Extension Creations Forum Rules
Please read over the following rules before posting a topic. Any topic posted in this section that fails to comply with these rules will be deleted.
- Only topics which showcase a Game Maker Extension (GEX) may be posted here. All other topics of discussion will be removed. Extensions must extend GM's capability beyond the standard built-in functions. Extensions that simply duplicate existing GM functions will be removed.
- All topics require a download link to the creation they are showcasing. Any creation which requires a user to contact the creator via e-mail, Personal Messager or other similar means are not allowed.
- All extension downloads must include a .gex version. I have seen some extensions in the forms of EXE's, these will not be allowed. You may have the .gex file in a archive, like zip.
- If an Extension creation requires the use of other Extensions or creations, this must be specified in the starting post of the topic. For example, if you make an Extension that uses Mark's Printer Extension, you must make this clear in your topic. It is also HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you link to this required creation when applicable.
- Porting or converting discussions are NOT allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, porting GM Games, converting GML, or using GameMaker on platforms it does not natively support.
- Creations that alter the behavior of GameMaker directly are NOT allowed. This includes tool bars, embedded windows, memory alteration, etc.
STRICTLY Forbidden Areas of Discusion
- Prank programs (harmless or not)
- Disabling the Start Menu, TaskManager, CTRL+ALT+DELETE, CMD+OPT+ESC, etc.
- Shells (Sub-OS programs)
- File management programs
- Applications that use or access email, chat networks (eg. AIM, MSN, IRC), telephone networks (eg. SMS), or forums
- Removal tools for spyware / viruses / cookies, or pop-up blockers
- Preventing or forcing Log Off, Shut Down, or Restart
- Applications that alter the operating system, system files, or registry settings
- Programs that install software to automatically start for any reason
- Programs that hide themselves when they run
- Key loggers, screen loggers, activity monitors, or any other form of surveillance
- Applications that automatically refresh web pages
See this linked topic for a full list of projects which are not allowed.
This topic has been left open so that other users can post their "FAQ" about extending GameMaker. When a FAQ is posted, staff will determine if it should be appended to the existing list and the post will be removed.
DO NOT POST QUESTIONS in this topic, as they will NOT be answered. However, any question about the rules/FAQ itself are welcome.