- Title: Sonic Engine 360 (Essentials) - New 6 Year Update!
- Description: Easy to use Sonic engine with slopes and all of the basic essentials
- GM Version: :GM8:
- Registered: Yes
- File Type: .gmk
- File Size: 157KB
- File Link: Sonic Engine 360.gmk
- Old Link: The original Sonic.gm6 (from 2006)
- Tags: Sonic, Engine, Slopes, Slope, Angle, Rotate, Roll, Physics, Collision, Collisions, Proper, 360, Full Circle, Precise, Jump-through, Platform, Platforms, Ring Loss, Flexaplex, Damizean, McdIzzY, Game Maker, Example, Engine, Tutorial, How To
A new update 6 years later! I've now combined this old engine with my alteration and extension of Damizean's slope engine (I've fixed a few bugs from it) to create a well rounded Sonic engine with all the essentials you should need to make a Sonic game. It's designed with the aim to be easy for anybody to just pick and use as a base for their game. I have attempted to mimic the original Sega games as closely as I could with the controls, physics and animation.
Left/Right Arrow = Move Down Arrow = Roll / Crouch Space/Z/CTRL = Jump / Spin Dash (when crouched)Features
- Full 360 slope collision engine: different depth layers, loops, jump-through / moving platforms and physics
- Extensive animation and control sequencing: jumping, rolling, springing, waiting, running, spin dash, dying, pushing, braking, balancing
- The basic action sounds
- Items: spikes, end-post, multi-directional springs (handles springs of any angle), rings (including proper ring loss action)
- NEW! Boxes & Shields: Invincibility, Sneekers, Fire, Electricity, Water (with actions)
- Modular, well documented, neat coding style; easy to adapt
- NEW! Level Baker script included: This can optionally be used to hugely increase the efficiency of levels
Optional, but if you wish you can give credit to:
- Damizean & McdIzzY (for the original slope engine)
- Kain (for the boxes in his Sonic 3 engine)
- Flexaplex (for this engine).