• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Blijbol

Blijbol

Happy business

• GMC Member
  • 313 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 05:19 PM

Ever wanted to allow people to create plug-ins for your games? Or want to provide updates without having to recompile the executable? Then this is the right script package for you!

Blijbol Public Plug-in System provides these features. Just put a little piece of GML in the running directory of the game and it will be loaded at the start of the game. In addition to this, the system uses a unique system to scan all GML code and to protect you against decompilation of your game. This scanner can optionally emulate Game Maker's Secure mode to protect against trojan horses.

The package contains an extensive manual to help you with every step of installation of the scripts and the development of plug-ins. There are also four example plug-ins included.

Download:
http://download.blij...hp?file=PPS.zip

Any comments, suggestions, bug reports are welcome. :)

Blijbol
Blijbol OnScore 2 Extend your games with online highscore lists! New version!

Joystick OEM Name DLL Controller name as in Control Panel.
Registry Reader DLL Full read access to the Windows Registry.
Game Appearance Extension Control the game window and taskbar button in detail!
INI Data Structure Extension Much better than GM's INI functions.

Games and software: Slimeball Deluxe (digital arcade volleyball) Blijbol Snake 2 (traditional snake including a Maze Editor) Flood (try to escape from the water) Blijbol Memory (find the pairs) Game Maker Quiz (test your GM knowledge) More at Games.Blijbol.nl and Software.blijbol.nl
My website: Blijbol.nl (English/Dutch) | User of Game Maker 7.0 Pro | Moderator of the Dutch Game Maker Community

#2 coolsmile

coolsmile

Programmer

• 1346 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 10:06 PM

Sounds Great, Downlaoding now

#3 dahack

dahack

GMC Member

• 33 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 01:46 PM

Wow, i was looking for something like this long time ago, thks :)

#4 GamerNet

GamerNet

ASCII Games designer

• 26 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 02:24 PM

Great example!! 10/10

#5 Fox-NL

Fox-NL

I wanna fly high

• 620 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 02:51 PM

You should add encryption, because people can easy modify the scripts you made when you have an exe and some bpp files...

Here is an encryption script you can use:
[font="Courier New"]<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>/***  ENCRYPTION****  out = scr_cipher(in,key,mode);****  takes:**      in      input, string**      key     enciphering key, string**      mode    0 = decipher, 1 = encipher****  returns:**      out     a string, deciphered or enciphered using**              a simple Vigenere style cipher****  copyright © 2005, John Leffingwell**  www.planetxot.com*/<strong class='bbc'>var</strong> in,key,mode,out;in = argument0;key = argument1;mode = argument2;out = "";<strong class='bbc'>var</strong> inLen,keyLen,pos,inChar,keyChar,outChar;<strong class='bbc'>var</strong> inVal,keyVal,outVal;inLen = string_length(in);keyLen = string_length(key);<strong class='bbc'>for</strong> (pos=0;pos<inLen;pos+=1) <strong class='bbc'>{</strong>    inChar = string_char_at(in,pos+1);    keyChar = string_char_at(key,(pos <strong class='bbc'>mod</strong> keyLen)+1);    inVal = ord(inChar);    keyVal = ord(keyChar);    <strong class='bbc'>if</strong> (mode) <strong class='bbc'>{</strong>        outVal = (inVal + keyVal) <strong class='bbc'>mod</strong> 256;    <strong class='bbc'>}</strong><strong class='bbc'>else</strong><strong class='bbc'>{</strong>        outVal = (256 + inVal - keyVal) <strong class='bbc'>mod</strong> 256;    <strong class='bbc'>}</strong>    outChar = [color="#000080"]chr(outVal);    out = out + outChar;<strong class='bbc'>}</strong><strong class='bbc'>return</strong> out;</span>

#6 al_soft

al_soft

GMC Member

• 10 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 03:23 PM

Can you write a help file in any other text formats, please.
Because when I open your help file itr says no connection to a webpage.

#7 Blijbol

Blijbol

Happy business

• GMC Member
  • 313 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 05:58 PM

FoxNL, I'm considering adding encryption, but I assume your script is to easy to decrypt. You could search for special symbols and words like 'if', 'else', which often occur in GML, but also things like 'object_event_add' and other functions which are commonly used in plug-ins. The problem in your script is that every character is replaced by another, and it is quite easy to figure out which encrypted character belongs to which original character.

I really need a encryption system specially written to encrypt GML code. I'm considering of writing one myself.

al_soft, the manual works fine for me.

