I think you could work on is the wizard, whatever his name is. :) Something just makes him seem a little unfinished, somehow.

The music is good, too, if not a little simple. But music isn't everything.

And finally, as for the gameplay, I like it a lot. It reminds me very much of Adventure of Link, except with more spells that vary much more than the little you are given in AoL. And I don't always feel overpowered, either, because there always seems to be tougher enemies(and maybe it's just my imagination, but when I try to kill this one enemy, I instantly die). So it feels really balanced, which is a good thing.

I do have a suggestion or two though:

-Make it so you can hold onto what appear to be potions and use them when you please, but can only hold one of each at a time
-Maybe I'm missing something, because I haven't seen/read the "How to play" stuff, but I think being able to save anytime you want to, rather than having to go through one of the levels, would be good
-I'm not sure if this was implemented either, but having elemental spells react differently to elemental enemies would be cool
-Make a bigger overworld, with different entrances to different levels, and more bosses

Overall though, it's a pretty good game, and I'm looking forward to Deep Magic 2. :)

#152 Excalibur333

Excalibur333

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 462 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:56 PM

One more thing... the game crashed quite often while I played through it. Seemingly at random. I would say it crashed at least 10 times before I beat it.

Hmm, this might have been your computer because I don't know of this happening to anybody else.

I haven't finished this yet, but it's a pretty good game so far.

The graphics are good, imo, but then again, my opinion on graphics is apparently invalid because I like LoZ: The Wind Waker's creative art-style and cel-shadedness rather than Twilight Princess' generic graphics. The only thing I think you could work on is the wizard, whatever his name is.  Something just makes him seem a little unfinished, somehow.

The music is good, too, if not a little simple. But music isn't everything.

And finally, as for the gameplay, I like it a lot. It reminds me very much of Adventure of Link, except with more spells that vary much more than the little you are given in AoL. And I don't always feel overpowered, either, because there always seems to be tougher enemies(and maybe it's just my imagination, but when I try to kill this one enemy, I instantly die). So it feels really balanced, which is a good thing.

I do have a suggestion or two though:

-Make it so you can hold onto what appear to be potions and use them when you please, but can only hold one of each at a time
-Maybe I'm missing something, because I haven't seen/read the "How to play" stuff, but I think being able to save anytime you want to, rather than having to go through one of the levels, would be good
-I'm not sure if this was implemented either, but having elemental spells react differently to elemental enemies would be cool
-Make a bigger overworld, with different entrances to different levels, and more bosses

Overall though, it's a pretty good game, and I'm looking forward to Deep Magic 2. 

This is very good feedback. I will try to put all of your ideas in Deep Magic 2, and by the way, I can't wait for it either.

Excalibur

OsRsy9m.png pqe3LGj.png

#153 Manaphy94

Manaphy94

GMC Member

• 142 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 01:05 AM

It's good try to make the magicians sprites bigger
and the spells look to similar,never the less it's good

#154 dillmando

dillmando

GMC Member

• 123 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 12:49 PM

Great game, havent got to far yet but i plan on playing until I beat it.
Thanks for letting me put it on my site

dillmando

#155 Excalibur333

Excalibur333

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 462 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:13 AM

Manaphy94--Thanks for the Feedback. I don't think I will make the mage sprite any bigger but I will try to fix the spells.

dillmando-Your welcome. I hope you enjoy it.

OsRsy9m.png pqe3LGj.png

#156 holystorm

holystorm

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 480 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:20 PM

Very good engine, but how do you change where your character goes when you die?

#157 john_light

john_light

GMC Member

• 25 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:56 AM

broken link.

#158 MrMoxie

MrMoxie

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:11 AM

download link isnt working for me, screenshots look good though

#159 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2272 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:20 AM

Lions and tigers and 4 year old topics with dead links, oh my!

Z8vrE7W.png WRhLqHy.png
"I'm just glad Off-topic isn't being removed. Otherwise I risk actually doing something productive." -RoyTheShort

#160 Desert Dog

Desert Dog

GMC Member

• GMC Elder
  • 6409 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:48 AM

It's here:
http://sandbox.yoyog.../127-deep-magic

I guess the link broke when YYG's revamped their site.

You can view the game creators yoyogames profile here:
http://sandbox.yoyog...rs/Excalibur333

which shows all his games.
HTML5 games for mobile:
HexDogs Bugz Burn! Captain George Golfing Block Memory

Games for Androids
*NEW* Word Dog - Published by Dangerous_Dave

Code: General Array Functions - GM-S friendly. sorting, shuffling. Includes a quicksort.
Use the quicksort to sort ds_lists 10-18 times faster than ds_list_sort()!

#161 spoiliapype

spoiliapype

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:52 PM

How long should "Deep Scan" last? Its been running now for about 36 hours on a 320GB external drive, and does appear to be making progress, albeit very slowly - only 360 additional music files in 12 hours, now at 50,308.

If I were to interrupt it now, would I lose the ability to restore?

#162 Dannerz

Dannerz

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:51 AM

I beat the first 3 levels, now it's getting hard. I like the game.

#163 goldage5

goldage5

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:28 PM

broken link :(

its the download one.

#164 theALCH3MIST

theALCH3MIST

GMC Member

• 92 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:39 AM

A pity they don't redesign the Yoyogames sandbox, stuff like this should get more attention. Thumbs up :)