• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 03:55 PM

The prolouge...............

Several hundred years have passed since the events since the conflict started by King Zephiel of Bern(FE6). The people had been at peace for a long time, but now that peace has been shattered. Tensions are rising between the territories of Lycia, and they are now on the brink of a war that could envelope the continents Elibe and Magvel entirely. Within the walls of Araphen, one of the smaller Lycian territories, a young lord who only answers to the nickname Shadow holds the contempt of all of his people, for none of them want a foul, rude, barbaric lout like him to take his father's place at the throne. However, a sinister conspiracy is brewing, one that will thrust him into the shoes of a leader and force him to stop a soon-coming war that could lead to the world's destruction.

The main story......

The main boss is infact Shadow's father, hoping to conquer all the lands across both Elibe and Magvel. He was always known as a wise and peaceful ruler, but the threat of war drove him to terrible extremes. He believes that he can put an end to all conflict by taking total control of everyone. He realizes that the tryanny he is plotting goes against all of his beliefs, but feels that the positive he can bring the world will make up for his wrongdoings.

The game will be approximately 40-something chapters, the longest of all FE games so far. Although it does take place in two existsing continents, there will hopefully be an Online Multiplayer taking place on a third Continent. There will also be a Chalenge Mode unlocked after successful completion of the game. What I am looking for is...

1. What new battle features could I add to freshen up gmeplay?
2. I was planning on cadding cameos form other video game characters. I was planning on doing only Nintendo, but the staff talked me into adding Sephiroth and Cloud from Final Fantasy. Any other game suggestions you have (preferrably Nintendo based characters)
3. What major flaws di ther three American releases have (FE 7, 8, and 9) that I should improve on?
4. What new classes should I add?

Overall, any questions, comments, or suggestions you have are appreciated.

#2 Account

Account

GMC Member

• 265 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 05:34 PM

you cant post this here. Infact you cant post this anywhere sorry...

#3 TriggerX

TriggerX

GMC Member

• 1280 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 11:25 PM

What is wrong with this topic, he did give a description of his game didn't he?

Well I don't know much about FE, but I think a class with some transformation abilities would be cool.

#4 Morbid_Chylde

Morbid_Chylde

Comic Artist/Writer

• 317 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 11:34 PM

What is wrong with this topic, he did give a description of his game didn't he?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That being the problem. The Game Design forum is not a pre-WIP forum, it is for discussing game design in general, not discussing a game you plan on making as in topic author's post.

Edited by Morbid_Chylde, 02 December 2006 - 11:36 PM.

#5 Kilik 64

Kilik 64

Fire Emblem King

• 917 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 03:10 AM

Oh. Sorry. Could you re-direct me to where this goes.

#6 Patzta

Patzta

Evil in a box

• 336 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 08:37 AM

you cant post this here. Infact you cant post this anywhere sorry...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Although the spelling of 'in fact' is off, that's true.

Go find a 'story rating' forum or something like that.... I don't know, really. Just not the GMC.

#7 KC LC

KC LC

Ex-Administrator

• GMC Elder
  • 5309 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 10:37 AM

I think many members are confused about this forum, so we close lots of topics here.

But that's OK. :) In your case, you have a good story and some good preliminary ideas for the game. That's a very good start.

But game design is more that just having a good story. It's about level design, character movement, player control, and specific game objective. So it's just too early to post in this case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users