#1 Excalibur333

Excalibur333

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 462 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:05 PM

**Discription
In Deep Magic you play as a small wizard sent to the underworld to destroy a giant monster that has set a curse on the overworld. There are 20 different spells to help you through the different levels. If you have time, please give feedback on what you thought of the game. This game is Vista Compatible. Thank you.
Excalibur

**Screenshot (normal but cropped)
Posted Image

**Screenshots (Scaled Down)
Screen1
Screen2

**Link
Download

edit: I think I fixed a bug in the game found by bubblybill.

edit2: Fixed a glitch found by Bubblejuice, made the first levels a little bit easyer, and made it take you to the menu when you die instead of starting the game over.
Excalibur

edit3: The escape button now exits the spell menu and when it is pressed in the game the user is asked if he/she wants to quit.
Thank You,
Excalibur

edit 4: If you have an account on yoyogames please rate it. I would love to see it rated more there. Thank you.
Excalibur

edit 5: lol
Here are some codes for your sig if you want to support my game. Just cut and paste the one you want.

Long:
I support
[url=http://www.yoyogames.com/games/show/127][img]http://www.freewebs.com/excaliber333/DMtextbar.png[/img][/url]---The Magical Platform RPG game.
"Unique, Fun, Gameplay ruled," by EvilLightbulb.
"Simple graphics, loads of spells, and addictive," by Aztec.
"Addictive, fun, Easy controls, Great spells," by bubblybill.
[url=http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=294996]GMC topic on Deep Magic[/url]

short:
I support
[url=http://www.yoyogames.com/games/show/127][img]http://www.freewebs.com/excaliber333/DMtextbar.png[/img][/url]---The Magical Platform RPG game.
[url=http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=294996]GMC topic on Deep Magic[/url]

Edited by Excalibur333, 26 July 2007 - 12:52 AM.

OsRsy9m.png pqe3LGj.png

#2 Aztec

Aztec

GMC Member

• 29 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:39 PM

This is a pretty sweet game. Simple graphics, loads of spells, and addictive.

#3 jelleisgoed

jelleisgoed

GMC Member

• 419 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:46 PM

The graphix are very good, nicely done <_<

The gameplay is good but it is a bit too difficult, in the first level i already died. But it was fun :(

8/10

#4 Excalibur333

Excalibur333

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 462 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:57 PM

Thank you. If you hare having lots of problems beating the first level try the "How to play" it might help a little.
Excalibur

OsRsy9m.png pqe3LGj.png

#5 Excalibur333

Excalibur333

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 462 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 03:09 PM

I Just fixed a minor glitch in the game found by bubblybill.
Excalibur

OsRsy9m.png pqe3LGj.png

#6 LRG

LRG

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 687 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 03 May 2007 - 02:05 AM

bug/error report:

for object obj_sun_spell_flames:

Error in code at line 3:
part_emitter_region(ps1,em,x-2,x+2,y-2,y+2,ps_shape_rectangle,ps_distr_linear);

at position 30: Unknown variable em

Edited by bubblejuice, 03 May 2007 - 02:06 AM.

...Coming to you May 1, 2012 or later...
Posted Image

#7 Excalibur333

Excalibur333

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 462 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:26 AM

Wow. when did that happen?
Can you tell me what you were doing when you got that error.
Excalibur

OsRsy9m.png pqe3LGj.png

#8 Excalibur333

Excalibur333

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 462 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:33 AM

I think I fixed that. Thank you for telling me. If you find any new glitches (There shouldn't be anymore) please feel free to tell me
Excalibur

OsRsy9m.png pqe3LGj.png

#9 Tomkin

Tomkin

GMC Member

• 118 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 11:09 AM

Wow. Umm...

Cool idea. But the enemies kill me about 2x as fast as I can kill them... on the first level. So I can't review any more. Heh.

Just a hint, often people underestimate the difficulty of a game, because they have much more experience with it.

However, I really liked the games style a lot. I request difficulty levels in the next version.

Good luck!
- Tomkin

#10 Harry

Harry

GMC Member

• 758 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:10 PM

You should make it so that you dont have to keep restarting the game when you die, is annoying

#11 Zigzag

Zigzag

Strange

• 276 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:31 PM

Great simple game. Simple graphics, simple gameplay, simple sound - I love it. Pure enjoyment. But I would like to go back to the menu when I die instead of the game restarting.

