• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#1 The Music Guy

The Music Guy

Does own game music

• 139 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 07:25 AM

Bass for Game Maker!

Unfortunately, I am no longer able to continue working on BGM or provide support for it on a reasonable basis. I am simply too busy trying to keep up with real life and I don't have time for it anymore. Besides that, I am no longer an active member of the Game Maker Community or YoYo Games, and no longer use Game Maker, so it doesn't make sense to continue to develop anymore.

I had a fun time working on it and providing what help I could offer, but the time has come for me to move on. Sorry, everybody, but that's the way it has to be...

- Brad Harms (a.k.a. The Music Guy)

What is BGM?

It is an extremely simplistic front-end to Un4seen.com's BASS.DLL that acts as a bridge between BASS and Game Maker.
In other words, it is a system that uses Game Maker's functionality to use external DLL files as a means to improve Game Maker's music-playing abillities.
In other other words, BGM lets you play all sorts of tracked music formats like MOD, IT and XM in your Game Maker games.

Feature List

* Extremely simple interface
* Total amount of data added to your game is less than 200kb
* Support for MOD, XM, S3M, IT, MTM, UMX, MO3 (see below), WAV, AIFF, MP3, MP2, MP1 and OGG.
* Supports un4sen.com's hybrid compressed-tracked format, MO3.
* Uses the latest version of BASS.DLL (which is 2.3 at the time of this writing)
* Play, play looped, pause, stop
* Quick Play - This allows you to easily load and play a song simply by passing it's filename, then automatically stop and unload it when you're done.
* Can use whatever output format you want
* File- and Internet-Streaming for sampled formats
* Load and play as many songs as your system can handle (quite a few, usually)
* Volume, panning, and playback speed control
* Access to many module attributes, such as sample/instrument/channel volumes, pan seperation, etc.
* You can refer to loaded songs via the ID given when they were loaded OR by giving the filename of the song
* Lots of automatic error handling (which can be turned off if you want)
* the list goes on -- See the manual (included in the download) for more details.

Known Bugs

* The function bgm_SetLibDir() has been deprecated because it doesn't work correctly and there doesn't seem to be a way to fix it.

* The functions bgm_GetPos() and bgm_GetLen() don't work on non-streamed samples; they always return 4294967295. However, the functions work fine for streamed samples and modules.

Update History

(updates above 2.0.1 beta can be found on the website)

2.0.1 beta -

* Updated to BASS.DLL 2.3
* You can now choose what output format you want
* File- and Internet-Streaming now supported for sampled formats
* New API (backwards compatibility has been preserved, however)
* It is now possible to load multiple songs at a time
* Volume, panning, frequency can now be changed for each individual song
* Many module attributes (instrument volume, bpm, pan seperation, ...) can now be both set and retrieved
* You can refer to loaded songs via the ID given when they were loaded OR by giving the filename of the song.
* Lots of automatic error handling

1.0a -

* Example .gm6 now lets you load WAVs and also lets you change to a different file after playback begins.
* Now it can REALLY play MP3s, although it takes a minute for them to load.

Edited by The Music Guy, 23 January 2008 - 05:01 AM.

Alphaios.net
It's not dead, just hibernating for the winter. A very long winter.

BGM v2 -- Bass for Game Maker
A tracked music player extension for GM 6 based on Un4seen.com's BASS.DLL. Latest version is 2.0.
(Download it and use it, but don't ask me about it. I don't support it anymore. Sorry!)

#2 Bathy

Bathy

GMC Member

• 504 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:45 AM

It seems good, but it doesnt load mp3s

#3 Smarttart62

Smarttart62

designFUSION™

• 2619 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 03:07 PM

seems real cool!
-Steve

#4 The Music Guy

The Music Guy

Does own game music

• 139 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 06:04 PM

Hey, you're right! How did that happen?
Well...Score 1 for you, Bathy. :chikin
I'll look through the BASS docs to try and fix it.
Alphaios.net

A tracked music player extension for GM 6 based on Un4seen.com's BASS.DLL. Latest version is 2.0.
(Download it and use it, but don't ask me about it. I don't support it anymore. Sorry!)

