• Global Moderators
  • 4814 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 31 October 2006 - 10:10 PM

Hi,
This is my isometric snake game

"DOWNLOAD NOW"

Posted Image

This game is a twist on the normal snake game, enabling you to switch between top view and isometric view

The game has a Main Game (Story) mode where you have to guide snake though all the levels by collecting all the red blocks. This starts off easy (for like the 1st 2 levels) but becomes highly challenging even for the expert snake players out there.
It also has an Arcade Mode where you can play your own custom made levels which you can design with the snake arcade designer.

Enjoy People!

/* ok several people have said this is too difficult, and it is without practice.. so i have decided to post the level passcodes below if you need them (Press P in game to enter them) */

global.mpass[0] = "Hammer";
global.mpass[1] = "Jug";
global.mpass[2] = "Bulb";
global.mpass[3] = "Milk";
global.mpass[4] = "Troll";
global.mpass[5] = "Jukebox";
global.mpass[6] = "Racket";
global.mpass[7] = "Magazine";
global.mpass[8] = "Castle";
global.mpass[9] = "Tent";
global.mpass[10] = "Check";
global.mpass[11] = "Golden";
global.mpass[12] = "Croak";
global.mpass[13] = "Quaver";
global.mpass[14] = "Suitcase";

Edited by flexaplex, 23 January 2009 - 01:09 AM.

#2 gmjab

gmjab

GMC Member

• 784 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 10:18 PM

Looks awsome, DLing.

#3 flexaplex

flexaplex

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 4814 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 10:26 PM

ty :)
remember to press "O" key to get back to the main menu.. and hold "Shift" key if you want to use an options menu.
also press "I" key to toggle isometric view in arcade mode.
"F" key adds a floor to the level
and "G" key adds gridlines
this is of course all in the help file but hard to remember.

Edited by flexaplex, 31 October 2006 - 10:28 PM.

#4 gmjab

gmjab

GMC Member

• 784 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 10:31 PM

Wow, this game is very well done and its awsome and can be very hard at times because of the snakes speed. Well done 8/10. I hope you intend on making more versions.

#5 flexaplex

flexaplex

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 4814 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:11 AM

ty. yes the main mode is quite hard, but with a bit of practice you can master it. If it gets to hard you can pm me and i will give you the next level code.

#6 THE KAPPTIN

THE KAPPTIN

El Capitano

• 2374 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 05:54 PM

The level with the passcode "bulb" is much too hard. Especially because you have just split-seconds after pressing space to turn the snake downward! Also, he didn't seem to turn on this level when I tapped a direction, only when I held it. You should change it to respond to taps instead. I like how you have both isometric and grid-style views.

#7 flexaplex

flexaplex

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 4814 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:11 PM

yes that level does require quite fast reaction times, but with a little bit of practice it can be done quite easily, i made this game hard so it would be a challenge, otherwise things like this are too easy for me and i don't think you really feel like you've accomplished anythign jsut going though endless easy levels.

#8 BlaXun

BlaXun

Slime Online Creator

• GMC Member
  • 2712 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:33 PM

wow, this is really great.

Why not try and add flatscores system, this will get more the type of competition to the game :D

(flatscores is an online highscore system which is extremely easy to add)

Heres the link...if u r interested

Edited by BlaXun, 16 November 2006 - 11:33 PM.

#9 hotdogindustry

hotdogindustry

GMC Member

• 10 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 06:19 AM

This game has potential to be addicting. However, there is one key thing that separates it from being good: very frustrating level design. Especially the "bulb" level where you have half a second to press down to avoid certain death at the very beginning.

#10 flexaplex

flexaplex

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 4814 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 06:14 PM

@BlaXun
Thankyou for your suggestion, i would of probably consider this if it was actually popular, however i made this game a long time ago and i don't intend on developing it further, doing other things now.

@hotdogindustry
The game is about timing, and with a little practice it's easily possible, the most important thing is learning little tricks and considering the best route to take in order to collect the items.

but however i realise this is going to be difficult for most people (i thought there would be some really good snake palyers out there though) so i have decided to add the passcode if you really need them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users