Chat@last

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bjinc

bjinc

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 03:12 PM

Chat@Last is an Instant Messaging program, inspired by the tutorial for Internet games available on Game Maker. When I started making games, I decided to do all the tutorials first. After completing the one where you learn to make a simple chat program, I realized this game could be improved, and I set out making changes everywhere. I have officially created 5 versions of Chat@Last, the latest being Chat@Last v1.5. The game so far has not differed greatly from the original tutorial, with only a few changes and improvements. However, in sometime in 2007 I plan to release v2.0, which will add all kinds of features, such as a storable address book, so you don't have to type in your friends IP address every time, a SoundChat, in which you can send basic sound greetings, like "Hello" and "Cool" (I hope this will someday evolve into a full LiveVoice chat), and a bunch of built in online games (One of them will hopefully be TAG3D, I game of 3D Game of Tag with two people playing online (I am currently making a beta of the game. but no idea if it will be realeased with v2.0). Plus, Chat@Lastv2.0 will use high-res graphics with changeable skins! But v2.0 won't be out for a while. However, you can download Chat @ Last v1.5 (and all my other games) at BJ INC Homepage

(The site is shared between me and my dad, so don;t worry about the Hawkins Road stuff)

#2 lalle_calle

lalle_calle

GMC Member

• Validating
  • 392 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 04:16 PM

dont make chat programs no one downlods that, and people don't like mplay since it needs port forwarding
i made one not using mplay and i got like 15 downlods

Edited by lalle_calle, 20 October 2006 - 04:18 PM.

#3 dedevilgames

dedevilgames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 439 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 04:53 PM

Another problem is, if no one is online, it's pretty hard to rate the game.

#4 Strider_hiryu41

Strider_hiryu41

GMC Member

• 168 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 08:27 PM

Post a Screenie!

#5 XKreeperX

XKreeperX

Kreeper Games Owner

• 41 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 03:06 PM

I love instant messengers, so im downloading this one, will edit when its done

Edit: This is cool in my book! It stinks no one else is on, but ill give it to some of my friends. The only thing i dont like is the plain light orange in the chat room thing. But u said u will get skins when 2 comes out, so im waiting for it! Another bad thing is is has maybe a 2-5 second lag when u click on like create session or something, but its not that bad. Another thing is u should add an option for a language filter. Also, when, for example, i put:

Hi
# <- New Line
# <- New Line
Bye

and keep hitting enter, it will look like this --> Posted Image

Well, all in all its good, ill edit again when i get someone to talk to, keep up the good work!

Edited by XKreeperX, 29 October 2006 - 03:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users