This engine is designed for complex Lighting and Shadows in GM6.1 games. It makes extensive use of surfaces, blend modes and primitives inorder to realistically render shadows and lighting. The engine comes in two forms:
- Full: All features Included but slightly slower than the Lite version.
- Lite: Faster and easier to mod.
- Light Bloom: Allows you simulate lights extending out of the monitors contrast ratio by specifying a threshold value at with light begins to glow and spread out. Includes 2 types of blurs, a guassian and a bloom specific guassian blur.
- Soft Shadows: Allows you to cast shadows which soften at the edges. They are most useful for static casters due to the rendering cost involved with casting soft shadows.
- Static Caster System: Three types, including mesh-based, surface based and dynamic surface based. Shadow casters can also be defined as “always dynamic” so they will never cast a static shadow, but will always cast one even with static light casters.
- Emissive Objects/Tiles: Allows shadow casters and other objects to emit their own light and appear to glow.
- Specular Highlights: Allows shadow casters and other objects to realistically reflect light, very useful for materials like metal or for wet surfaces.
- Glow Filter: Allows emissive objects light to spread around obstructing objects.
- Emboss Bump-mapping: Allows objects to appear to have deviations of their surface normal.
- Full z-axis support: Allows shadows to realistically cast based off the relative z positions of the light and shadow casters. Also higher shadows will obscure lower bumpmaps.
- Polygon shadows: create your own shapes. You can also have a different z for each vertex, so you could create a pyramid if you liked.
- Inbuilt Shapes: Optimised inbuilt shape shadow casters, including the commonly used boxes and barrels.
Includes: both L3S engines, Readme & Script Reference.
Mirror 1: http://www.mediafire...04e75f6e8ebb871
Mirror 2: http://www.2shared.c...ght_engine.html
Mirrors thanks to Dylijn. The main mirror appears to be down, I'm not sure if this is permanent or temporary... ask 64digits.
For All you speed freaks out there, heres a little comparison test i made between L3S full,L3S lite and L2S full:
Feel free to post your bug reports, FPS scores, likes/dislikes, questions,etc.
Edited by Adventus, 03 August 2009 - 03:58 AM.