400 replies to this topic

#301 Alert Games

Alert Games

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1118 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:42 PM

Wow, this thing is so complex it isn't funny. I just want to play my music without the breaks in between the looping. I'm very confused.

#302 Uzaki

Uzaki

GMC Member

• 409 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:34 PM

Sorry to bump an old topic (no matter how awesome its content is), but I want to use .nsf music that I made into my game, but does that mean I have to download WinAmp? And if I do, does that mean that all the people who play my game need to have WinAmp too?

#303 Potnop

Potnop

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3103 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 04:37 AM

Haven't posted here in a while...

Is there a way to make this not crash out if there is no sound card on the computer? I tested by disabling my card from the device manager and it closes the game. I was trying to add some messages that say, (Failed to initialize sound system. The game will run without sound. There may be a problem with the sound card, or maybe the sound card isn't plugged in.) But it quits even though I promise the user that it'll run. I don't think a game should totally quit just because of a lack of sound support.
Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his powerlevel?!? It's ovER 9000!!!!!
I ownt read da script, script reads me.

Link To The Super Crew Topic / Link To Colonial Commando Topic
Platform Pathfinding Example Download it here!
Editable Early Version Level Editor(Nice @$$ stuff, check it out) Download it here!

#304 flea rowen

flea rowen

GMC Member

• 13 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:08 PM

i start using this dll with game maker 7 but when the game end, there is a bug. i think that someone hav the same bug...anythink can be done?

#305 dk81584

dk81584

Program Maker

• 171 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 03:49 AM

I have made a program with the FMOD and i saw the $100 a game thing if i give the game for free i wont have to pay anything right?
Signature removed due to size restriction violation. The old signature is placed in the About Me section of the user's profile.

#306 dk81584

dk81584

Program Maker

• 171 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 04:04 AM

Haven't posted here in a while...

Is there a way to make this not crash out if there is no sound card on the computer?  I tested by disabling my card from the device manager and it closes the game.  I was trying to add some messages that say, (Failed to initialize sound system.  The game will run without sound.  There may be a problem with the sound card, or maybe the sound card isn't plugged in.)  But it quits even though I promise the user that it'll run.  I don't think a game should totally quit just because of a lack of sound support.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In the sxfmod_create or whatever it is called, change the 1 to a 0 therefor fmod doesnt return any errors, its quite useful for getting albums, composers, etc. in a song.
Signature removed due to size restriction violation. The old signature is placed in the About Me section of the user's profile.

#307 Potnop

Potnop

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3103 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:20 AM

Oh so it won't crash anymore? But it's useful for getting other errors though... That's almost like setting the "treat uninitialized variables as 0" option to on. I guess I can have it do that once I actually put the game out for playing...

Edited by Potnop, 12 May 2007 - 06:21 AM.

Editable Early Version Level Editor(Nice @$$ stuff, check it out) Download it here!

#308 dk81584

dk81584

Program Maker

• 171 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:53 AM

Thanks Shaltif for your really cool dll, with it i was able to make this program.

Forum With Game

#309 Speewave123

Speewave123

GMC Member

• 67 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 04:48 PM

I have made a program with the FMOD and i saw the $100 a game thing if i give the game for free i wont have to pay anything right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No problems for Freeware but if you give as ShareWare (DEMO free\ Buy Later)
or Sell =100usd or more

im workin on something for use as MOD\OGG\S3M\XM\IT\MP3\WAV but i wish i stuff like a Winamp Wrapper.

For The People who say complicated. He made a GM Extenstion (GM7) for Winamp Wrapper and i think FMOD (didnt see lately)

#310 Potnop

Potnop

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3103 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:19 AM

Quick question. Does this play wav files compressed with the Xbox ADPCM thing? I'm trying to extract some halo sounds and the only way for them to work is if I have this codec installed.

#311 Speewave123

Speewave123

GMC Member

• 67 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:17 AM

Quick question. Does this play wav files compressed with the Xbox ADPCM thing? I'm trying to extract some halo sounds and the only way for them to work is if I have this codec installed.

