New Super Mario Bros Sprites

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Proffessor_gad

Proffessor_gad

GMC Member

• 757 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:50 AM

Well, I am thinking of making a computer version of New super mario bros game. But I have a problem - No sprites! Well I already have a few, but I am rather low on even the basic animations. So if any of you can find some, post them here! Thank you.

#2 BlasterBoy

BlasterBoy

GMC Member

• 297 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 02:26 AM

It just came out!
You'll have to wait....

#3 Dark Rogue

Dark Rogue

Semi-Expert Pixeler

• 492 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 15 June 2006 - 03:05 PM

Anyway, aren't the NSMB sprites 3d models?

Posted Image
1 John 4:8

#4 Proffessor_gad

Proffessor_gad

GMC Member

• 757 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:46 PM

Not all of the things are. For example - goombas, fireballs, koopas, bricks (no duh!) luquito cloud, and some others. They are simply high quality 3d-looking sprites.

#5 mvgc3

mvgc3

GMC Member

• 162 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:27 PM

I don't know how there could be ANY sprites right now... the last time I checked there wasn't a working (well, fully working) DS emulator yet.

If there was I'd get some sprites for you -_-

Edited by mvgc3, 15 June 2006 - 08:28 PM.

#6 Proffessor_gad

Proffessor_gad

GMC Member

• 757 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 04:20 AM

I will work with what I have right now. Then once I get the game I will try to take a photo of the game. But if anyone has sprites, please post!

#7 Sponebob Duty101

Sponebob Duty101

GMC Member

• 84 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:45 PM

I got tons of sprites i'll pm them to you :) ::lmao:: :wub: ;) :o :o

#8 Sponebob Duty101

Sponebob Duty101

GMC Member

• 84 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:52 PM

music too if you want it

#9 Sponebob Duty101

Sponebob Duty101

GMC Member

• 84 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:55 PM

error i need your e-mail

#10 Gaming4JC

Gaming4JC

Jesus Loving

• GMC Member
  • 792 posts
  • Version:GM5

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:57 PM

erhmm... no ripping sprites people.

I've never heard of the game or I may try and make some, (but don't expect much If I can't make them...)

Quote: I know sprites are ripped and being used everywhere, but blantantly stating that you will rip any sprite out there using any possible emulator is like shouting out loud you're doing illegal things. I consider that neither smart nor an achievement, so consider this closure for your own benefit. Smarty

Ripping isn't right keep that in mind.

Gaming4JC

smflogox.png (temporarily deactivated)
Making 3d, pixel art, backgrounds, logos, and stuff. Unless otherwise stated all my stuff is CC-BY-3.0 which is an easy going license.
For God so loved the world(You & Me), that he gave his only begotten Son(Jesus Christ who died for you on the cross), that whosoever believeth in him should not perish(In Hell,the lake of fire), but have everlasting life(In Heaven with him!). John 3:16(KJV) -- Are you a good person? Find Out with this free test

#11 gman2212

gman2212

GMC Member

• 51 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:58 PM

I've seen some on the MFGG.
Note: the site may not be available for a couple of days, just to let you know.

#12 Proffessor_gad

Proffessor_gad

GMC Member

• 757 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:45 AM

Wow. I didn't expect so many replies. Well after searching google I found some more, but I am still missing alot. Here are some of the ones I need - Luigi animations, more enemies, backdrops(bushes and trees), backgrounds, platforms, and bosses. For those of you who have some, my email is Proffessor_gad@hotmail.com

#13 Cheat_Lord10

Cheat_Lord10

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 02:00 AM

If you're looking for sprites, look at all these:

Spriter's Resource - Nintendo

It has sprite's for a lot of nintendo sprites: Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, and more! :)

#14 Dark Rogue

Dark Rogue

Semi-Expert Pixeler

• 492 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 22 June 2006 - 02:32 AM

At G4JC : Emulators are legal if you have the game. Although, most people don't really follow those rules and get whatever....

Posted Image
1 John 4:8

#15 Gaming4JC

Gaming4JC

Jesus Loving

• GMC Member
  • 792 posts
  • Version:GM5

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:52 PM

At G4JC : Emulators are legal if you have the game. Although, most people don't really follow those rules and get whatever....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes,
I've read up on it. I myself have some LEGAL emulators. I have playstation and I can play playstation games on the computer with ePSXe all I have to do is insert the disk and wallah it plays.

Fusion/KEGA is great for my sega genesis games

And bgb plays great gameboy colors.

BUT the ripping of sprites from those games is illegal.

And it is illegal for you to have the emulator if you don't have the game system.
I have Sega Genesis, Playstation, and GameBoy Color.

Mostly it's how you use the emulator, not the emulator itself.

I've been making custom made sprites while looking at the emulator screen however. So I know thier legal it's my own creation :)

Some sprites I've made are on GameLanguage.com but thier site is still underconstruction.

