#51 ToaofGamecube

ToaofGamecube

GMC Member

• 56 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 08:56 PM

Wow. Thanks. ;)

For all you people having trouble with the far-too-complicated ship section:

Ship FAQ:

- Talk to the NPC in the furthest south-east room, by the desk with a monitor on it. He'll ask you for a decrypted disk.
- Get the disk from the small table in the bottom-left corner of the main room.
- Press Enter on the glass of drink by the main desk to distract the guy standing there.
- Use the PC behind the main desk. The disk is now decrypted.
- Return to the first NPC and talk to him.
- Go to the bar and grab the tray of drinks waiting. Answer "Yes!".
- Go left to the front deck, and talk to the NPC on the platform, return to the main area and use the lift.
- Use the PC at the desk in the little room up here to launch a cutscene.
- After cutscene, use the lift to leave.
- On arrival in the main area, run RIGHT to leave the ship...

Also be sure to check the bug list in the first post. There is a way to lock yourself in a dungeon room, so be sure to avoid it. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow thanks for that FAQ it was hard to figure out how to distract the guard

#52 hughman

hughman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 568 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 10:41 PM

Wow.. I have wasted waaayyy tooo much time on this game lol
just keep playing and playing... very addicting

are you making any money off this game? you should go and sell it somewhere

I can't think of any better GM games right now...

well time to put it down and get some homework done lol

#53 ToaofGamecube

ToaofGamecube

GMC Member

• 56 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 11:42 PM

Well apart from a few glitches this game is good...

No music though :'(

9/10

#54 hughman

hughman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 568 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 11:54 PM

I have to agree that there are a few bugs... not a lot and I probably wouldn't expect much more from a game this size(how many chapters are there btw I can't believe it's supppose to be a 6 hour game.. unless I'm just really slow)

there is music though...

#55 Cheatscanner

Cheatscanner

GMC Member

• 651 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 01:13 AM

probably one of the few good downloadable overhead view style games for a computer out there... but i havent downloaded it...

#56 Acid Rain

Acid Rain

GMC Member

• 6 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 01:50 AM

I've said this before a a different forum, but very nice job Sreh. I really like this game, very well made.
I just beat the first boss. And I died. I NEVER die in amatuer games. Good job ;)

#57 vishusmartishus

vishusmartishus

GMC Member

• 38 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 02:16 AM

I'm lovin' the fast download! Nice host!

I'll post again after I play

#58 Deadheat

Deadheat

Retro Maniac

• 659 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 09:55 AM

well i can't figure out how to get through that blizzard to the second dungeon. The shrine i think it's called, I got directions but they dont seem to work o0
Maybe its just me though....
I enjoyed the first boss, i think the difficulty is good so far just hope it kicks up a notch in the later dungeons. Those puzzles are damn hard, but thats probably cus i suck at puzzles lol XD

#59 Agent_48

Agent_48

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 03:26 PM

This is a great game, I recommend it to any who hasnt downloaded it yet.

Although theres a few small bugs and glitches this IS one of the best games on the GMC so far.

Well done Srehpog.

#60 hughman

hughman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 568 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 07:38 PM

btw I think there was a bug in my favor... I reloaded my game and went over to the lighthouse before talking to the guy about it and it was open! I got the feeling I was supposed to find someway to get a key or something after talking to the king... some way to break in

also I tried it so that I relaoded the game went over and looked at the lighthouse... open went and talked to the king about it with the technician there.. went back and it was locked...

having fun zipping around on the water... trying to figure out how to beat the water boss who has tentacles the pop-up from under the water

anyway looks great

only thing I wish is that the bosses had some kind of health bar or showed damage a little bit better
I just have to shoot the water guy a lot of times right? what's the blue sphere that surrounds him? a shield that has to be shot off?

Edited by hughman, 03 October 2005 - 08:12 PM.

#61 gizmonicgamer

gizmonicgamer

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 395 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 07:48 PM

Pretty good; the graphics are pretty good, and seem reminiscent of Earthbound, to an extent. The music is very good quality; though some of the songs dont fit with the area and setting too well. Also, the ships interior doesn't look too grea. Its almost as if there's absolutely no walls or anything, like its just floating platforms almost.
Didn't get too far; but oh well. I can see you put some effort in it, great job.