It Might.. you could try.. if not the WinAmp Community has thousands of in_ plugs

load from that

or try converting it with DirectX's XACT (Cross Platform [X] Audio Creation tool) - microsoft made it for 2 reasons - Tick of Stupid Linux\BSD Users of DirectX and To Convert Audio from XBOX 360 to Windows PC

i was wondering now... if i made a Freeware Game. Free to anyone and sold a copy of it on eBay do i need a Licence? and If i sent to a company that contains Licences for FMOD do i have to pay for Fmod? Just kind of wondering B)

#312 dk81584

dk81584

Program Maker

• 171 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:06 PM

Oh so it won't crash anymore?  But it's useful for getting other errors though...  That's almost like setting the "treat uninitialized variables as 0" option to on.  I guess I can have it do that once I actually put the game out for playing...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes it is, it is the only way

#313 Potnop

Potnop

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3103 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:35 AM

Ill try that converter thing. I was looking for one on Google but couldnt find it. I'm just trying to create a quick game for school based on Halo and the only Halo sound I need is the assault rifle.

Wow, umm. Where can I find this XACT thing. I found a wikipedia article. The rest is other things that XACT stands for. Is it free?

OK forget the XACT thing. It's a 400 MB DL.

I'm using the sxeasy scripts for this. I initilized it like this.
sxms_create(working_directory+"\SXMS-3.dll",1);

sxeasy_init(1);

I have an sxms dummy object as well. The problem is playing it. I haven't used this in a very long time so I'm a bit rusty. Here's my code for playing the sound.

sxeasy_play(working_directory+"Resources\Act01\Sounds\ArifleFire.wav",0,sxms.FMOD_CHANNEL_FREE)

It fails every time. The path is correct, and I tried using a normal wav sound not compressed with the XBOX ADPCM thing. It still failed, on a totally normal sound. What else might I be missing? Are my other arguments incorrect?

Edited by Potnop, 17 May 2007 - 02:26 AM.

#314 correojon

correojon

custom title

• 461 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 08:10 AM

I read somewhere in this forum that Shaltif had created an example of simple voice recognition using SXMS2 (they said someting about a ball that could move up, down, left and right). I´ve searched for it but haven´t been able to find anything, can someone please tell me where can I download it? Or has a newer version of this appear using SXMS3?

Thanks in advance

#315 Potnop

Potnop

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3103 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:41 PM

I saw that example!!! I think it was by coderchris and I don't think it used SXMS. At least the one I saw...

Someone be sure to answer my simple question up above...

#316 Speewave123

Speewave123

GMC Member

• 67 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:51 PM

OK forget the XACT thing.  It's a 400 MB DL.

i know!!! sux. but it comes with the DX9 SDK and i think that XNA CraP!

for the arguments:

i read something about a dummy object called sxms u have to make? dunno

#317 Uzaki

Uzaki

GMC Member

• 409 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:53 PM

Please answer my question here.

Edited by Uzaki, 18 May 2007 - 08:54 PM.

#318 Potnop

Potnop

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3103 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 02:59 AM

Yeah, I made the dummy object. You don't need to place it in the game anywhrere right? I think it gets created automatically...

It initializes and creates the system correctly. It just can't play the damn sound.

Edited by Potnop, 19 May 2007 - 03:00 AM.

#319 correojon

correojon

custom title

• 461 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 01:33 PM

I saw that example!!!  I think it was by coderchris and I don't think it used SXMS.  At least the one I saw...

Someone be sure to answer my simple question up above...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I read ina thred that Shaltif himself said that he had created the example himself using SXMS2. But maybe we are talking about different exmaples...anyway, can you provide a link or something? ´Cause I can´t find either of them :(

#320 Potnop

Potnop

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3103 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:44 PM

I saw it long ago. I'm sure the one I saw was by coder chris. So yeah, I guess they are different examples...

