Script Creations Forum Rules
Please read these rules before posting. Topic that don't comply with these rules will be deleted.
- Only useful GML scripts may be posted here. Posted scripts must extend GM's capability beyond the standard built-in functions. Scripts that simply duplicate existing GM functions will be removed.
- Topics must include a download link to the script, or the script contents pasted in the topic.
- If a script creation requires 3rd party DLL's (or other files), this must be stated in the topic. For example, a script which uses the 39dll to get a user's IP. We also recommend that you link to this required DLL/program when applicable.
- 'Command Line Scripts' are not allowed here. These are scripts which send parameters to a distributed EXE.
- Porting or converting discussions are NOT allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, porting GM Games, converting GML, or using GameMaker on platforms it does not natively support.
- Creations that alter the behavior of GameMaker directly are NOT allowed. This includes tool bars, embedded windows, memory alteration, etc.
STRICTLY Forbidden Areas of Discusion
- Prank programs (harmless or not)
- Disabling the Start Menu, TaskManager, CTRL+ALT+DELETE, CMD+OPT+ESC, etc.
- Shells (Sub-OS programs)
- File management programs
- Applications that use or access email, chat networks (eg. AIM, MSN, IRC), telephone networks (eg. SMS), or forums
- Removal tools for spyware / viruses / cookies, or pop-up blockers
- Preventing or forcing Log Off, Shut Down, or Restart
- Applications that alter the operating system, system files, or registry settings
- Programs that install software to automatically start for any reason
- Programs that hide themselves when they run
- Key loggers, screen loggers, activity monitors, or any other form of surveillance
- Applications that automatically refresh web pages
See this linked topic for a full list of projects which are not allowed.
Q: What if a download link isn't working?
A: Make sure to try the "Right Click > Save As" option, or dragging the link into the browser bar. If that doesn't work, it is a dead link.
Do NOT bump the topic saying "broken link". Instead, try contacting the author privately to inform him. If the link is down for several days, you can use the report button.
This topic has been left open so that other users can post their "FAQ" about extending GameMaker. When a FAQ is posted, staff will determine if it should be appended to the existing list and the post will be removed.
DO NOT POST QUESTIONS in this topic, as they will NOT be answered. However, any question about the rules/FAQ itself are welcome.