#1 Blijbol

Blijbol

Happy business

• GMC Member
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:11 AM

Window DLL

Hello,

:P This DLL is deprecated. It is highly recommended to use my Game Appearance Extension instead, which contains more features than this DLL. Click here!

This DLL allows you to automatically minimize, maximize and restore the game window by just calling the corresponding DLL function. There are also two functions to get whether the window is currently minimized respectively maximized. It can also set the focus on the window and check whether the window has focus currently.

Download (10.7 kB)

Written in Pascal, comments and suggestions are welcome -_-

Edited by Blijbol, 28 December 2007 - 10:11 AM.

Blijbol OnScore 2 Extend your games with online highscore lists! New version!

Joystick OEM Name DLL Controller name as in Control Panel.
Registry Reader DLL Full read access to the Windows Registry.
Game Appearance Extension Control the game window and taskbar button in detail!
INI Data Structure Extension Much better than GM's INI functions.

Games and software: Slimeball Deluxe (digital arcade volleyball) Blijbol Snake 2 (traditional snake including a Maze Editor) Flood (try to escape from the water) Blijbol Memory (find the pairs) Game Maker Quiz (test your GM knowledge) More at Games.Blijbol.nl and Software.blijbol.nl
My website: Blijbol.nl (English/Dutch) | User of Game Maker 7.0 Pro | Moderator of the Dutch Game Maker Community

#2 SleeK GeeK

SleeK GeeK

The Biggest And The Best

• 769 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 11:17 AM

It would be better if you combined this dll with your taskbar dll. Because both of them are related to modifying the features of the window.

Regards,
SleeK GeeK.

#3 Nikola Djurinec

Nikola Djurinec

GMC Member

• 22 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 16 July 2006 - 02:14 PM

Great!!!!

#4 Blijbol

Blijbol

Happy business

• GMC Member
  • 313 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:03 PM

Update!

I managed to drop the DLL file size from 118 kB to just 16 kB! Also version information has been added to the DLL file.

Also a bug in the scripts (and in the example) has been corrected, which caused that under some circumstances the DLL functions didn't work. It did not take in count that the window handle of the game window can change. It is recommended to replace the old scripts by the new ones.

Download link in first post.

Yes, these are the same changes as to my Taskbar DLL

SleeK GeeK, feel free to use both of the DLLs together. I might merge them in future.

Edited by Blijbol, 14 September 2006 - 06:04 PM.

Blijbol OnScore 2 Extend your games with online highscore lists! New version!

Joystick OEM Name DLL Controller name as in Control Panel.
Registry Reader DLL Full read access to the Windows Registry.
Game Appearance Extension Control the game window and taskbar button in detail!
INI Data Structure Extension Much better than GM's INI functions.

Games and software: Slimeball Deluxe (digital arcade volleyball) Blijbol Snake 2 (traditional snake including a Maze Editor) Flood (try to escape from the water) Blijbol Memory (find the pairs) Game Maker Quiz (test your GM knowledge) More at Games.Blijbol.nl and Software.blijbol.nl
My website: Blijbol.nl (English/Dutch) | User of Game Maker 7.0 Pro | Moderator of the Dutch Game Maker Community

#5 zzyz

zzyz

GMC Member

• 241 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:48 PM

It would be better if you combined this dll with your taskbar dll. Because both of them are related to modifying the features of the window.

Regards,
SleeK GeeK.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, it hard enough to manage (N_menu, BZ_toolbar, so to add another 2 would be a major headache)

Great Little additons, thx for the effort!

zzyz

#6 tristiano77

tristiano77

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 349 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:31 AM

thx lots.

#7 mrsmes

mrsmes

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1506 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:23 AM

is it possible to have it in a .gex for commercial usage... wow, it's a mazing, except does the window have to have a border for it to work, because I want it so it's for my own customized minimize button, so that I can use it for the skin of my dock...

Edited by mrsmes, 26 October 2008 - 12:08 PM.

Assuming I helped you out in a questions and answers topic won't you return the favour by helping me with one my coding problems, or recommend some one who can chat to me over pms about helping and how to overcome my obstacles, after all lets just say I did help you or them or many people with similar problems, in that topic.

Here i have a topic for those of you struggling with type writer text and mugshots in your games especially if it is a rpg see the link below for more info

http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=619103

almost no code needed, only uses two events.

click here for the l8est version of feed the alien pizza, it has some major polished up features.