#5 Shaltif

Shaltif

The Audio Master

• GMC Elder
  • 1185 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:30 AM

Ah, I see someone beat me to the punch on this one. Oh well, got my hands tied anyway working on the new Fmod wrapper SXMS3. Keep up the good work, always nice to see alternatives (and it free's up my schedule a bit, not needing to make a BASS wrapper :wacko:).

~Brandon

#6 The Music Guy

The Music Guy

Does own game music

• 139 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:55 AM

Fixed the MP3 bug. It will play them now but it takes a minute for it to load them.

Well, it's not exactly an alternative since it doesn't have nearly as many features as SXMS (and I don't plan to add any more).
But by all means, if you want to make a REAL wrapper for Bass than go ahead. I won't mind :wacko:
Alphaios.net

#7 game_maker_dude

game_maker_dude

GMC Member

• 285 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:25 PM

hey can you tell me befor i download it will this be good for a live radio on GM

#8 The Music Guy

The Music Guy

Does own game music

• 139 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 04:35 AM

Not really... It has no live streaming support.
Alphaios.net

#9 Andreas

Andreas

GMC Member

• 85 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 08:02 AM

It's good and has great features... But still, I wonder why you and some other people here try to port bass to GM, since it's already done with all original functions?

#10 FredFredrickson

FredFredrickson

Artist

• Global Moderators
  • 9225 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 23 July 2005 - 04:24 AM

I want to use this, because some of the others seem a bit too complicated for my needs... But does it support looping tracks?

#11 The Music Guy

The Music Guy

Does own game music

• 139 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 03:30 AM

OEM:
I'm not sure I understand you. Are you saying that somebody has already ported Bass to GM? If that's the case, then yes, I know. As far as I can tell though, this port is the easiest to use. It's not meant for super-high-quality stuff like SXMS.

Fred:
Yes and no.
It doesn't automaticly loop at the end of the file/song but it will accept pattern breaks, which can be used to give the same effect.

Edited by The Music Guy, 20 August 2005 - 03:34 AM.

Alphaios.net

#12 dimitri

dimitri

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 248 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 10:15 PM

Ah, thank you for making an easy to use .xm player! (Jbfmod wont work on my computer for some strange reason) now i can make games without huge file sizes.

10/10 for simplicty and easyness :P

#13 dhelfin

dhelfin

GMC Member

• 52 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:29 AM

ok---I am like super newbie...ok I dl this mod program or dll, but how do Input this to my game without having that screen pop up to load the file...I want this dll to work like where I have my game in a folder, and put some mods inside that folder , and whenever the game starts, depending on the room that I am at, for the mods to load, with maybe a code like STR = open mod track 1 or something like that.

can anyone help me with this?

#14 -Insane-

-Insane-

GMC Member

• 717 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 08:47 PM

ok---I am like super newbie...ok I dl this mod program or dll, but how do Input this to my game without having that screen pop up to load the file...I want this dll to work like where I have my game in a folder, and put some mods inside that folder , and whenever the game starts, depending on the room that I am at, for the mods to load, with maybe a code like STR =  open mod track 1 or something like that.

can anyone help me with this?

bgm_play(*filename*)

What I accually came here for, is to ask if I need to mention you if I use it.

-Insane

Ps: The dll is awesum!!
I made a media player with it :(

#15 9_6

9_6

• GMC Member
  • 3627 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:29 PM

This actually is better than fmod because it doesn't mess up some effects like Midi macros, high pitches or filters o_Ă”
If only i had known that earlier...

It needs the ability to set the channel seperation and maybe (like jbfmod does) the ability to load files from a single packed file. (unfortunately i don't know how to do such thing myself ~~)
If it had that, i would SO use this!

#16 Simpson_Software

Simpson_Software

GMC Member

• 215 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 06:28 AM

I reckon this is awesome! I will be using this! Just one problem... how do I convert an mp3 to mod or mo3? Cause I don't want a large file used in my game, I only want a small one. I did however find a converter that changes it from mod or mo3 TO mp3 and I love the compression! The normal file size is like 2.69mb or something and the mo3 or mod version can be 186kb or something...