#62 ToaofGamecube

ToaofGamecube

GMC Member

• 56 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 09:16 PM

Pretty good; the graphics are pretty good, and seem reminiscent of Earthbound, to an extent. The music is very good quality; though some of the songs dont fit with the area and setting too well. Also, the ships interior doesn't look too grea. Its almost as if there's absolutely no walls or anything, like its just floating platforms almost.
Didn't get too far; but oh well. I can see you put some effort in it, great job.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Earthbound?
The character is almost exactly the same as ALttP Link.

#63 klaranim

klaranim

GMC Member

• 120 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 11:16 PM

WOW that games cool.

Even though I haven't gotten past the beginning, the initial story was one of the best I've ever seen. (I've played quite a few gm games)

EDIT: this game would be amazing with music, although no music does imply realism, a game like this should definitely have it.

EDIT: OMG this game does have music....

Everyone should now that the music doesn't play if the game is run straight out of the zip.

Edited by klaranim, 04 October 2005 - 11:26 PM.

#64 Jaret

Jaret

GMC Member

• 298 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 11:25 PM

Sorry. I can't download a game that big!!! I'm on dial up. It would help if you put up 2-4 parts so you complete the first and then go to second!

#65 klaranim

klaranim

GMC Member

• 120 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 11:51 PM

Shrehpog, did you make the music yourself?

#66 retrogamer

retrogamer

Button Masher

• 468 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 12:27 AM

:angry: Wow
Awsome...
This is going to keep me busy for a long time. I love it. This seems to be the best gamemaker game I have ever seen.

#67 gizmonicgamer

gizmonicgamer

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 395 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 12:34 AM

Earthbound?
The character is almost exactly the same as ALttP Link.

...Thats because essentially, he's an edit of that characters sprite. But I meant the style of the graphics, the coloring methods, all of that seemed reminscent of Earth bound.
Especially the tiles.

And actually, out of everything, thus far I found the story to be sort of lacking. Or at the very least, the execution of the story. Compared to GM games, its pretty good, it actually HAS a plot, but when compared to other things, it IS a bit lacking. Thats one of the games only flaws, though. That, and I couldn't seem to fight at all. (Even after being attacked by a serpent.)

Edited by gizmonicgamer, 05 October 2005 - 12:40 AM.

#68 Fatal_Games

Fatal_Games

GMC Member

• 98 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 12:51 AM

The graphics look very good and to finish a game like this at all is pretty amazing. I only played it for a minute but i couldnt figure out what to do first, ill mess around with it later. But I didnt even get past the title screen before the music's repetition started to bother me, music is a tough thing to get right and you did it quite well other than that repetition it sounds great. Very nice game.

#69 retrogamer

retrogamer

Button Masher

• 468 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 01:17 AM

how do you open the gates of the town?

#70 Agent_48

Agent_48

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 06:12 PM

how do you open the gates of the town?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Get the key off the Vice-Captain who is in the far right building(The one with the heart on it).

#71 OmegaFyre

OmegaFyre

GMC Member

• 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:59 PM

Hey, I just downloaded this last night, It's awesome! I'm up to chapter 5, after the radio scene, I'm stuck, the game crashes when I enter the commander's room. I think there's a glitch, I can't get to a rocky bombable wall in the first dungeon, in the room with the 3 puzzles, the electricity came back, but not the puzzles. Also, when you bomb the wall a little north of NSV, you can walk on the wall (you can't go anywhere though). Just wondering, how do I get a bigger wallet?

I give this a 9.5/10. Hope to see some more good games from you!

Edited by OmegaFyre, 05 October 2005 - 11:11 PM.

#72 vishusmartishus

vishusmartishus

GMC Member

• 38 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 01:55 AM

This game doesn't have exciting graphics.
This game doesn't have amazing sound.
This game doesn't have a complex system of gameplay

What does this game have?

FUN

This is one of the most fun GM games I've played to date.
I would definitely recommend this game for a cage match.

It should certainly do better than that unnamed game which couldn't win even when it cheated...