#321 Potnop

Potnop

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3103 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:43 AM

Bumping up since its been a while...

When using sxms_systemCreateSound or whatever its called is there a way to dynamically assign a number to a sound instance? Instead of manually setting it to a value from 1-255 can it find a free instance id? Or would I have to do this manually with a little for loop? I can easily do this, but I wanna know if I don't even need to.

And, so, it's only possible to have 256 sounds loaded at once? Would this mean I'd have to unload some sounds if there's more? I'm afraid 256 might not be enough although I have a feeling it should be... And is it a good idea to have that many created?

OK, now I'm wondering how to check if a sound is playing or not. I tried sxfmod_channel_isPlaying() and it seems to return true at all times even after the sound in that channel stopped playing. And I initialized my system to have 16 channels. If I have it check if a channel other than the one on which the song was that I had playing is playing it says an invalid argument was passed to the function, which is a direct FMOD error message.

And I made a little dynamic sound creation system. This way instead of saying what number song should play you can have it be a variable name so it's easier to remember, and it finds a free index when you create the sound. I thought I'd share it with you guys because it makes a lot of stuff easier.

You add this code into sxms_internal(). It's an array that stores what indexes are free or not.
//sound availability
for(i = 0; i <= 255; i += 1)
{
    soundExists[i] = false;
}

Make a new script called scSoundFindFree. If you change the name to what you want be sure you rename it in the wrapper script I give below.
//finds a free sound index for fmod and returns it
for(i = 0; i<= 255; i += 1)
{
    if(!sxms.soundExists[i])
    {
        return(i);
    }
}

This script is a wrapper for the sxfmod_system_createSound() script. I called it scSystemSoundCreateWrapper. It doesn't really matter what you call this one though. It uses the above function to find a free index if you set argument3 to -1. Otherwise it allows you to manually set the index number just as you would normally.
//A wrapper for sxfmod_system_createSound to find free index and return that value
//For specific arg descrpitions look in sxfmod_system_createSound
/*
argument0 = STRING - The filepath and name of a file to load.
argument1 = REAL   - Any extended flags for the loaded file:  FMOD_
argument2 = REAL   - Use FMOD_CREATESOUNDEXINFO (1) or not (0)
argument3 = REAL   - The index for the loaded sound (0-255)
*/

//either finds a free channel or the specific one
var freeIndex;

if(argument3 == -1)
{
    freeIndex = scSoundFindFree();
}
else
{
    freeIndex = argument3;
}

if(sxfmod_system_createSound(argument0,argument1,argument2,freeIndex) == 1)
{
    sxms.soundExists[freeIndex] = true;
    return freeIndex;
}

It also returns the index number so you can do this:
global.soPistol = scSystemSoundCreateWrapper(arg0,arg1,arg2,-1);

And then when playing the sound you write in global.soPistol instead of the number of the index like you would have had to before. Or you can use it any other time you have to reference a specific sound index.

This script removes all sound indexes from fmod. This way if you are loading a different level and need to precache a different set of resources you can do this. I called it scSoundReleaseAll. This one also doesn't really matter what you call it.
//releses all sounds from fmod
for(i = 0; i<= 255; i += 1)
{
    if(sxms.soundExists[i])
    {
        sxfmod_sound_release(i);
    }
}

If it's already been done or is possible without all my scripts then O well. If it's possible without my scripts then can you guys tell me how to do the stuff directly with SXMS? Also tell me if you guys run into problems with my code, like if there are bugs, or you just can't get it to work. I didn't extensively test this or anything...

Edited by Potnop, 28 May 2007 - 06:58 AM.

#322 revolutiongames2004

revolutiongames2004

GMC Member

• 54 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:05 PM

could you explain to me how to set up a sound, then change its frequency..
im having a bit of trouble with this

#323 tdmgames

tdmgames

GMC Member

• 1641 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:33 PM

i dnt think it works on my PC.