Do you know of anything that will convert MP3's to this mod or mo3?

And I am VERY suprised that this game maker add-on was never popular (with lots of replies)? I reckon this topic sure does deserve it! And nice simple code, very useful.

Cheers,
Simpson_Software

#17 Postality

Postality

GMC Member

• 244 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 06:44 AM

This is perfect bro, nice work. I can finally get my MP3 track I produce in GM =P

You da man.

I'll up a sample mp3 I made some time for everyone to check out.

#18 9_6

9_6

• GMC Member
  • 3627 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 02:52 PM

you can't convert a mp3 to a mod format.
think of MODs like of MIDIs, you also can't convert a m3 to a MIDI, can you?

#19 Simpson_Software

Simpson_Software

GMC Member

• 215 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:21 AM

Ok then. But if you noticed there is an example of a song (mo3 format) in the archive you download for BGM 1.0a, that is 187kb (or something) and I converted it without trouble to mp3 and it was 2.7mb (or something). So is there a program that can convert mp3 to mo3? Because I find it strange how you can convert FROM mo3 but not TO mo3... so how did it become mo3 in the first place?

I also know alot about music as I am a DJ and stuff, but I just don't know of a program that can do convert TO mo3, although I already have a program that converts FROM mo3. If someone knows of a conversion program that CAN convert to mo3 then please PM me or something!

Thanks,
Simpson_Software

#20 The Music Guy

The Music Guy

Does own game music

• 139 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:51 AM

Simpson,

Now, I'm notorious for giving confusing analogies, but...

An MO3 is a tracked format and MP3 is a sampled format. This means that conversion is strictly one-way (MO3 --> MP3, but not MP3 --> MO3). It's like if you recorded a room full of people onto a cassette tape and then tried to break it down to just the words of the individual conversations.

BTW, An MO3 is just an ordinary tracked music format (Like MOD, XM, S3M, etc.) but with each sample OGG- or MP3-compressed individually.

-Insane-,

You don't need to give credit but it is appreciated. Just give a link to http://www.alphaios.net/bgm in the credits if you want to.

--

Okay, now...

As you all probably noticed, I had kind of abandon this project for a while. However, I've been getting a lot of requests recently and it made me realize that there's some more work that could be done. So, I'm now in the process of upgrading BGM to include many of the features you've been asking for while still trying to maintain all the things that makes BGM "special". Among these will be...

+ Quick Play - This is the "load-on-the-fly" behavior that currently exists. However, you will be able to choose NOT to use this behavior in favor ot the feature listed below.
+ Load+Play - You will be able to load any number of songs into memory ahead of time so that you don't have to stop and wait for them to be loaded mid-game.
+ Streamed-In Samples - If possible, I'm going to make it so that sampled formats (WAV, MP3, OGG, etc.) can be loaded from the hard drive and played at the same time. This should fix the little "hiccup" that occurs whenever you try to play a sample.
+ More Editable Attributes - Volume, panning, tempo...All of these and more will be changable even while the song is playing.
+ Per-Song Attributes - You will be able to set the attributes of each song individually.
+ Attributes that Stick Between Playings - Previously, any changes of volume to the song would be lost whenever you began playing it again. You will now be able to turn this behavior off if you want to.
+ BGM 2.0 will also be completely backwards compatible so you can continue to do things in the way that you do them now.
+ BGM 2.0 will now be using the latest version of BASS.DLL, currently 2.3.

Edited by The Music Guy, 04 September 2006 - 08:19 AM.

Alphaios.net

#21 Simpson_Software

Simpson_Software

GMC Member

• 215 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 06:26 AM

Awesome! Although it's a bit of a bummer that I can't convert things to MO3... in that case is their a way of recording a song to MO3?

Anyway good luck on creating the new version of BGM! Wish you the best of luck and I highly recommend this engine to others!