Anyway, this game is really fun, and is worth the big download.

P.S. It's a fast host, too! Kudos!

#73 ToaofGamecube

ToaofGamecube

GMC Member

• 56 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 03:03 AM

FUN

It should certainly do better than that unnamed game which couldn't win even when it cheated...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is true, however:

This game doesn't have bad graphics.
This game doesn't have horrible sound.
This game doesn't have a system of gameplay that is boring.

This game is really good. 2nd best GM game ever (if it weren't for Twilight Zone: Eye of the Beholder it would be 1st). Rock on.

#74 Srehpog

Srehpog

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 161 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 06 October 2005 - 03:11 PM

Oh wow, I'll need pen and paper for this...

hughman - Yes, you start with zero Credits. I was clumsy, sorry. Fixed. There are six chapters in total, which reminds me, I need to add a 'Chapter 6:' screen to one of the cutscenes.

I'll look into the lighthouse door bug. To kill the D2 boss, you could try attacking him in the same way you kill the smaller ones... :)

Deadheat - I imagine you'll already have passed that by now, but the directions start in the infinite-loop room, NOT the one with the NPC kiosk.

klaranim - No, a friend made it for me. He sent me the last file on the very last evening before he too left the country. Very stressful. :angry:

gizmonicgamer - I would hope it picks up near the end, but you're right, the beginning is a bit aimless.

OmegaFyre - after the NSV radio centre cutscene, you need to head back towards the northwest village. I'll check if entering the building afterwards fails to create the Player object; it's entirely possible. I'll also check the wall - I assume you mean the bombable wall section in the area north of the bomb shop?

To get a bigger wallet, you could try talking to the desk NPC at the top of the stairs in the library...

To everyone - I can't stress how happy I am to get this much excellent feedback from you. You spend the whole time thinking "If only one person really connects with the game, cares about it and fights to the end, it'll be worth it.", and this is, as you can imagine, very pleasing. Thank you. I'll go check those bugs...

#75 Opacus

Opacus

~Pixel Artist~

• 1413 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 04:07 PM

I challenge anyone to name a better GM Game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Raging skies owns everything!!!!! :)

EDIT after playing: DUDE< I TAKE BACK WHAT I SAID !!?!)....I mean 11/10

Edited by Hero Yuy, 06 October 2005 - 05:46 PM.

#76 OmegaFyre

OmegaFyre

GMC Member

• 6 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 06:53 PM

I found this in my error log:
COMPILATION ERROR in string to be executed
Error in code at line 1:
if place_meeting(x,y,player) && keyboard_check(vk_enter){sound_play(talk);if global.gamestate<4.01 global.gamestate=4.01;show_message('Oh, you must be '+string(global.playername)+'. The Commander is currently away, I'm afraid.')}

at position 218: Symbol , or ) expected.

That probably helps... also don't forget the wall in the first dungeon (I'm like the guy on the island, I just want to satisfy my curiosity).

Edit: I checked the libary, they just complain there's nothing in the museum, I think I found obects to go in it, but I can't dig them up.

Edited by OmegaFyre, 06 October 2005 - 06:59 PM.

#77 Kusakia

Kusakia

GMC Member

• 176 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 07:04 PM

wow, professional, and fun. and then it's big..

like hpapillon said, if you've got a decent connection, it's not too long of a time.

I liked it, it was great. 10/10

#78 Opacus

Opacus

~Pixel Artist~

• 1413 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 07:08 PM

Where do you go when you've got the crayons, in the town?

#79 max bitt

max bitt

GMC Member

• 40 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 06 October 2005 - 07:24 PM

This game is good. just like the old school. :)
9.4/10. :angry:

#80 GameMaker Dre

GameMaker Dre

RPG Creator

• 272 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 07:41 PM

I haven't played much, but you know what? I might actually try to beat this game :) . That's really saying something, seeing as how most people only play the first level or so.

#81 klaranim

klaranim

GMC Member

• 120 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 08:47 PM

FUN

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah and it also has a very good storyline.

Although I haven't played it for very long I'll assume that it also has good length/variety balance.

