Sound and Music Forum Rules
In the Sound and Music forum, feel free to ask all you need to know about sound and music resources for Game Maker. Use this forum to:
- Post your questions on sound and music techniques
- Offer your sound effect and music productions to fellow game makers
- Post links to tutorials you made
- Ask for sound effects and music for your game
- If you post your sounds & music here, you must agree that other people can use them in their games.
- Do not post just to get feedback -- but you may ask for advice about techniques if you are having problems.
- Competitions are not allowed.
- Do not post recordings of yourself singing German opera -- unless you're the fat lady wearing a helmet with horns.
- Requesting or offering copyrighted material is not allowed.
Topic Posting Guidelines
If you are asking for sound effects or music please try to provide as much information as possible on what you need. This includes:
- Description of the sound
- In case of music, the style
- Length of the sound effect or music
- The file size limit (if any)
- In case of wave files, quality (11 Khz, 22 Khz, 44 Khz, mono / stereo)
- File format (WAV, MP3, Midi, MOD, et cetera)
- If available, a link to your game
Finally, remember to check the Sound Resources List, you may find the program you need there. Only post requests for links to programs if you didn't find what you are looking for.