Cheers,
Simpson_Software

#22 9_6

9_6

• GMC Member
  • 3627 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 03:10 PM

You can convert any MOD format to mo3.
Visit the bass homepage, there's a tool to do that.
mo3's use mp3's for samples instead of wav's wich makes some mods really *really* small. (43kb->7 kb o_O)

Also WHY THE HECK IS THERE NO LOOP FUNCTION?
Who wants his background music to be played only once?
You may want to implement that into future versions...
Along with a function to set the sepperation of a song. (some old mods mess the panning up)

The main advantage this thing has over sxms or jbfmod is that it plays ALL effects of the .it format the way they're meant to be played.
It also doesn't ignore the individual global volume of some songs and won't mess with the panning of newer mods.
Fmod just sucks when it comes to that.

Let's just say bass is THE dll for playing mods.

Edited by 9_6, 01 August 2006 - 03:26 PM.

#23 The Music Guy

The Music Guy

Does own game music

• 139 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 09:57 PM

The MOD effect to jump to a different pattern is supported; until the new version is done, you can either use that or just keep replaying the song whenever it ends. I would have supported automatic looping already but when I finished 1.0a I didn't know how to do it. :rambo

I wasn't going to implement pan seperation, but it IS supported by BASS and it seems pretty important so I'll go ahead and add it.
Alphaios.net

#24 9_6

9_6

• GMC Member
  • 3627 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 11:09 PM

I know i could use the position jump effect.
But it's just so... messy. (newbs may not know how to put that into mods either)
And i don't like the idea of creating an object for the sole purpose of looping the music.
It could accidently get deactivated and then the music stops :/

Yes sepperation is important.
You need to set it to ~0.5 when playing some mods or they will mess up.

Good thing that you're working on this again btw :rambo

edit: thinking about it... is it possible to implement a feature that turns the volume above the maximum?
Some mods are really quiet. Would be useful too.
XMplay can do that and the bass dll uses the same system.

Oh yes, how about a function that returns the title of a mod?

Edited by 9_6, 01 August 2006 - 11:33 PM.

#25 The Music Guy

The Music Guy

Does own game music

• 139 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 02:51 AM

Here's a little update.

Most relavent attributes of a song will be accessable via a bgm_GetAttr() function. For example, to get the volume of the 12th track of a mod, you could do something like this...

vol = bgm_GetAttr(theSong, "tvolume12");

You can then reduce that volume by 10 like this.

bgm_SetAttr(theSong, "tvolume12", vol-10);

I'm working on a sort of "attribute subsystem" that will allow me to easily add attributes that are supported by BASS into BGM.
The most common attributes (like channel volumes and pannings) can be returned or changed with their own functions as well.

Edited by The Music Guy, 05 August 2006 - 02:55 AM.

Alphaios.net

#26 9_6

9_6

• GMC Member
  • 3627 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 11:30 PM

cool stuff. :)
Don't forget to add amplification to the normal volume setting.
that's the name of the feature i mentioned in my previous post.
It really helps some mods that aren't loud enough by default since you can use amplification to actually set the volume above the default volume (instead of having to edit the file yourself which can cause trouble) and it's supported by bass.
being able to set the global volume of a mod could also be handy and is also supported.

#27 The Music Guy

The Music Guy

Does own game music

• 139 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:43 PM

Hm...I haven't actually seen anything about amplifing the volume pas the max in the manual, but I'll keep looking. It might be under some obscure subsection related to EQs or special effects or something. If I can find it, I'll add some kind of support for it. Otherwise, I'd have to try and use the existing Bass functions to try and "emulate" it. That would be kind of a pain so I wouldn't want to deal with it.
Alphaios.net

#28 9_6

9_6

• GMC Member
  • 3627 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:59 PM

Look for: BASS_MusicSetAttribute/BASS_MUSIC_ATTRIB_AMPLIFY

From what i can see this only works with mods and not with samples though.

#29 The Music Guy

The Music Guy

Does own game music

• 139 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 06:45 PM

Status of BGM 2.0 is...pretty good so far. :ph34r: However, I will be leaving on vacation for about a week as of tomorrow and I won't be able to work on it until I get back. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Alphaios.net

#30 The Music Guy

The Music Guy

Does own game music

• 139 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:58 AM

BGM 2.0.1 beta now available for beta testing!

Please see the updated first post for more info.
Alphaios.net

#31 Catscratch

Catscratch

GMC Member

• 225 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:12 PM

May I sell things I use this with?
You will of course get credits.