9.5/10

#12 Excalibur333

Excalibur333

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 462 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:51 PM

Thank you I will fix that. Also you can press space to skip the intro.
Excalibur. Tomkin I don't see how the game is so hard are you useing your fisrt spell (because it sucks it is only there if you don't have any mana). I can't do difficulty levels but if you have any ideas on how I could make the first level a little easyer I might try them out.
edit: Read the blue update in the first post I fixed a few things in the game.
Thank you for your feedback.
Excalibur

Edited by Excalibur333, 03 May 2007 - 03:03 PM.

OsRsy9m.png pqe3LGj.png

#13 SpiderKing

SpiderKing

GMC Member

• 49 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:37 PM

I tested it, and was pretty cool... came to lvl 3 or 4 with first spell only.. and than i figured i have more :D (read the how to play badly it seems) However when I finished lvl 4 (and i did it twice) lvl 5 doesnt unlock... other than that game was pretty fun .. I would only decrease hp of thouse things on walls on lvl 4 as killing them was anoying

#14 Excalibur333

Excalibur333

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 462 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:56 PM

The levels unlock accoring to what level your character is. That isn't very clear in the game sorry.
Excalibur

OsRsy9m.png pqe3LGj.png

#15 MegaNoob

MegaNoob

GMC Member

• 395 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:08 PM

Awsome! The style is pretty good. You don't see too many magic platformers, makes this fairly original. The one feature I liked is the amount of spells you have. I use the mind spell, dark spell, and th advanced light spell alot. What level do you have to be to go to the 5th? I loved it, 9/10!

-MegaNoob

Edited by MegaNoob, 03 May 2007 - 09:12 PM.

#16 picc84

picc84

GMC Member

• 438 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:20 PM

Man I love Magic games.... And this sounds Absoultly amazing! I'm downloading now... I'll spend days on this if theres enough levels...

I'll edit with review...

#17 SpiderKing

SpiderKing

GMC Member

• 49 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:30 PM

"what level you have to be to go to the 5th?"" i wanted to ask the same question.. when I finished lvl 4 for first time I was lvl 11 or 12.. did it few times more (now im 14) but its still locked.. reduce xp need for a level as replaying same stage over and over agen not fun

#18 MegaNoob

MegaNoob

GMC Member

• 395 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:36 PM

Acutally I just figured out.

You need to be level 15 in order to enter level 15.

Also, holy crap the last bos is hard...

#19 Excalibur333

Excalibur333

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 462 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 10:09 PM

Thank you all for the good comments. If you really like it please rate it on yoyogames for me because not very many people have rated it. Thank you. I am also considering making a Deep Magic 2 or somthing like that. Thank you. The reason there aren't very many levels is because I made this game for a contest and I didn't have time to make more. If I make a second version there will be more levels.
Excalibur

Edited by Excalibur333, 03 May 2007 - 10:12 PM.

OsRsy9m.png pqe3LGj.png

#20 picc84

picc84

GMC Member

• 438 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 01:25 AM

Uh! Help! I'm stuck, first level, i cant jump high enough to get ontop of the block? nor to hit the button? i dont get it? lol

#21 Tomkin

Tomkin

GMC Member

• 118 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 02:38 AM

Adding difficulty levels is easy. Just say (for example, in the create event pf an enemy, or wherever its stats are set up)

HP = 10 + global.diff * 5
Mana = 7 + global.diff * 3
Attack = 3 + global.diff * 2
Defense = 4 + global.diff * 2

And so the lower the global.diff variable, the lower its stats and therefore the easier it is to defeat.

Oh yeah, and I suck at platformers, so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Good luck!
- Tomkin

#22 Hay44444

Hay44444

GMC Member

• 181 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 02:44 AM

Wow

9/10

GREAT game!!!
I enjoyed this a lot

#23 Aztec

Aztec

GMC Member

• 29 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 02:59 AM

Well I'm more than half way through, and Level 11 (had to take Exams and Work and stuff). One little problem I had was that the Esc button exits the game. It kind of gets annoying when I'm looking at spells then try to exit the screen with Esc button, only to exit the game and lose my progress. I think it would do the game good to make the Esc button either bring you back to the game or bring you to a screen that says "Return to Title Screen?" or "Are you sure you want to Quit?". Other than that, I'm still working my way through the game and gaining all sorts of neat little spells. :D

Edited by Aztec, 04 May 2007 - 03:01 AM.

