23 replies to this topic

#1 Shaltif

Shaltif

The Audio Master

• GMC Elder
  • 1185 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 10:20 PM

Hello everyone,

As you may have noticed, with the new Extension system now in place, I plan to update all my older works (including SXMS) to GM7 Pro Extensions. However, instead of having WinAmp and FmodEx support together, as I did with SXMS, I decided to split the work into two separate extensions. So, here is the WinAmp side of SXMS.

S-WinAmp is an extension that allows a programmer to use WinAmp input and output plugins in Game Maker. This extension can be downloaded here and comes with the following files:

readme.txt
example.gmk
S-WinAmp.gex

In addition, here is a separate archive containing 'tested to work' input and output plugins.

Note: You do not need WinAmp installed in order to use this Extension. All you will need are the input and output plugins in order to get playback.

I hope you enjoy this Extension. This was my testing ground before attempting to convert the entire FmodEx API over to Extension based. Look for the FmodEx Extension in the near future.

~Brandon

#2 Ravotus

Ravotus

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 327 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 10:29 PM

Nice job on the extension as usual. Gotta love the syntax highlighting in the help file. <_<

#3 Copy X

Copy X

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:20 AM

Edit: never mind I figured it out

Edited by Copy X, 11 March 2007 - 02:34 AM.

#4 Carnivac

Carnivac

The Hunter

• GMC Member
  • 3300 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:48 PM

Works great. Thanks, buddy. Essential for a couple of my projects.

#5 Speewave123

Speewave123

GMC Member

• 67 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 02:31 AM

How come i cant use this in Commercial. May not happen but Just Wondering.
because i thought Winamp was freeware.

id just use it for minor things like SIDPLAY. OGG and MOD i leave to other Libs.

#6 a2h

a2h

GMC Member

• 382 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:55 AM

I still use FMOD-easy for my music player. Hmm... is there any advantages of WinAmp or FMOD?

I think its time to switch to something better.

After all, adding support for more filetypes is as easy as downloading another dll.

However what I liked about FMOD is that you could include the wrapper, and whats left is just FMOD lying around. While WinAmp... wouldn't there be quite a lot of includes to do? I like using includes because it makes a good impression.

ion.developments does not exist, ignore my user title

#7 Speewave123

Speewave123

GMC Member

• 67 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:17 AM

I still use FMOD-easy for my music player. Hmm... is there any advantages of WinAmp or FMOD?

I think its time to switch to something better.

After all, adding support for more filetypes is as easy as downloading another dll.

However what I liked about FMOD is that you could include the wrapper, and whats left is just FMOD lying around. While WinAmp... wouldn't there be quite a lot of includes to do? I like using includes because it makes a good impression.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are many difrences:

winamp supports MOD files (very crappy) \MP3's\OGGs with plugins for other formats like c64\NES\SNES

FMOD does about the same but no plug in support for other audio formats and codecs. and WAY BETTER MOD\XM Support!

#8 Ryan-Phoenixan

Ryan-Phoenixan

GMC Member

• 211 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:17 PM

I just keep getting the error "error occurred while installing extension package." :whistle:

#9 DefuzionGames

DefuzionGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1460 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 23 December 2007 - 05:40 PM

can you use this without buying a licence? e.g for using mp3.

could you wrap wmplayer plugins ?

#10 lukeusher123

lukeusher123

GMC Member

• 10 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 04:24 PM

this works fine for me
except i can only use winamp functions in the room where
winamp_create() was origionally called. Winamp functions will not work in another room. this prevents it from being usable in my game.
I am an in the GM Quiz!

#11 Shaltif

Shaltif

The Audio Master

• GMC Elder
  • 1185 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 03:24 AM

this works fine for me
except i can only use winamp functions in the room where
winamp_create() was origionally called. Winamp functions will not work in another room. this prevents it from being usable in my game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure why you got this behavior. Looking over the code, the instance of the winamp object is persistent. Unless you accidentally delete the instance on room change, it should remain as you change rooms.

~Brandon

#12 Ryan-Phoenixan

Ryan-Phoenixan

GMC Member

• 211 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 09:16 PM

I want to let you know that I got it working now, and it's a pretty good extension. :( Good job!

Edited by Ryan-Phoenixan, 02 February 2008 - 09:17 PM.

#13 a2h

a2h

GMC Member

• 382 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:17 AM

in_mp3.dll from Winamp 5.52 doesn't work... neither does in_vorbis.dll ... anyone know why?

ion.developments does not exist, ignore my user title

#14 Indecom4000

Indecom4000

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1636 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:18 AM

They dont work for me either, i'm most interested in getting in_sid2 to work, as sid files are so small and fit my current game perfectly, figured this was my best bet to be able to play them but no dice. :D

LD-Logo-sml.png

#15 Sleepysonic

Sleepysonic

GMC Member

• 8 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:08 PM

How come i cant use this in Commercial. May not happen but Just Wondering.
because i thought Winamp was freeware.

id just use it for minor things like SIDPLAY. OGG and MOD i leave to other Libs.

It would be very nice if you could leave the winamp one commerical and possibly just require credit.

But um.. I can't use this. or your other one. I wanted to use it so I could play aac files in games. But it cannot play more than 1 sound file at a time.
It would be absolutely fantastic if you could include that feature in your next version.

#16 antidote

antidote

GMC Member

• 117 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:16 PM

It would be illegal for him to do so, because WinAmp and FMOD both require you to purchase a commercial license in order to use them in a commercial product.