I got to a program which led me here, that program didn't work

And now i try this it doesn't work. it wont let me open external files
OH Balls!

Domain change: If any of my links do you not, please PM me and I will send you a working link :)

t3mp3st+Me+BMG = t3mp3st's edited avatar with changing colour effect.

#324 jobro

jobro

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1300 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:27 PM

Hmmm, I'm having the same problem. And it is specialy with the Winamp plugins. Are you sure this works with GM7? :whistle:

I'm also having some problem with the initialize:

for object DarkAffairs:

In script sxwamp_stop:
Error in code at line 1:
   /*Shaltif's Xtreme Music and Sound--The Fmod / WinAmp Wrapper for Game Maker--Brandon Rohrer © 2003-2006============================================sx
wamp_stop();===No Arguments===return = NULL===//Com:      Stops all current playback.*/return external_call(sxms.dll_sxwamp_stop);

at position 277: Unknown variable dll_sxwamp_stop

Care to give a helping hand?

Edited by jobro, 12 July 2007 - 10:40 PM.

Marketplace.png

#325 FoxBlitzz

FoxBlitzz

GMC Member

• 191 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:53 PM

Okay, question. I've got SXFMod playing OGG music on the first channel, with sounds being played on the other 31 channels. By default, telling it to use the next free channel will have it cycle channels 1 through 32 to play sounds, and then after that, play on the first channel and cycle through again. This makes the 32nd sound played reuse the channel that's playing the music, causing the song to halt. If I set the first channel's priority to 0, this solves the interruption problem, but then it starts continuously reusing channel 32 to play sounds, which means that after a while, only one sound effect will play at once. Am I missing something here? I must be doing something wrong with my channel organization, because this isn't coming out how I want it to.

Edit: Also, is it safe to delete the scripts pertaining to Winamp side of the plugin, if I'm not going to use them? I'd assume I could, but I'm just checking. It would be nice to reduce EXE size and loading time by removing something I don't need.

Edited by FoxBlitzz, 26 July 2007 - 10:03 PM.

#326 AdilFaQah

AdilFaQah

Whiz Kid

• GMC Member
  • 2747 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:18 AM

Sorry if this question seems kinda dumb. Actually I used the function from the first example to load a .ogg file externally and play it. But how can I do it so that I can play multiple files at once? I tried searching the manual but couldn't find the answer.

Your help would be appreciated.

-AdilFaQah

#327 freko

freko

The Professional

• GMC Member
  • 504 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 02:42 PM

SXMS doesn't play multiple files.
However it can be best use as a music system,but not worth for a SFX system.

#328 AdilFaQah

AdilFaQah

Whiz Kid

• GMC Member
  • 2747 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:29 AM

Nooo! This can't be true!

There MUST be a way around it!

The thing is I am using sxms to play some background music for my game, but meanwhile I have some other voice acting files (.ogg format) that I need to play as well!

Any idea?

-AdilFaQah

#329 freko

freko

The Professional

• GMC Member
  • 504 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 12:52 PM

SXMS doesn't have the capability of playing more than one sound at a time.
Everytime you try playing the second sound it will automatically unload the previous one,keeping only 1 sound in memory and thats why its process is fast.
I guarantee that,unless if this is a beta,we could expect that in the final version

Edited by freko, 06 August 2007 - 12:55 PM.

#330 AdilFaQah

AdilFaQah

Whiz Kid

• GMC Member
  • 2747 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:29 AM

Oh nevermind, I am now importing the files externally and delete them when their work is done.

-AdilFaQah

#331 corne

corne

GMC Member

• 13 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:57 PM

I have one question. How can i set a number on pause? Is this possible with sxms?

Edited by corne, 09 August 2007 - 08:35 PM.

#332 kakemot

kakemot

GMC Member

• 461 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 04:43 PM

Oggs wont loop! OH NO!

Why? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Figured!

Edited by kakemot, 12 August 2007 - 03:04 AM.

