• Please log in to reply
375 replies to this topic

#31 Seeker

Seeker

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 366 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 11:06 PM

My gosh, you work fast! Thank you very much. The updates are just what I needed to get started on that designer, and I like the other additions as well. I prefer making programs over making games, and now I can give them that extra professional feel with this dll. It might take a little time, since I'm trying to wrap up one of my game projects pretty soon, but I'll be sure to let you see the first build of the designer I'm thinking of when it comes, and I'll probably have a few more questions by then. It shouldn't be too hard to get it up and running, because for the most part, I can just use the designer I was working on for Roach's dll, and just swap out the function calls. I'll keep you posted. Thanks. ::lmao::

#32 h0bbel

h0bbel

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 10:26 AM

My gosh, you work fast!  Thank you very much.  The updates are just what I needed to get started on that designer, and I like the other additions as well.  I prefer making programs over making games, and now I can give them that extra professional feel with this dll.  It might take a little time, since I'm trying to wrap up one of my game projects pretty soon, but I'll be sure to let you see the first build of the designer I'm thinking of when it comes, and I'll probably have a few more questions by then.  It shouldn't be too hard to get it up and running, because for the most part, I can just use the designer I was working on for Roach's dll, and just swap out the function calls.  I'll keep you posted.  Thanks.  ::lmao::

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, i also prefer programs, that's the reason its based on gm5, because creating a program which requires a 3d graphics card (gm6) isn't necessary.

#33 h0bbel

h0bbel

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 02:04 PM

Update to version 1.2.0.0

- All control fonts are now automatically created with the standard font, not the bold font it was created with in earlier versions.
- Added function to change the font of every kind of control that has text in it.
- Added autofont, a function that sets a default font for creating controls, so you don't have to call the set font function for every control.

#34 Seeker

Seeker

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 366 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:15 PM

Yes, i also prefer programs, that's the reason its based on gm5, because creating a program which requires a 3d graphics card (gm6) isn't necessary.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I figured that was the reason. I'd use gm5 also, but there always seems to be a few functions that I need in gm6 for the graphics-centered programs that I work on.

I hate to seem greedy, because you've already implemented the functions I mentioned recently, but I have a few more hopes for the next version:

- functions to hide/show any control
- function to get the parent of a child window
- message box functions

I've already started a little work on the designer (started from scratch instead of using my old version), and have already needed a few of these functions, but I have done a workaround for the moment because I didn't want to bug you with more requests so soon. But whenever you find time to work on the next version, please consider these. The new additions look great.

#35 h0bbel

h0bbel

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:31 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I figured that was the reason. I'd use gm5 also, but there always seems to be a few functions that I need in gm6 for the graphics-centered programs that I work on.

I hate to seem greedy, because you've already implemented the functions I mentioned recently, but I have a few more hopes for the next version:

- functions to hide/show any control
- function to get the parent of a child window
- message box functions

I've already started a little work on the designer (started from scratch instead of using my old version), and have already needed a few of these functions, but I have done a workaround for the moment because I didn't want to bug you with more requests so soon. But whenever you find time to work on the next version, please consider these. The new additions look great.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks to remind me, that functions are really standard requirements for the DLL but i forgot to add them.
Tomorrow i will work on the DLL again ^_^.

#36 Sindarin

Sindarin

Indie Game Developer

• 1644 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:30 AM

Is it able to show these controls on the game window instead of a new one?

#37 h0bbel

h0bbel

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:35 AM

Update to version 1.2.5.0

- Added function to change the show status of a control.
- Added functions to get/set the parent of a control
- Added function to show message boxes

#38 Seeker

Seeker

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:42 PM

Thanks, h0bbel. Is making this dll really that easy, or are you just that darn good!? Keep up the great work.