Edited by Gaming4JC, 22 June 2006 - 12:54 PM.

smflogox.png (temporarily deactivated)
Making 3d, pixel art, backgrounds, logos, and stuff. Unless otherwise stated all my stuff is CC-BY-3.0 which is an easy going license.
For God so loved the world(You & Me), that he gave his only begotten Son(Jesus Christ who died for you on the cross), that whosoever believeth in him should not perish(In Hell,the lake of fire), but have everlasting life(In Heaven with him!). John 3:16(KJV) -- Are you a good person? Find Out with this free test

#16 Proffessor_gad

Proffessor_gad

GMC Member

• 757 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 03:37 AM

Using ripped sprites with permission from the company is not illegal.... At least I don't think it is. I will have to check up on that a bit later.

But as of now the game isn't getting really far, so I don't think that I will release it. Its to early to release it, I mean I don't want to ruin Nintendo's business now do I? Thanks for the sprites anyway(If you posted any, that is). Cya.

#17 Sponebob Duty101

Sponebob Duty101

GMC Member

• 84 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 03:40 AM

Oh come on can't you please at least do a demo pwetty pwease!! -_- -_-

#18 Dark Chainsaw

Dark Chainsaw

GMC Member

• 217 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 02:18 PM

try to use www.panelmonkey.com <=== maybe u will find sprites there... -_-

#19 Proffessor_gad

Proffessor_gad

GMC Member

• 757 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 08:28 PM

I would post the demo if I had a working mario.... But the camera seems to be all right :P . I guess I will have to post it in the wip section(work in progress) later on this week. Thanx for your all your help anyway.

#20 the luigi

the luigi

GMC Member

• 124 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 04:36 PM

I got tons of sprites i'll pm them to you :rolleyes:  :huh:  :P  :o  :D  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey can you give me sprites to please? im new and i want to make a game...infact i have 4 levels done but i need more sprites

#21 the luigi

the luigi

GMC Member

• 124 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 04:46 PM

Well, I am thinking of making a computer version of New super mario bros game. But I have a problem - No sprites! Well I already have a few, but I am rather low on even the basic animations. So if any of you can find some, post them here! Thank you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh and people are ripping them from the official NSMB site. go there and make your own that you need...if there there

#22 Omega Metroid

Omega Metroid

GMC Member

• 1706 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 05:53 PM

Ripped sprites are illeagal.
Emulators of any sort are illeagal, just check the handbook you got with the console, it specifically says you are not allowed to create 'backup' games or consoles, and tampering violates the terms of service and voids the warrenty.
Emulators are illegal entirely, there is no 24 hour law.
These sprites are 3D anyways, making them near impossible to sprite, lots of the graphics are highly animated, making it even harder.

Pick up a law book on copyrights, you noobs.

OM
The purpose of this board is to help others. Do your best to do so.

If you have a problem, first check the forums if there is already a topic. If not, think a moment if there would be a nice tutorial to help you out with your issue then look for it. If not, Gather all the details you can, and then make a post in the novice and intermediate boards. If the topic doesn't get resolved there, ask a mod to move it to advanced. Remember, we're all trying to help each other here.

#23 JJJ_dude

JJJ_dude

GMC Member

• 19 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 02:47 AM

um... yes, emulators and ripping sprites and stuff is illeagil, but who cares? its not like nintendos going to go out of buisness because some one-man gamemaker make a crappy (compared to nintendo) game using their sprites and the webs so big the chances are no one will notice. now ive finished my lecture... rip away!

(emulators better not be illegalcause if they are theyrse a price on my head...)

#24 Gm6guy

Gm6guy

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 08:08 PM

Putfile.comWell, i do have these sprites that i found on the internet, but megamario looks like crap cause o the jpg compression but click there and the nsmb sprite problem will be solved. Sorry for putting the link at the begginning of my post.

Edited by Gm6guy, 19 July 2006 - 08:09 PM.

#25 program1357

program1357

GMC Member

• 65 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 02:29 PM

Here a some i found on another forum! There all from New Super Mario Bros. for DS.New Super Mario Bros-- Sprites

#26 i am uh

i am uh

GMC Member

• 412 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 02:56 PM

i took the time to rip a few.
here ya go.

Posted Image

#27 tonev2

tonev2

GMC Member

• 22 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 08:54 PM

http://www.mfgg.net/...=03&c=1&id=8775

#28 Proffessor_gad

Proffessor_gad

GMC Member

• 757 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 09:21 PM

Wow. I thought that this thread was dead a long time ago...

So please close it. I'm not making 2d games much anymore, especially when it comes to 2d games that are just rip-offs of Nintendo's games. Sorry for the hassle.

(If it doesn't get closed, I'll pm a mod to close this embarrasing thread)