#82 Ultimatemagicguy

Ultimatemagicguy

The Harbinger of Armageddon

• 96 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 09:00 PM

The only thing I found to be sort of annoying is having to press the 'Enter' button over and over. When you get your weapon and use it with 'Space', it will hard to keep moving your hand over the kerboard several times. One attracting feat of games is that controls are flexible.

Enough criticzing of this game, it does have some amazing and unexplainable charm. It sure paid off all that time you said you worked on it. And a nice gag, showing all of your work and drawings and plans :( .

I guess a spelling mistake isn't grounds enough for fix and a re-download, but the guy just south of your room (when you first start), the one by the wall says, "... I am sure it can sure any ailment.", I think you meant 'cure', right?

P.S. It does download quite fast, took me 45 seconds to download ;) .

-Ultimatemagicguy

#83 Agent_48

Agent_48

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:24 PM

Anyone know how you get the Museum objects?

#84 Zajac

Zajac

GMC Member

• 9 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:29 PM

Oh my God! This game is great! I can't belive you were doing it alone, for only 2 years, you wew working hard on it, aren't you? Maybe you do some cool fantasy RPG? ;)

#85 OmegaFyre

OmegaFyre

GMC Member

• 6 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 10:55 PM

More bug reporting...

The flask doesn't fill up. It says it does, It deducts the cost, but doesn't do anything.

The problem at Commander Daska's also occurs at the Architect's.

You can't leave the radio building (without using the SAT).

Walking to the entrance to part two of the second dungeon from the Flask area doesn't create Kesha.

Entering part three of the second dungeon repeats the sequence, locking you in at the end. (Not in the boss room, but you can't do the some of the puzzles in reverse.)

I can't figure out how dig up the stuff for the museum... (Currrent Thought: Melt snow with coffee? But I can't use my flask...) Could you make it more clear? And I still can't figure out where to go next. Also, when do I get something for the crystals? I've handed in 8 already.

P.S. The pixel minigame is awesome!

Edited by OmegaFyre, 07 October 2005 - 10:56 PM.

#86 White Hornet

White Hornet

GMC Member

• 99 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 12:56 AM

Very Good! 9/10

One question though, what do you do with the marbles?

#87 Vampusuke

Vampusuke

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:26 AM

This game is very very good... I'll be playing this till i finish it. This is probably one of the best games that i've ever played that isn't made by a company... Congrats on making a great game, Sreh. I'll see ya at ZFGC :)

#88 PLAY: More

PLAY: More

Press F8 to enter BIOS

• 824 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 05:36 AM

In the second room where you have to push blocks and make a pattern, what's the order?

#89 ChaoMaster

ChaoMaster

GMC Member

• Validating
  • 824 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 06:16 AM

Okay then. Not a bad game

Edited by ChaoMaster, 08 October 2005 - 06:17 AM.

#90 Srehpog

Srehpog

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 08:54 AM

The flask doesn't fill up.  It says it does, It deducts the cost, but doesn't do anything.

Fixed. How careless of me.

The Commander's office crashes because the NPC is using a faulty string to talk to you, but I don't know of anything like that in the Architect's room. What problem do you mean?

Already fixed. :o

Walking to the entrance to part two of the second dungeon from the Flask area doesn't create Kesha.

Fixed.

Entering part three of the second dungeon repeats the sequence, locking you in at the end.  (Not in the boss room, but you can't do the some of the puzzles in reverse.)

Fixed, although as far as I can tell it is the boss room. Did you get blocked any earlier?

I can't figure out how dig up the stuff for the museum... (Currrent Thought: Melt snow with coffee? But I can't use my flask...)  Could you make it more clear?  And I still can't figure out where to go next.  Also, when do I get something for the crystals? I've handed in 8 already.

They're just covered in snow. Dig them up. ::lmao:: As for crystals, you only need two more. There's one in the 'desert' of dungeon 3, in case you missed it. Two in dungeon 1 also.

In the second room where you have to push blocks and make a pattern, what's the order?

The pattern to make is usually a ring of 8 blocks on a grid of 9, and the order the first time you have to do it is right, up, down, left -side tiles in order. Re-entering that room will give you a couple more to do, but they're optional. The first puzzle of the room with three in (which is obviously compulsory) is: up, right, down, left -side tiles in order.