#32 FredFredrickson

FredFredrickson

Artist

• Global Moderators
  • 9225 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:18 PM

Unfortunately, you cannot sell a game that uses BASS without licensing the DLL.

Here is what BASS's licensing has to say about that:

The BASS library is free for non-commercial use. If you are not charging for your software and it has no other commercial purpose (eg. advertising/promotion), then you can use BASS in it for free. Otherwise, you will require one of the following licenses...
Shareware license: €100
The "shareware" license allows the usage of BASS in an unlimited number of your shareware products. If you're an individual making and selling your own software, this is the license for you.
Single Commercial license: €950
The "single commercial" license allows the usage of BASS in a single commercial product.
Unlimited Commercial license: €2450
The "unlimited commercial" license allows the usage of BASS in an unlimited number of your commercial products. This license applies to a single site.

You can find more information here: http://www.un4seen.com/

#33 The Music Guy

The Music Guy

Does own game music

• 139 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:17 AM

@ Catscratch:

The answer to your question is answered in the very first section of the included readme:

Permission to use BGM is given to you only under the following conditions:

You may not use BGM in any commercial product. It is provided for use in free software ONLY. Shareware, “trialware”, etc. are also not allowed.

As BGM uses BASS.DLL, you must agree to the terms of it's "license", which should have been included with this document.

Alphaios.net

#34 9_6

9_6

• GMC Member
  • 3627 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:37 AM

New version!
I'll check it out soon.
It seems to be able to wrap all of the the most important things.
Good job!

Now what would really make it sexy would be a pack feature, just like in smartys jbfmod.

@Catscratch:
If you're searching for a free mod player go with blackplay.
I didn't try it yet but it's free to use in commercial games.

If you definitely need the bass dll in your commercial game, contact windapple.
He has recently done a bass wrapper too but i don't know his stance towards having it in commercial games.
It is also more complex than bgm but works just fine.
Keep the bass license in mind if you want to use it though...

#35 The Music Guy

The Music Guy

Does own game music

• 139 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 05:07 PM

@ 9_6:

Well, I'm not really sure how that works, nor would I know how to do it. 'sides, it would probably bloat the size even more and I already had to break the 100kb mark... ;)
Alphaios.net

#36 9_6

9_6

• GMC Member
  • 3627 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:51 PM

I've tried it.
That's really simple to use.
Well done!
Nice example too.

Well the bass dll itself already has 90 kb.
It's not too hard to get over 100 kb and 32 kb, the size of bgm, isn't the world.

If you don't know how a pack feature works, ask Smarty. He certainly knows.
Don't be afraid, I've already had a chat with him concerning the bass dll he's a nice guy.
He told me that i would be the only person he has ever seen actually using jbfmods packing feature so then again... maybe it isn't too important :P

I only say it would be a nice feature.

Keep it up!

#37 GmDude66

GmDude66

GMC Member

• 348 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 10 September 2006 - 04:14 PM

The Music Guy: Could you possibly add functions to:

1. Get current position of the track
2. Get the total length of the track

If you would add those, it would be perfect :lol:

#38 The Music Guy

The Music Guy

Does own game music

• 139 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 07:51 PM

Done. Get 2.0.2b for the new features.

Edited by The Music Guy, 10 September 2006 - 09:10 PM.

Alphaios.net

#39 GmDude66

GmDude66

GMC Member

• 348 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 10:20 PM

Thanks Man!

#40 ylwsub68

ylwsub68

GMC Member

• 21 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 02:01 PM

I have a question now. Awesome DLL; it plays IT files (which I make/use all the time) perfectly. But two things:

1. Every time I start the game, it says "Error defining external function" when referring to the no_key event in one of my objects (the same one every time). But I didn't even define a no_key event for ANY object! What's happening here?

2. No support for track effects? I used an external dll within Modplug Tracker to add a reverb to some of the instruments, but no reverb when the file is played in GM.

Otherwise... this dll kicks @$$. Great job.

