GameMaker Creations (PC and Mac)
General Rules / Guidelines
- The Creations forums (PC and Mac) are for members to post their own finished GameMaker creations. Games posted here may still be updated, but they must be playable and reasonably bug-free, have a good amount of content, with a clear objective and endpoint.
Incomplete and underdeveloped games belong in Works in Progress (PC), or Works in Progress (Mac)
- If you use GM6, we strongly suggest you use Mark's converter program so your posted game is Vista compatible (as a courtesy to others).
- Please read this topic for creations that are NOT ALLOWED.
- Do not post games that are vulgar, pornographic, or offensive to any ethnic or religious group. Post a warning if your game contains mild swearing or graphic violence.
- Prank programs are not allowed.
- Post one topic per game. Game updates should use the original topic -- not a new topic.
- Examples and tutorials belong in the Tutorials Forum. Engines can be posted in Open Source.
- Always follow the Bumping Rules.
- Screenshots are HIGHLY recommended to improve your chances of replies, but they are not required.
- Keep posted images under 800 x 600 pixels, and under 100 kB per image. You may include up to 5 images per post.
- Do not post screenshots with vulgar or offensive content.
- Topics must have either a direct link or a link to a web page made specifically for that game, not just to your home page. Topics with broken links will be closed. If this happens, report your game and provide a working link.
- Installers are allowed, but are STRONGLY discouraged. People usually don't download games with installers.
- You must not require members to register in order to download the game.
- We strongly recommend that you convert your GM6 games to make them Vista compatible before posting them here.
- Reply with compliments or criticism but do not flame or insult the author. Rude or offensive comments may result in your account closure.
- Do not post unless you have played the game, or have questions about the topic. Off-topic spam and will be deleted.
- Report broken links with the REPORT button. Do not post just to say the link is broken.
We recommend this content for topics. The format is optional, but we strongly urge people to follow it -- especially if you're a disorganized 14-year-old. Start off your topic with a description of the game, then include the following information:
- Game Name:
- Category: Arcade, puzzle, shooter, etc.
- File Size:
- GM Version: GM6, GM7, GM8, GM:S
- Vista Compatible: yes / no (Once again, we strongly recommend you use the converter before posting a GM6 game.)
- Screen Resolution: 640 x 480, 600 x 800, etc.
- Changes Screen Resolution: yes / no
- Mulitplayer: yes / no
- Download Link:
Information on Selling Games
You may post games you wish to sell, if you follow these rules:
- Make it clear in your title and in the topic that the game is for sale. People are annoyed by unexpected pop-up screens.
- You must provide a free playable demo.
- Do NOT discuss payment in the topic. All payment options must be on your web page, with a link in your topic leading people there. If you wish to discuss payment with the author, use PM or e-mail.