#17 jobro

jobro

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1300 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:44 AM

I am trying your example. No sound is heard whatever plugin I choose. Here is my code:
winamp_stop();
winamp_output_load("out_wave.dll");
winamp_input_load("in_mod.dll");
winamp_play("rainbow.xm");
What am I doing wrong? I'm augmenting the example.

Edited by jobro, 04 August 2009 - 11:52 AM.

Marketplace.png

#18 John Locke

John Locke

GMC Member

• 19 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 04:17 PM

Hi!

I wonder if winamp bleep plugin (in_bleep.dll) works with it or not. I want to make NES style game, and this plug in is for play nsf files in winamp. I tested it in winamp2 (I know there is 5.57), but I just downloaded winamp 2.92 to test that dll.

EDIT: I found out it doesn't work with in_bleep, but there is an other Winamp plug-in, in_festalon, with also plays NSF files, and it works! But I can't change song within the NSF file :S
In winamp song change works with pressing play button again, and it change to the next track.

Edited by John Locke, 26 June 2010 - 05:19 PM.

BlogCoverGameArtNES_StyleGMF.png

Game development and some other stuffs.

Twitter: @AP_Projects | Facebook: AP Workshop

#19 Drathro

Drathro

GMC Member

• 891 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:02 PM

I know that finding working plugins for this extension is a pain in the butt! so I have compiled some that I have been using for a project of mine.. Here's the link:
http://dl.dropbox.co...525/Plugins.zip
MOST OF if not ALL of these should work.. I don't hav a working wma, ape, or mov inputs... But all of these work with the wav output, plus I renamed them so that they are much easier to recognize.

Be Prepared! MUSIC MAN IS COMING.

#20 TheouAegis

TheouAegis

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 13885 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:27 AM

This extension is awesome! However...

Ok, I downloaded the plug-in pack that Shaltif posted and extracted out_ds.dll and out_wav.dll, as well as in_NotSoFatso.dll in order to test it with a single NSF file. I also used in_yansf.dll which is the one used by NSFPlay. When I ran Shaltif's demo program, I opened one of the out_ DLLs (both worked) and then I opened in_NotSoFatso.dll. When I tried to play a song, it opened the NotSoFatso interface as well. However, if I used in_yansf.dll the song would play on its own without opening the NSFPlay interface. HOWEVER, when I exited Shaltif's demo while using in_yansf.dll, I would get an Application error:

NSFPlug: example.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x02942158" referenced memory at "0x029c38e8". The memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the program

So, since it's obviously an NSFPlug error, does anyone know how to fix that? If not, in which case NSFplug is unusable, does anyone know how to make the NotSoFatso interface not pop up every time I play a file with it?

I've also noticed if I try to use NoseFart (in_nsf.dll) with out_ds.dll, sometimes the sound won't play. It seems like it's related to DirectSound since I have to run another program (such as NSFPlay) to re-initialize DirectSound in order for in_nsf.dll to work; which, by the way, plays so wonderfully loud and clear if and when it does work.

I know it's been brought up in other threads, but for the sake of this thread as well, how do you control loops and loop delays? Is that something that cannot be helped or is it managed with the plug-ins themselves?

Lastly, this is for those people who have multi-tracked NSF files they want to play: Maybe there is a function in S-Winamp Wrapper for advancing NSF tracks or maybe there isn't, I don't know. However, every time you load an NSF to play (for example, every time you press 'P' in Shaltif's demo), (edit) there is a chance (/edit) you can advance the track list. In other words, I would think if there's no function for selecting tracks, then all you would need to do is load the NSF file multiple times in order to play to play the desired track. You have to stop the playback first, though, otherwise it plays back at faster and faster speeds.

Edited by TheouAegis, 12 September 2010 - 06:26 AM.

"The problem with object-oriented languages is that they've got all this implicit environment that they carry around with them. You wanted a banana but what you've got is a gorilla holding the banana and the entire jungle." -Joe Armstrong

"It goes against the grain of modern education to teach children to program. What fun is there in making plans, acquiring discipline in organizing thoughts, devoting attention to detail and learning to be self-critical?" -Alan Perlis

"Do not think about where you want to be and how to get there; think about what you want to do and how to do it." -Theou Aegis

#21 ze1

ze1

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 153 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

Sorry for the necropost, but does anyone still own the extension and can upload it somewhere?

#22 SilverOmega

SilverOmega

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 11 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

Sorry for the bump but does anyone have the extention? The link is broken.

#23 Jyro

Jyro

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:49 AM

I have gotten NES chiptunes to work with game maker 8 flawlessly and also the ability to change tracks in game without separate menu. let me know if you want this code and I can get it to you.,

NES engines in progress-(Final Fantasy, Super Mario Bro's 3, Metroid)
Jyro-(creating platform engine, designing sprites)
Fire Emblem-(team at Forum, basic engine created, in progress)
----6 Years GM Experience----
--------I am Registered--------

#24 gotest

gotest

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 177 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:52 AM

So after about a year of owning GM:S, I never used it because I couldn't get this to work with it. So just today, I decided to finally try to see if I could fix it myself. Turns out, it was a simple fix. So here's the GMZ. Just make sure you DO NOT DELETE THE Winamp OBJECT!

Download

I only tested one .minigsf file. It worked fine, I just didn't do extensive testing. So here's to hoping everything works normally!

I hope this doesn't violate any rules. I'm just trying assist the community.

GM:S user (mostly uses 8.0)
The home page for LoZ: The Elemental Crystal Linky
LoZ:the elemental crystal progress (Pretty much discontinued): 17% llllllllllllllllllll

My Terraria RPG Mod