12 replies to this topic

#1 SN4K3

SN4K3

GMC Member

• 144 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 05:09 PM

Dialogs DLL
Written by SN4K3
I have written this DLL so you can use any type of Windows Dialogs for your games / apps.
At the moment, the DLL is just to see what it is, because it doesn't return the filename for saving or loading any files.

It has currently got 10 scripts:
- D_Init //Initializes the DLL
- D_LoadDialog //Shows the Load Dialog
- D_SaveDialog //Shows the Save Dialog
- D_LoadDialogSetFilter //Changes the filter of the LoadDialog*
- D_SaveDialogSetFilter //Changes the filter of the SaveDialog*
- D_LoadPictureDialog //Shows the Load a Picture Dialog
- D_SavePictureDialog //Shows the Save a Picture Dialog
- D_LoadPictureDialogSetFilter //Changes the filter of LoadPictureDialog*
- D_SavePictureDialogSetFilter //Changes the filter of SavePictureDialog*
- D_Free //Frees the DLL

*How to change the filter:
Adding a just a filter is easy, you just need to say the name of the file (can be invented) and the extension.
Example: 'My File Type | *.mft'
But then, how do I add more than one? You just need to add a separator ('|') and do the same steps as above.
Example: 'My File Type | *.mft |My File Type 2 | *.mft2'

Well, I think that's all, any comments or suggestions, post them here.
Download:
Posted Image
PD: I don't know when the Update 1 is coming, but it should be between Monday and Wednesday.

Bye, SN4K3

Edited by SN4K3, 15 October 2006 - 07:04 PM.

#2 Daniel-Dane

Daniel-Dane

GMC Member

• 3581 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 05:36 PM

The file loading/saving already exists: get_open_filename() & get_save_filename() :GM5:.
But I am so glad you came with the picture load, I am about to release my texture primitive creator and that is exactly what I need, hehe.

#3 Invero

Invero

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 01:55 AM

Well, I designed this DLL so you can use windows dialogs, it comes with a very poor example, 'cos I don't ave time to make it better until sunday night. I just say that here is the download, on sunday i'll explain how it works.
Posted Image
PD: Comment it so I can see what to add. I will add color picking, font picking and much more between sunday and monday.

Bye, SN4K3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This Is Awesome !!!!!
But Since I am not the best at coding and I really dont have much time to make stuff like this for some of my small game's this makes things better !
Thanks man and yes this will help me out in learning more about the wonderfull world of gamemaker :GM6:

But I Have One Big Request For The Next Update Do You Think You Can Make All Functions Actaully Work Meaning When You Click On The Save Function It Lets You Save Instead Of Erroring And Lets You Laod And Actaully Laods The Selected Sprite And Applys It To A Certain Object ect.... ?

And The New Functions That You Have Mentioned Sound Very Nice Indeed Hope To See Them Soon And If It's Possible Make Em Work ? Instead Of Just Opening The Dailogs Because Some Of Us Gamemaker Users Still Suck Or Yet Don't Know Much About Gml. :GM5:

Thanks ~

#4 gmjab

gmjab

GMC Member

• 784 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:44 AM

It's nice, but no one will want to use this is if get the dll to show a dialog saying that its powered by this.

#5 Invero

Invero

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 212 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 02:44 PM

It's nice, but no one will want to use this is if get the dll to show a dialog saying that its powered by this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I would use them but is there a way to do this with gml :S ?
Sorry if its a stupid question probly is possible.

but how would you do the sprite laoding dailog box with the image preview on the side ?
The only way I know how to do the sprite laoding is like this :

my_file=get_open_filename('Image Files|*.bmp;*.jpg;*.jpeg;*.gif;*.png|','')
if my_file!='' sprite_replace(blablabla,my_file,1,0,1,0,1,0,0)
if my_file!='' sprite_replace(blabla,my_file,1,0,1,0,1,0,0)

what else would I have to add on that code above for it to show the image preview :S ?

And still cant wait till the new update of this nice dll =)

Thanks ~

#6 Daniel-Dane

Daniel-Dane

GMC Member

• 3581 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 04:54 PM

It's only open file there is possible with GM, you can request the image on Game Makers website.

Btw, I dropped this, I couldn't make it support .bmp, .jpg & .gif.

#7 seel

seel

GMC Member

• 12 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 06:12 PM

Lol can't see why you had the "Powered by ...." thing there.. :S If someone should have that, it should be the GMOpenGL or Xtreem3D. But ofcourse, no-one should have something like that.. They should be able to trust people to give them some kinda credit if it's big.

Edited by seel, 13 October 2006 - 06:13 PM.

#8 SN4K3

SN4K3

GMC Member

• 144 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 05:02 PM

I'm back, see the first post.

#9 THE GAME

THE GAME

GMC Member

• 98 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:18 PM

when i download the *.rar then i c only u dll
no *.GMD *.GM6 *.GMK or *.GML

#10 nossnox

nossnox

GMC Member

• 69 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:17 AM

I get a small window that pops up after i hit the continue button on the somewhat unneeded powered by box, that says.... "Unexpected error occured when running the game." Not sure but I don't think thats a standard 'Windows' error.....

Also if you remove the powered by thing i think this may be a little more usefull, most of the save/load(meaning the window pops up and asks SAVE AS, and such/ Browsing and save/load/open files... I use it alot with my work that i do...) actions can be made in pure GML.....
Still Alive.
Despite coming on only 2 - 3 times a year.

#11 redfeild

redfeild

GMC Member

• 470 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:24 AM

You can do all these things with the windows dialog extensions that comes with GM7!
Posted Image Legalize it Posted Image

#12 ditdingiscool

ditdingiscool

GMC Member

• 335 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:11 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I would use them but is there a way to do this with gml :S ? ...

it is posible, it HAS to be, *opens gamemaker and starts coding*

#13 mrsmes

mrsmes

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1506 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:24 AM

I would rather hate to bump a old topic but I must know if this works with game maker studio as i seriously need it for a software product and all the other programs i had used in the past were over priced malware with a 30 day trial, now my program will expose them and other threats. Upon the software(tiger claw antivirus) opening for the 1st time it will give the user 2 options 1.Delete any threat when detected 2.Let the user choose to erase the threat or always ignore this threat when detected. The tiger claw antivirus then remembers the settings and once every day finds lists of various threats from results of other antivirus programs like hitman pro so anything detected(on pcs and virtual machines) will send those threat signatures to the ds list in which it will then deal with the threat in the way the user selected. The threat will be for once begging the program for mercy instead of a machine begging for mercy... Now back to the topic i simply need this DLL to make the ui look professional and a new DLL for scanning for a threat and if it exists finding the path of the directory of the threat and then i will use game maker studio's file delete function. Now this may all sound a little risky like gmantivirus which turned out to be a rogue, but i assure you that this is safe. What, why? You ask because i need something to erase the pest on my pc that turned malwarebytes into a shortcut to a program that would act as though absolutely nothing happened as if it were a mere icon ._.

Assuming I helped you out in a questions and answers topic won't you return the favour by helping me with one my coding problems, or recommend some one who can chat to me over pms about helping and how to overcome my obstacles, after all lets just say I did help you or them or many people with similar problems, in that topic.

Here i have a topic for those of you struggling with type writer text and mugshots in your games especially if it is a rpg see the link below for more info

http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=619103

almost no code needed, only uses two events.

click here for the l8est version of feed the alien pizza, it has some major polished up features.