#333 Mynameisonic

Mynameisonic

GMC Member

• 170 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:14 PM

This may be a nooby question, but is there any chance that this could play .mt2 music, if I can find a Winamp extension for it? It's the modular export format for MadTracker 2. I would just use a different fomat, (mod, xm, etc) but the synth instrument plugins in MadTracker are really nice.
Posted Image

#334 Phil_T

Phil_T

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 12:10 PM

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I've hit a very small snag; I can set the position of the music with the following:

sxfmod_channel_setPosition(sxms.easyChannel,1,sxms.FMOD_TIMEUNIT_MS);
No worries there. But I can't seem to get the music to return to that point when it reaches a certain moment in the music. Using "if (sxfmod_channel_getPosition... =" doesn't seem to do it. Any help?

Edited by Phil_T, 18 August 2007 - 12:11 PM.

Studying Interactive Production (Ma.)
Used to be reasonably good at GM, trying to get back into it...
Please be patient. :)

#335 Potnop

Potnop

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3103 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:34 AM

SXMS doesn't have the capability of playing more than one sound at a time.
Everytime you try playing the second sound it will automatically unload the previous one,keeping only 1 sound in memory and thats why its process is fast.
I guarantee that,unless if this is a beta,we could expect that in the final version

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you serious!!!!! Or do you mean streaming?

I seem to be having a problem with SXMS cutting sounds off. I just got it to work for my in game sound effects, and I have it set up to play with 12 channels. Before I only had my game playing background music and never noticed this until now...

It seems to be cutting off the previous sound whenever another sound plays. Is this really what's happening? What's the point of having more than once channel if only 1 sound is playing?

Or am I doing something wrong? Every time I have it play a sound I have it do FMOD_CHANNEL_FREE so it should find a free channel right?

Hmmm, here's something I found on page 1 or 2 that Shaltif said.

SXMS-3 can play up to 1024 songs at once, if you wanted. You can start a song from any position (ex: Play then Seek). You can pause any/all sounds at anytime (you can even start the song paused). You can't play from resources stored within the GM game itself cause that type of information can't be pulled from the compiled EXE. All audio formats are treated the same, so pausing/seeking a midi works just like an mp3.

BTW, I haven't seen a reply from Shaltif on this topic in a while...

I really want to get this to work properly. I just spent like 3 hours getting this all to work....

OK I think I know what the problem is but I don't know how to fix it. I tried setting channels to 32 and the sounds actually don't cut each other off for a while. I guess once 32 channels are filled then the cutting off begins. In my game I'm firing a rapid fire weapon and for the first amount of shots it sounds fine. Then after like 32 sounds (I think, it's kinda hard to count....) the cutting off begins for every sound...

I also tried playing the sound with FMOD_CHANNEL_REUSE. It seems to have no effect and appears to be playing exactly the same as FMOD_CHANNEL_FREE...

Well now I know SXMS can in fact play more than one sound at once... But why isn't a channel freed up after a sound is done playing?

OK, I think I figured it out. After looking through the FMOD help file that comes with SXMS, I partly understood some stuff, although barely. To have a channel get cleared after a sound is stopped I guess you have to make sxfmod_system_update(); run every step. I put it in the step event of the sxms object. My problem with sounds cutting off seems to be fixed now.

Edited by Potnop, 19 August 2007 - 07:06 PM.

#336 Tarik

Tarik

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2731 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:03 AM

Potnop, the sxeasy scripts were designed to only play a single file. (Shaltif confirmed this) To me it's quite dissapointing, I'd have been extremely happy with say 6 channels to play sounds on using the sxeasy scripts, I'm not looking for winamp plugin support, 3d sounds and all that.

So we're gonna have to leave the sxeasy scripts as they are and use the other scripts, which are truely amazing and give us alot of options, just not very user-friendly documented. Sxeasy would've been enough if you could play sounds on multiple channels.

Sxms, it's on!

#337 Potnop

Potnop

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3103 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:50 PM

Oh, well i'm not using sxeasy scripts. I'm being all hardcore and using the sxfmod scripts.