#24 Excalibur333

Excalibur333

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 462 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 03:13 PM

picc84:
If you get stuck try the How to Play. And if you are trying to get where I think you are trying to get to, you can't do that yet. You have to have a certain spell.
Aztec:
I will make it so that the exit button closes the spell menu but doesn't ext the game (Maybe I should have put this in the WIP form first. I thought I had it finished lol).
Tomkin:
I will Think about adding a difficulty level. You are right it is easy and it would add some replay value to the game. Let me think about it for a while and I will see what I can do.
Hay44444: Thank you.
Excalibur

OsRsy9m.png pqe3LGj.png

#25 talha

talha

GMC Member

• 125 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 08:42 AM

wow, nice game. the magics are cool. but the magics eats too much mana i think. im level 12 but i still use the forth magic. particles and so graphics are nice. music is good but annoying after a while. you did a good job :GM6: 7.5/10

#26 fuse

fuse

GMC Member

• 254 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 04:49 PM

I don't know why people were complaining about the diffuculty in the first page, the game was pretty easy of what I played of it. I got to the ice room, but unfortuneatly I have to go now. I will play more of it later. Good game so far.

#27 picc84

picc84

GMC Member

• 438 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:38 AM

EDIT: Ohhhh thats like your home... never mind, were all good! i dident bother to try the sphere when i first started.... Wow! This game is awesome!

Edited by picc84, 06 May 2007 - 02:47 AM.

#28 atlas310

atlas310

GMC Member

• 98 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:02 AM

Sweet game!

Posted Image

Perfect score!!!

#29 Blarg

Blarg

GMC Member

• 21 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:48 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try the Bomb or Rebound spell; They do a ton of damage for low MP. Alternately, you could try the Sun spell, I haven't tried that against him, but it did well on level 4, as did the Flame spell.
Also, once you get to level 20 and recieve the Portal spell, he's a total pushover. Too bad you can't fight him again without starting the whole game over...
Anyways, great game, I just wish there were more uses for the seed spell, as well as more levels. The last few felt disappointing, and there wasn't even a good ending scene. A bit of a letdown at the end, but surely the sequel will be even better. ^_^

#30 titangamer

titangamer

GMC Member

• 134 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:32 AM

I can't get past the stone level
still fun game
i give it a 9/10

#31 crukis

crukis

GMC Member

• 30 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:03 PM

I loved this game. It has nice graphics, good sound and very fun gameplay. 8.5/10

#32 22Jake22

22Jake22

GMC Member

• 18 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:00 PM

Awesome game. 10/10.
The flamethrower spell is a bit overpowered IMO, but I'm not complaining... *flames evil beasts* ^_^

#33 Excalibur333

Excalibur333

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 462 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:47 AM

Awesome game. 10/10.
The flamethrower spell is a bit overpowered IMO, but I'm not complaining... *flames evil beasts* 

LoL.
I am glad you enjoyed the game. I like the flamethrower too. If you have an account on yoyogames it would be awesome if you rated it there (if you havn't already done so). Thanks for the feedback.
Excalibur

OsRsy9m.png pqe3LGj.png

#34 Excalibur333

Excalibur333

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 462 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:45 PM

Ok. The game should be completely glitch free. Well at least as glitch free as a profesional game. Thank you every one for posting any bugs found.
Excalibur

OsRsy9m.png pqe3LGj.png

#35 Star_Roxx

Star_Roxx

GMC Member

• 62 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:56 PM

all ready beat the game it awesome :D :( :(

#36 LRG

LRG

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 687 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:39 AM

I think this game should be expanded more (with more levels, spells, etc.) in my opinion, the last spell (portal) is kind of overpowered. All-in-all I give this game 8.5/10.

...Coming to you May 1, 2012 or later...
Posted Image

#37 Black-Hawk

Black-Hawk

GMC Member

• 505 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:49 AM

this game is very good.
professional graphics and nice gameplay, i like it!
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you." - Ezekiel 25:17

#38 MegaNoob

MegaNoob

GMC Member

• 395 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:59 PM

K, I beat the game about a week ago, became level 20 and forced the guy into a portal spell.

#39 Excalibur333

Excalibur333

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 462 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 04:57 PM

Star Roxx: Thank you for the comments. I am glad you liked it.

bubblejuice: I am thinking about makeing a second one and I will put more levels in it. Thank you for the feedback.

Blackhawk: Thank you. =)

Meganoob: Cool. I don't quite understand your post but I am glad you were able to beat the game.