Games and software: Slimeball Deluxe (digital arcade volleyball) Blijbol Snake 2 (traditional snake including a Maze Editor) Flood (try to escape from the water) Blijbol Memory (find the pairs) Game Maker Quiz (test your GM knowledge) More at Games.Blijbol.nl and Software.blijbol.nl
My website: Blijbol.nl (English/Dutch) | User of Game Maker 7.0 Pro | Moderator of the Dutch Game Maker Community

#8 benger

benger

creator of egolation

• Validating
  • 287 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 06:01 PM

You can downlaod the gm-databse at www.gamemaker.nl there is a very strong enctyption program in in-clued wich can create gml encryption scripts

#9 Blijbol

Blijbol

Happy business

• GMC Member
  • 313 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 06:16 PM

You can downlaod the gm-databse at www.gamemaker.nl there is a very strong enctyption program in in-clued wich can create gml encryption scripts

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know that package and I've already written something similar myself, but the problem is that it isn't optimized for encrypting GML code, as I explained in my previous reply. What I am trying to say is that a normal encryption script isn't enough; you need a special script for encrypting GML code.

#10 kovreu01

kovreu01

Gary Z

• 173 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 01:40 AM

I've been waiting for this for ages. Rock on man!

#11 Bander

Bander

GMC Member

• 168 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 06:20 PM

Use SuperCrypt. It can encryt files, not just strings. So encrypt your GML files with some random garbage file filled with nonsense like

sdiluf ylbcsauexaculkfhsiufhasukifhasuifhiushfaksudhakius
dfhauik.
Posted Image

#12 Blijbol

Blijbol

Happy business

• GMC Member
  • 313 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:22 PM

Use SuperCrypt. It can encryt files, not just strings. So encrypt your GML files with some random garbage file filled with nonsense like

sdiluf ylbcsauexaculkfhsiufhasukifhasuifhiushfaksudhakius
dfhauik.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As I said before, I don't want 'standard' encryption scripts but a special way of encryption that is designed to encrypt GML code. Please stop suggesting encryption scripts. I already explained to FoxNL that 'standard' encryptions would be too easy to crack; maybe others could read that reply too. I'm already writing an encryption system myself.

#13 Jax

Jax

GMC Member

• 232 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 09:12 PM

how do you make .bpp files so i can make a plug in with this

Edited by Jax, 18 July 2006 - 09:12 PM.

#14 the bull

the bull

GMC Member

• 176 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 01:54 AM

Open notepad,write something and save it as .bpp .You should copy+paste from GM :)

Edited by the bull, 19 July 2006 - 01:55 AM.

#15 Jax

Jax

GMC Member

• 232 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 03:37 PM

thanks! This plug-in systen is awsome!

#16 9_6

9_6

• GMC Member
  • 3627 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 06:14 PM

What's so great about it?
Doesn't this just execute the file?
And how would this 'protect from decompilation'?
(let alone that a gm exe isn't even compiled)

#17 Blijbol

Blijbol

Happy business

• GMC Member
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 02:17 PM

What's so great about it?
Doesn't this just execute the file?
And how would this 'protect from decompilation'?
(let alone that a gm exe isn't even compiled)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, instead it reads the contents of the file, and changes function names before executing the code to prevent the user from calling script_get_text(). Also function names like execute_string() are replaced to prevent against e.g. execute_string('show_message(script_get_text(1));');

#18 9_6

9_6

• GMC Member
  • 3627 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 05:22 PM

Ok that makes sense.

#19 clam_is_good_29

clam_is_good_29

GMC Member

• 44 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:14 AM

I have an idea for a GML encryption system. You give every keyword and function a two-byte (65536 possibilities) or three-byte (16777216 possibilities) id number, write that to file, and then encrypt the file using a standard algorithm. I'd make an example, but it would be a pain to map every keyword and function to a number.

#20 Gupocca

Gupocca

Artist

• GMC Member
  • 644 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 25 July 2006 - 07:30 PM

This is awsome! Good job!

#21 9_6

9_6

• GMC Member
  • 3627 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 07:58 PM

I have an idea for a GML encryption system. You give every keyword and function a two-byte (65536 possibilities) or three-byte (16777216 possibilities) id number, write that to file, and then encrypt the file using a standard algorithm. I'd make an example, but it would be a pain to map every keyword and function to a number.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that's pretty much what he wanted to do.
Would decrease the filesize too.

#22 Blijbol

Blijbol

Happy business

• GMC Member
  • 313 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 11:57 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that's pretty much what he wanted to do.
Would decrease the filesize too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed, that's what I want. However, I am currently busy with another extending gm project, so this one's paused. If you manage to write such an encryption system, I'll give instructions how to implement in PPS.

#23 Tahnok

Tahnok

Friendly Madman

• GMC Member
  • 1854 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 29 July 2006 - 12:35 AM

I don't get it, why would you want to encrypt the plug-in? I mean really, stop kidding yourself, are you really going to make a plug-in script so unique that they have to guard it? You're whole source code, yes, but just a script?!

Anyway, this may be useful to me. I’ll have to look into it a bit, but I think I may be able to modify it to my likings.

gmc_signature.png

#24 werewolf688

werewolf688

Real Werewolf

• 151 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 06:38 PM

Whenever I try to read the help file it says "Cannot connect to web page". :blink:
0/10, I can't even use it. :(