Anyway I have this REALLLLLYYYYY annoying problem now that I started making the game on GM7 instead of GM 6.1. It was all working before and stuff in GM 6.1.

When I try to load a certain midi song the game like totally aborts everyhting it's doing and goes to the next step. The game isn't frozen or anything because it appears to respond to my quit game button. But scripts don't return anything at all. Once the sxfmod_system_createSound scripts executes this

external_call(sxms.dll_sxfmod_system_createSound,argument0,a
rgument1,argument2,argument3)

the code is like stopped. It's as if a huge exit; statement is called stopping all scripts, and making the next step run... As a result the script doesn't return anything so I don't even know if FMOD failed to load the sound or what.

Thing is, the next step isn't supposed to run. After all sounds are loaded it should go to the next room, so the game is just stuck with a big black screen, but isn't frozen.

I'm getting no error messages from FMOD, and I have that enabled, and it only happens with a specific Midi song. The other midi song works. It's a song I ripped from Final Doom 1. I tried reripping it, and it still happens...

And this ONLY happens in GM 7, it works perfectly in GM 6.1.

Man I even get nothing when I do this. It's sooo weird!!!!
show_message(string(external_call(sxms.dll_sxfmod_system_createSound,argument0,a
rgument1,argument2,argument3)));

OK I think I found the problem. This must be a bug. It seems to have problems with the Saw tooth wave instruments or soemthing. For some reason when channel 2 of the song is set to instrument 82 Saw wave, the game stops liek I described earlier. When it's set to any other channel it works fine. IDK if this is exactly the problem, but I might have to modify the song a bit. It took me like an hour and a half of messing around with a midi editor to pinpoint what I think must be the cause...

Oh wait, I think it has to do with what row the midi channel is recorded on. I tried changing channel numbers and it still had probelms, so I'm working on moving the channels around in the midi instead. It's a real hassle, for some reason I keep messing the song up when I'm doing this...

Edited by Potnop, 25 August 2007 - 04:14 AM.

#338 benoit.rouleau

benoit.rouleau

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1596 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 04:30 PM

Uhm, this DLL is very interesting! One question, though: can it convert an audio file to another format? Exemple: mp3 to wav?

Thank you.

#339 Potnop

Potnop

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3103 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:58 PM

Well I haven't seen any functions like that... Games usually don't need to do that and this is made for games... Then again I don't know...

Also, it appears that it stops most of the time if the 82 Saw Wave instrument is used on any channel. I seem to have gotten it to work on some slots in the Midi Song, but only one. The thing is the song uses 2 channels that use 82 Saw Wave and it also happens to be one of my favorite songs from Doom so I can't not use it.

This seems like a pretty serious bug. I gave up on it for now to work on the game engine and worry about the song not working later...

#340 C-Ator9

C-Ator9

GMC Member

• 147 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 02:56 PM

Ok. I just am getting started to SXMS and it doesn't take long till I encounter a problem.
Whenever I try to set loop points for a sound it doesn't work. An error appears saying 'unsupported file or audio format' when I want to retrieve the standard end point.

I use the following code:

sxms_create(working_directory+"\SXMS-3.dll",1);
sxfmod_system_create();
sxfmod_system_setOutput(sxms.FMOD_OUTPUTTYPE_WINMM);
sxfmod_system_init(32,sxms.FMOD_INIT_NORMAL,0);
sxfmod_system_createSound(working_directory+"\high.mp3",sxms.FMOD_SOFTWARE|sxms.FMOD_CREATESTREAM|sxm
s.FMOD_2D,0,0);
sxfmod_system_playSound(0,0);
endpoint = sxfmod_sound_getLoopPoints(0,1,sxms.FMOD_TIMEUNIT_PCMBYTES);

So, could anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance.