Excalibur

OsRsy9m.png pqe3LGj.png

#40 seer

seer

GMC Member

• 86 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 06:50 PM

This is what I think of this game: :whistle: :P ::lmao::
It is soooooo cool. I liked the graphics, gameplay, and music. I didn't really like the menu very much but the rest of the game is way fun. There aren't very meny levels and I wish there were more but the few levels you get are very good.

edit: Oh yeah I loved all of the spells.

Seer :mellow:

Edited by seer, 18 May 2007 - 06:51 PM.

where fun is the objective

#41 seer

seer

GMC Member

• 86 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:11 PM

this geting funner the more i play it :mellow: :whistle: :P ::lmao:: :blink: .
seer.

Edited by seer, 18 May 2007 - 07:13 PM.

where fun is the objective

#42 Wolf017

Wolf017

GMC Member

• 531 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 03:39 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try the Bomb or Rebound spell; They do a ton of damage for low MP. Alternately, you could try the Sun spell, I haven't tried that against him, but it did well on level 4, as did the Flame spell.
Also, once you get to level 20 and recieve the Portal spell, he's a total pushover. Too bad you can't fight him again without starting the whole game over...
Anyways, great game, I just wish there were more uses for the seed spell, as well as more levels. The last few felt disappointing, and there wasn't even a good ending scene. A bit of a letdown at the end, but surely the sequel will be even better. :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just use the warp spell... Hell, it only takes ten or seven shots to kill him with that...

#43 Excalibur333

Excalibur333

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 462 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 05:27 PM

If you really like my game vote in the cage match. Aces is a nice looking game so this will be a hard match (for me at least).
Thanks.
Excalibur.

Edited by Excalibur333, 19 May 2007 - 05:28 PM.

OsRsy9m.png pqe3LGj.png

#44 Kantah

Kantah

RapidPhyreProducts

• 738 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:39 AM

Wow! This game is awesome, I played till the end, and the boss was hard (Until I used the Advanced Flame spell :wacko:) This game would be awesome to turn out an online game!

#45 Excalibur333

Excalibur333

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 462 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:59 AM

Cool. I am glad you like it. I am trying to learn how to do online games right now and I am also making a Deep Magic 2. Although it might now be called that. Maybe I will make it online multyplayer. If you like it and you wanted to you could support me in the GMC Cage Match. The link is on the first post.
Thank you.
Excalibur

Edited by Excalibur333, 20 May 2007 - 05:00 AM.

OsRsy9m.png pqe3LGj.png

#46 Dracodragon

Dracodragon

Frogfighter Founder!

• 498 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:06 AM

This game was pretty good, although it got a little repetitive after a while. I liked all the different spells and their unique traits. Good job!

7/10
Posted Image
Who says a Draco cant like frogs?

#47 Excalibur333

Excalibur333

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 462 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:55 AM

Thanks. I am glad you liked it. I liked all of the spell also.
Excalibur

OsRsy9m.png pqe3LGj.png

#48 metal-games

metal-games

metal-games

• 732 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:31 PM

This game is really really good! The main thing i like about it is that it is somthing diffrent which means it's original and i won't get board of it.also-the graphics are nice :wacko: .You got my vote in the cagematch and i also added the support textbar.good luck.

rating:10/10

#49 FallenMaster

FallenMaster

GMC Member

• 417 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:33 PM

I love your game man.

Only one thing that could've done it so much better... having right mouse button instead of E key :wacko:. On the fifth map now *goes back to playing*.

EDIT: Yaj, I killed the boss :wacko: (there aren't more then 6 maps, right?)

Edited by FallenMaster, 20 May 2007 - 02:45 PM.

Homepage: www.VD-Productions.com
Email: wallin_philip@hotmail.com

Games I've made: Venus Duel, Tower Defence, Tower Defence 2, Penguins Under Siege, Penguin Racers, Painball, Helmy, Final Flight, Animal Invasion, Bounty Hunter, Last Hope of Magic, The Defender, Original Mini Games, Penguins Under Siege II, Red's Journal, Pyrawords, Attack of Xolotl, Blobbz Online, Garbage Galactica, The Defender II... and they keep rolling in =).

Latest Game: The Defender II

#50 Excalibur333

Excalibur333

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 462 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:49 PM

Only one thing that could've done it so much better... having right mouse button instead of E key

Do you play marrowind? lol.
Thanks for the support.

Excalibur

OsRsy9m.png pqe3LGj.png