Covac Software

• 2522 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 08 December 2006 - 08:52 AM

Name: ListBoxEx
Creator:
- Dll: Christian Sciberras
- Example: Victor Yarvnel
Size: 980 Kb (including gm6, gml, dll, tester.exe)
Version: 2.3
Type: Zipped dll and gm6 (.zip)
Description: ListBoxEx(tended) Create and fully control real API listboxes.
Features:
~ The app-draw event is fixed
~ Create/Destroy/ReadAtPos/AddAtPos/ReadAtEnd/
AddAtEnd/RemoveAtPos/RewriteAtPos
~ Fully working gm6 tester
New! ~ Included in zip is compiled GM exe
Requirments: The file may be run only with Gamemaker 6.x (or maybe later).
Download Link: Covac downloads

Posted Image
^ gm6 tester/example in action (can't screenshot a dll)

Edited by uuf6429, 08 December 2006 - 08:53 AM.

#2 tangibleLime

tangibleLime

Lunatic

• GMC Elder
  • 2520 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 08 December 2006 - 08:53 PM

Um, not be be a rain on the parade, but why would people use this instead of my GMWW DLL which can do this and a whole lot more?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 Seeker

Seeker

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 366 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:56 PM

Um, not be be a rain on the parade, but why would people use this instead of my GMWW DLL which can do this and a whole lot more?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know, I don't post too often on these boards, but when I do, you know it has to be for a good reason. Roach, I've used your DLL in a few projects of mine, and it's been great, but you haven't updated it in SEVERAL months.

There has been a number of posts in your DLL's thread since your last post there, where people commented on your work or asked you a question, but you didn't even bother to post any kind of response. This makes people think that you don't care about what others have to say, and you don't care about helping them with problems with your own DLL.

Now, for some reason, after months of being inactive, you suddenly come to uuf6429's post and demean his work. And you demeaned it by advertising your own bugged, incomplete, and unsupported DLL.

If you can be bothered to insult someone else's work, why couldn't you bother yourself with answering the questions posted in your own topic? Sorry, but couldn't you be a little more considerate?

#4 CyberTwister

CyberTwister

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 246 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:17 AM

he didn't insult his work. But sure, this isn't kind.

First off all, this dll works great. There is no bug. So if someone want to make a listbox, this is a great dll.
Second, you can also use Roach's dll... sure... but this one works greats too.
uuf6429 : nice work (but sure, it was already possible to do that with Roach's dll)

#5 1up Graphix

1up Graphix

GMC Member

• 171 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 02:51 AM

Lots of hard work goes into any project, so thanks for your effort to make a great dll!

#6 tangibleLime

tangibleLime

Lunatic

• GMC Elder
  • 2520 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 09 December 2006 - 02:51 AM

Seeker - hey now, just because I don't post doesn't mean I'm not active. I browse around, but I don't post much, because I often don't have anything to say. Am I required to update my GMWW DLL? No, not really. I'd be nice if i did. And I could. And I might. I do have a normal life, you know. Programming DLLs isn't really a priority for me at the moment.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 millzyman

millzyman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 574 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 09 December 2006 - 03:03 AM

his work is ok... i'd give it a 7/10 and stop the flamming...... A mod is here *hides behind a chair*
Amigo Gamer (Link no longer available)
Amigo Gamer. New site for the development of Dusk and Dawn: Civilisations. Go there for updates about the game! Game is still being worked on.

#8 Seeker

Seeker

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 366 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 03:41 AM

I understand Roach's position, and I didn't mean to be hostile. Both DLL's are great, and it's nice to see things represented in different forms. Nice work, uuf6429.

#9 uuf6429

uuf6429

Covac Software

• 2522 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 11:04 AM

The gmww dll is great but the listbox part is really buggy it even cant read from the listbox if an item or more weren't inside it.

Thanks to all for the comments and yes roach is right gmww could do alot more, but as i said the listbox part is too buggy, so when you decide to update gmww and remove theproblems inside it, ill retreat from this project. But until then people may use this.

And please gentlemen lets not argue about roach's lack of update because this post is about a dll not roach.

To roach: If you want ill give you do source of the dll in c++.

Regards,
Victor & Christian

EDIT: In this dll i didn't mean to do anything against roach, in fact roach is nowere mentioned.

Edited by uuf6429, 09 December 2006 - 11:06 AM.

#10 NeutralD

NeutralD

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 03:59 PM

Why don't you make "listview" example instead of "listbox", it would be more useful?

#11 uuf6429

uuf6429

Covac Software

• 2522 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 04:55 PM

Yeah we're testing a super list view dll with icons, rename....
But it its in its very begining and to tell the truth we're not very successful with so i might ask some support from the GMC.
Anyway did anyone test the listbox dll?
Unfortunately the item rewrite command isn't working so we did a small tweak which works successfuly...
Regards,

#12 jlsnews

jlsnews

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

Hello,

the download link is dead and I was wondering if the thing you could upload again?

Thank you!

jlsnews