#39 Brandnew

Brandnew

GMC Member

• 57 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:55 PM

I have a problem with the dll: My objective is to make a DAT file editor, in which data for a mmorpg will be stored. There is a Treeview, where you can see the Items tree, and should be able to add items, monsters and effects by clicking buttons.
New items should be added to the selected item of the tree, but that only works for the first time. The next times, items are added to the root. :S

Here is the gm6 so you can understand.
http://www.mytempdir.com/1149578

Thanks for the help :D

#40 h0bbel

h0bbel

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:43 AM

I have a problem with the dll: My objective is to make a DAT file editor, in which data for a mmorpg will be stored. There is a Treeview, where you can see the Items tree, and should be able to add items, monsters and effects by clicking buttons.
New items should be added to the selected item of the tree, but that only works for the first time. The next times, items are added to the root. :S

Thanks for the help :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your code is perfectly fine, the problem is in the API_Treeview_GetSel function.
I will try to fix this problem.

#41 h0bbel

h0bbel

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:57 AM

Thanks for the help ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha ...
Already fixed the problem in my dll.
My DLL has his own small system to manage treeview items, because the normal treeview handling is to complicated to use directly in Game Maker.
But the problem was the treeview_expand function had a code in it which changed the status of the treeview item to "Not Used".
That way my selection check function didn't check the selection status of the selected item because it was set to "Not Used".
This was probably caused by copy and paste. :D :skull:

Edited by h0bbel, 05 January 2007 - 09:59 AM.

#42 Brandnew

Brandnew

GMC Member

• 57 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:27 PM

thank you very much!!! :):D this DLL is really nice, thanks for writing (or copying it :P) and addapted it to game maker! Veery useful
thanks also for fixing that detail. Now it works perfectly.

I have a suggestion: Could you add a function to draw bitmaps in these windows? Or, is there a way to draw things like "draw_circle" over these windows? Thanks for helping :P

#43 Seeker

Seeker

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 366 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 10:50 PM

thank you very much!!! :):D this DLL is really nice, thanks for writing (or copying it :P) and addapted it to game maker! Veery useful

I have a suggestion: Could you add a function to draw bitmaps in these windows? Or, is there a way to draw things like "draw_circle" over these windows? Thanks for helping :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also just encountered the problem of displaying images in windows. If you try to display an image using a static control, the function asks for a bitmap resource name, but we don't have access to those resources, only file names. Also, I couldn't assign an image to a button control using the function provided.

#44 h0bbel

h0bbel

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:41 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also just encountered the problem of displaying images in windows. If you try to display an image using a static control, the function asks for a bitmap resource name, but we don't have access to those resources, only file names. Also, I couldn't assign an image to a button control using the function provided.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have to use the BS_BITMAP Flag to assign a bitmap to a button(or BS_ICON for assigning a icon).
Example:
Win_Button = API_Button_Create (Win,20,340,24,24,BS_BITMAP);
API_Button_SetBitmap (Win_Button,"bitmap.bmp");

For displaying an image in a static control i have to make a new function.

Edited by h0bbel, 06 January 2007 - 09:41 AM.

#45 omeguito

omeguito

GMC Member

• 64 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 10:28 PM

Nice dll dude, I like it!!! But can I draw a sprite stored in GM?

I got an error using the API things into the main gm window..
Posted Image
It doesnt draw any color in the black things..

Edited by omeguito, 06 January 2007 - 10:59 PM.

#46 Blijbol

Blijbol

Happy business

• 312 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:09 PM

Posted Image

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Create a large static in the main GM window, and put the rest of the controls on that static. Directly putting things on the GM window causes this problem because it's a DirectX window. I had this problem with similar DLLs too.

Anyways, looking at the function list this seems to be the best Api DLL out there. Good job.

#47 omeguito

omeguito

GMC Member

• 64 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 01:31 AM

Thank you Blijbol ;-).

h0bbel, could you add a [+] and [-] icon in the Tree view?
It will look nicer ^^.

#48 h0bbel

h0bbel

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:14 AM

Nice dll dude, I like it!!! But can I draw a sprite stored in GM?

Posted Image

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you want to use a sprite in gm in a DLL you first have to save it fo a file.