And for all the 'what do you do with [item]?' questions, you just have to find someone else out there who wants them more than you do. :)

#91 PLAY: More

PLAY: More

Press F8 to enter BIOS

• 824 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 09:40 AM

The flask doesn't fill up.  It says it does, It deducts the cost, but doesn't do anything.

Fixed. How careless of me.

The Commander's office crashes because the NPC is using a faulty string to talk to you, but I don't know of anything like that in the Architect's room. What problem do you mean?

Already fixed. :P

Fixed.

Entering part three of the second dungeon repeats the sequence, locking you in at the end.  (Not in the boss room, but you can't do the some of the puzzles in reverse.)

Fixed, although as far as I can tell it is the boss room. Did you get blocked any earlier?

I can't figure out how dig up the stuff for the museum... (Currrent Thought: Melt snow with coffee? But I can't use my flask...)  Could you make it more clear?  And I still can't figure out where to go next.  Also, when do I get something for the crystals? I've handed in 8 already.

They're just covered in snow. Dig them up. :P As for crystals, you only need two more. There's one in the 'desert' of dungeon 3, in case you missed it. Two in dungeon 1 also.

The pattern to make is usually a ring of 8 blocks on a grid of 9, and the order the first time you have to do it is right, up, down, left -side tiles in order. Re-entering that room will give you a couple more to do, but they're optional. The first puzzle of the room with three in (which is obviously compulsory) is: up, right, down, left -side tiles in order.

And for all the 'what do you do with [item]?' questions, you just have to find someone else out there who wants them more than you do. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great. :o ::lmao:: ::lmao:: ::lmao::
Edit: Never mind...

Edited by PLAY: More, 08 October 2005 - 09:41 AM.

#92 Jaret

Jaret

GMC Member

• 298 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:01 PM

Please split file up into parts! Dial up is so stupid but in our town we can't even get highspeed!

#93 curnow

curnow

GMC Member

• 184 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:30 PM

umm did u use drag n drop coz jeezus even with mp3s i cant get a game to 20megs a 20meg d n d game can be lessened to 4-5megs by using code but i havent downloaded it coz i dont feel like it but people say its good so i might download later(i have a 5gig pm limit on my 512k broadband and that has to share around to family)

Edited by curnow, 08 October 2005 - 01:34 PM.

#94 TurkishGamer

TurkishGamer

Da Turk

• 493 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:37 PM

good luck on the catge matchs.I am the first to vote.and your wining 1-0

Classic card game made addicting.
Pyramid
Play now: Here
My website: Here

#95 Alpha Man

Alpha Man

Game Maker Community

• 258 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:43 PM

This game isn't really all that good...

Nice try for like a first game or whatever... (if it even is your first...)

The graphics didn't look good at all or anything...

The gameplay and story kinda didn't do much...

2/10

In my opinion, this will never be better than Zelda and will never be the best GM game...

#96 BKO376

BKO376

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 265 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:21 PM

Uh... 2/10? I think that you're exaggerating your score just because everyone else likes it.

#97 Alpha Man

Alpha Man

Game Maker Community

• 258 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:25 PM

No... actually, I was bored as fish when I played it :)

#98 HelpTheWretched

HelpTheWretched

Ominous!

• GMC Member
  • 429 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:58 PM

Now this is interesting - the game I chose as my Cage Match successor ended up being my opponent.

I'm "Goodnight" from that other forum, Srehpog... I played the WIP and was quite impressed. Will try out the full game as soon as I have some time. :)

#99 Bigoron_link

Bigoron_link

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 03:53 PM

WOW. :) As you can see from my username I love Legend Of Zelda..and this reminds me of it quite a bit. Good job. I love the gameplay, the controls, the storyline..great. My favorite game made by :o

And i also have a question. After you get the key to get out of the village what do u do?
Ive been wandering around..and I found the hilarious guy who obviously wants a muffin ::lmao:: ..and the house with the games in it...now what?

#100 cyberdudequestor

cyberdudequestor

GMC Member

• 378 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 04:07 PM

This IS the best gm game ever! The most professional zelda-style game ever!
:)