C-Ator9

#341 doof92

doof92

GMC Member

• 49 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:54 PM

Hey
I've been trying out the Winamp stuff with this, to play an MMS stream from the net.
I've found the 2 plugins that Winamp uses, and load them fine. However, whenever I tell it to run a stream, it crashes.
Any ideas as to what is wrong?
Thanks

#342 flogy

flogy

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:04 PM

Can you play more than one Song at the same time? How do you do that? :)

#343 Potnop

Potnop

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3103 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:35 PM

You'd have to use sxfmod functions I guess... It allows sounds to be played on multiple channels so more than one plays at once. I guess sxeasy makes it play the sound on only 1 channel and as a result only one sound can play at a time.

#344 flogy

flogy

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 04:10 PM

Yeah I know. But I can't find the sxfmod-script to play tracks!? Does everyone has an example or stuff like that?

EDIT: Oh, I didn't search in the fmod_system folder :medieval: Now I know how to do!

Thanks anyway!

Edited by flogy, 23 September 2007 - 11:38 AM.

#345 DefuzionGames

DefuzionGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1452 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 01 November 2007 - 04:04 AM

i need an easy way to record sound pleas maybe an exmaple or code. recording from current stereo output.

#346 Potnop

Potnop

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3103 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:43 AM

Hey is anyone else having trouble getting SXMS to play this song in GM7?

Posted Image

This is from Final Doom 1 BTW for those who never played.

I mentioned earlier that it seems to have problems playing it because of the notes that certain channels have to play.

Here's the post I made Earlier

Previous post about this problem

All other songs seem to load fine. It's only this one, and only in GM7. The SXMS example doesn't seem to play it either. It's very strange. The bad part is that my game stops executing the code action when SXMS tries to load this song. It's like calling the "exit;" statement.

For some reason SXMS running under GM7 seems to have a problem playing midi music containing a "saw tooth wave" instrument (instrument #82). I figured this out when messing with a midi editor.

Edited by Potnop, 07 November 2007 - 05:47 AM.

#347 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 17266 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:41 AM

Hey is anyone else having trouble getting SXMS to play this song in GM7?

Posted Image

This is from Final Doom 1 BTW for those who never played.

I mentioned earlier that it seems to have problems playing it because of the notes that certain channels have to play.

Here's the post I made Earlier

Previous post about this problem

All other songs seem to load fine.  It's only this one, and only in GM7.  The SXMS example doesn't seem to play it either.  It's very strange.  The bad part is that my game  stops executing the code action when SXMS tries to load this song.  It's like calling the "exit;" statement.

For some reason SXMS running under GM7 seems to have a problem playing midi music containing a "saw tooth wave" instrument (instrument #82).  I figured this out when messing with a midi editor.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was not able to play it using the demo page 1
But demo page 2, if you select out_wave.dll and in_midi.dll, you can play the file...

I'm sure the next version shaltif is working on using FMODex will play this file out of the box as it does play in my dll without having to do any extra steps.

So check out the example2 code and replicate it.

#348 Potnop

Potnop

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3103 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:36 PM

Well I'm using FMODEX.

I don't get why it fails to load it so badly...

And also why it works in Gm 6.1 and not 7.0.

Edited by Potnop, 07 November 2007 - 07:38 PM.

#349 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 17266 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:00 PM

Well I'm using FMODEX.

I don't get why it fails to load it so badly...

And also why it works in Gm 6.1 and not 7.0.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm pretty sure, from the api, that sxms uses FMOD3... In any case, like I said, the demo gmk file will play your midi on demo 2 but not on demo 1. I have GM7 too. So, all you need to do is setup the system like demo2 does and your should be able to play the file. Indeed there is some hope there.

I'm sure shaltif can be of better help on this than I can though.

#350 Potnop

Potnop

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3103 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 03:06 AM

Yeah, I PMed him. Haven't gotten any replies back yet...

I'll see how example 2 does it. I really don't want to modify my game too much because it would probably mess up the delicate sound code that I use to run SXMS in FMODex mode so smoothly in my game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users