Game Maker constantly redraws its window for the game sprites and backgrounds etc ...
This causes the black background because the controls don't have a repaint code.

#49 h0bbel

h0bbel

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:16 AM

Thank you Blijbol ;-).

h0bbel, could you add a [+] and [-] icon in the Tree view?
It will look nicer ^^.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you add an item to an existing item a [+] box will appear.

Edited by h0bbel, 07 January 2007 - 10:17 AM.

#50 h0bbel

h0bbel

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:22 AM

You have to use the BS_BITMAP Flag to assign a bitmap to a button(or BS_ICON for assigning a icon).
Example:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hm, the windows static control does not seem to like loading images from files.
I will make a drawing system for the new version, this will also mean the client window will be able to draw lines and rectangles etc, but this can take a while, I'm also working on a gm6 to c++ converter right now.

#51 Seeker

Seeker

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 366 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 03:46 PM

Example:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hm, the windows static control does not seem to like loading images from files.
I will make a drawing system for the new version, this will also mean the client window will be able to draw lines and rectangles etc, but this can take a while, I'm also working on a gm6 to c++ converter right now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah ha, thank you.

#52 zephroelectro

zephroelectro

GMC Member

• 265 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:44 PM

hi h0bbel :)

Im using Max WinAPI in my program made in GM to convert 2D images into 3D models.
Mainly so that I don't have to bother much with a standard GUI, plus your godly API wrapper is good, as it takes the colour of the '3d windows'.

One problem I have come across with Max WinAPI is:

I really like being able to execute "WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES" to enable dragging of files into the GM window, however, it seems that there is no function currently available to do anything at this point once the file has been dragged.

Can you please fix this so that I can actually get the filename of what is dragged into the window?

If you can, I will forever be thankful. Its all that is left, that I require in my program.

Ofcourse, I can use parameter checking so that people can drag things into the programs icon, but I like how "WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES" is the ACTUAL drag and drop :D

#53 Seeker

Seeker

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 366 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 06:20 PM

Hi h0bbel. The visual designer I've been working on is coming together nicely. I have however run into a few obstacles:

1. The first obstacle is minor and doesn't affect the designer at all at the moment, because I've been able to code a workaround, but I might as well mention it now while I'm at it. I thank you for adding the Control_GetParent() function requested. Now I'd like to request a Window_GetParent() function.

2. The second obstacle is major, and I can't continue much of the project without it. Everytime I use the API_Check_Set() function, the program shuts down without warning. I need to be able to set the checking of controls on different windows.

Thank you for your time and consideration on these. Hope all is well.

#54 h0bbel

h0bbel

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:22 AM

OK, i will add the functions you requested (drag files, get window parent, multi window checking)
This will be either today or tomorrow.
But the number of windows you can check at the same time will be limited (to 10 windows).

#55 zephroelectro

zephroelectro

GMC Member

• 265 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 01:29 PM

OK, i will add the functions you requested (drag files, get window parent, multi window checking)
This will be either today or tomorrow.
But the number of windows you can check at the same time will be limited (to 10 windows).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

THANKYOU!!!

Your like, the best ever :D

#56 Seeker

Seeker

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 366 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:41 PM

^^ I second that! h0bbel keeps his fans happy. Thank you. :(

#57 h0bbel

h0bbel

GMC Member

• 252 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 01:21 PM

Update to version 1.3.0.0

- Updated the window check system to check up to 10 windows at the same time.
- Added function to set/get the parent of a window.
- Added function to get the number of files, and file names of the files that are dropped into the check window.

#58 t6q4

t6q4

GMC Member

• 104 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 05:19 PM

Please add a zip version, i dont have winRAR :(
Looks good, though

#59 cdm319

cdm319

C++ Programmer

• 885 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 06:12 PM

you dont need winRAR - get 7zip - its free

#60 zephroelectro

zephroelectro

GMC Member

• 265 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:56 AM

Please add a zip version, i dont have winRAR <_<
Looks good, though

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or, you could get off ur lazy butt, and download WinRAR, which is only 900kbs :angry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users