• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 renoman

renoman

GMC Member

• 56 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 08:49 AM

Hello,

The first edition of Game Maker Industry Review, the new quarterly publication devoted to brave new Game Maker creations. Submissions are taken both from qualified journalists and experienced users.

The Best Game Maker Information
Each issue provides tips, techniques, and time-savers for designers, developers, graphic artists, and programmers who use Game Maker. Each issue of Game Maker Industry Review includes:
•Step-by-step techniques for making the most of GM
•Tips from GMers
•Expert advice on resolving production issues
•Hands-on experience with GM’s powerful features
•News about the latest developments
•Reviews of plug-ins and add-ons
•Examples of cutting-edge GM work from today’s top developers
•Listings of user groups, events, and other resources

To celebrate the launch of this publication, theGMIR is seeking advertisments with the following dimensions to be published at no cost. Advertisments will only be awarded to developers with an active presence in the industry and/or an active web site beneficial to our readers.
•3x Full Page Advertisements = 8.5 x 11 inches
•10x MarketPlace Advertisements = 2.375 x 4.5 inches
•5x Article Fillers = 6.756 x 1.833 inches

Please note the following guidelines when preparing your ad files for inclusion in theGMIR.
•PDF is our preferred file format. We also accept EPS, TIF, flattened PSD, or JPEG. Fonts must be embedded. If in doubt, e-mail for clarification.
•The maximum file size is 10mb per advertisement, use RGB colours.
•Send files at the dimensions at which they are to be reproduced.
•Please name files clearly, indicating company name and issue date.
•When exporting files, export at 300 DPI
•Make your files compatible with Acrobat 5 - do not add any security protection.

•Please e-mail the file to Editor@thegmir.com with a brief explanation of your studio (we need a contact name and e-mail). Contact us if your file is over 10mb to upload using FTP.

Why are the ads free?
In order to develop an inaugral issue to distribute to commercial advertising firms, and to stay on deadline with the proposed date for the first issue, we decided it would be beneficial to use real advertisments in this magazine. In future advertisements will cost an undetermined sum.

Please do not turn this thread into a discussion regarding the magazine, rather keep it to advertising questions. To register your interest in placing a free ad and to place the ad, please PM me or e-mail Editor@thegmir.com.

Sorry this sounds rushed, but I need ads by October 8, 2005. You can secure a place by expressing interest and getting the ad to me at a later stage. I will edit this topic once a sufficient supply of advertisements have been received. Thankyou.

Kind regards,
Ayden Winter

Edited by renoman, 29 September 2005 - 08:51 AM.