#41 The Music Guy

The Music Guy

Does own game music

• 139 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:09 PM

1. That seems to be related to the 2 new functions I added in the 0.2 release. I'm still getting to the bottom of it. As for why it's happening on the no_key event, I have no idea. Are you sure that there isn't anything on that event?

2. Hm...according to the BASS help file, DMO effects (which are supported by MPT) should be heard for anyone who has DirectX 8 and above.
There IS, however, a note that says using BASS to apply effects to a loaded channel requires that the channel be 32-bit for DirectX 9. If this is the problem, though, I may have to make a few awkard changes. >_<

Edited by The Music Guy, 11 September 2006 - 07:21 PM.

Alphaios.net

#42 ylwsub68

ylwsub68

GMC Member

• 21 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:04 PM

1. That seems to be related to the 2 new functions I added in the 0.2 release. I'm still getting to the bottom of it. As for why it's happening on the no_key event, I have no idea. Are you sure that there isn't anything on that event?

2. Hm...according to the BASS help file, DMO effects (which are supported by MPT) should be heard for anyone who has DirectX 8 and above.
There IS, however, a note that says using BASS to apply effects to a loaded channel requires that the channel be 32-bit for DirectX 9. If this is the problem, though, I may have to make a few awkard changes.  >_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. But that's the thing. There is NO no_key event specified in ANY objects, but it keeps referring to one.

2. 32-bit channel? In the IT file or somewhere else?

#43 GmDude66

GmDude66

GMC Member

• 348 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:12 PM

ylwsub68: I am having that exact same problem!

:/

#44 GmDude66

GmDude66

GMC Member

• 348 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:17 PM

Here is the error:

Posted Image

oFont does not even call a DLL function.

#45 The Music Guy

The Music Guy

Does own game music

• 139 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:25 PM

In response to your IM: Man, you guys must move FAST. :D My email client literally just notified me about the new reply.

I've fixed the bug that prevented bgm_Init() from working (eg. the "error defining an external function" thing) but the no_key part doesn't have anything to do with BGM, as far as I can tell.
From the looks of it, though, something really fishy is going on. I've never seen an "<unknown> key release event" before.

As soon as I find a way of allowing MPT effects to work (Btw, there wasn't anything you could do about that; I have to tweak BGM for it) I'll release another update.
Alphaios.net

#46 GmDude66

GmDude66

GMC Member

• 348 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:40 PM

Ok, i'll be waiting for the update

#47 The Music Guy

The Music Guy

Does own game music

• 139 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:59 PM

BGM page back up! I don't know what happened, but it's working again. :D
Anyway, download the updated version (2.0.3).

* Please re-read what the readme has to say about bgm_Init() as it has been updated.

* The date at the top of the readme is incorrect, obviously.

Just a note...everyone, you don't have to IM me to tell me the topic is updated. I have a subscription to this topic and my email client notifies me whever somebody replies. If I don't reply immediately it means I'm probably busy.

Also, I have to do homework now, and have class in the morning, so if you find any more bugs or have any questions, you MIGHT have to wait until tomarrow evening, or later.

I'm not angry, but please...just let me work at my own pace.

Edited by The Music Guy, 11 September 2006 - 10:26 PM.

Alphaios.net

#48 GmDude66

GmDude66

GMC Member

• 348 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:11 AM

Cool, this fixed the "Unknown Key" error :D

#49 ylwsub68

ylwsub68

GMC Member

• 21 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:53 AM

OK, the external function error is fixed and good... thank you!!

As I was typing this out, I thought about something I didn't try. I had the effects applied to the INSTRUMENTS, not the CHANNELS. I tried applying the effects to the channels, and bada-boom, it worked. But in case I would need to go back to the way it once was, will there be support for instrument effects instead of only channel effects.

By the way, major kudos on developing a great module-playing engine for GM. I never thought it could be that simple! (me being the end-user, and you being the developer)

#50 The Music Guy

The Music Guy

Does own game music

• 139 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:03 AM

Thank you. :D

I'm not sure why some uses of the effects work and some don't. The BASS manual doesn't seem to say anything specific about it's MPT effect support, just that it's there and should happen by itself. It doesn't say anything about where the effects are applied. :)
Alphaios.net