• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#1 YoMamasMama

YoMamasMama

Your Grandma

• 437 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 12:44 AM

Download

Jumper: Redux is a remake of the original Jumper with many new features.

Features:
Completely Rewritten Engine: The game is roughly 132 times smoother now, and alot of bugs from the original are fixed. It's in GM6 now too.
Upgraded Presentation: Completely redone graphics, new music (some remixed, some original, but all custom-made), and even new sound effects. I've also added a particle system and redid the cutscenes.
Advanced Results: Beat the game (or finish a multiplayer match) and you'll get a very advanced results page complete with 4 graphs tracking your deaths and jumps throughout the game. It also gives you a rank from 1-10 (with a title for each) based on your deaths in single-player.
Original Stages: All the original stages are recreated in Original mode, for you to try and beat once again.
Redux Stages: A new single player game with the same story and setting as Original mode, but all-new stage layouts.
Practice Mode: Try out any stage you've reached in Original or Redux, without the pressure of your performace affecting your death count.
Online Multiplayer: Connect by IP for 2-4 player races through either Original or Redux. Options include setting what sector to start at, which to end at, and setting respawn delay times for all players, to act as a handicap.
Tons of Secrets: Secret rooms in the lab, secret emotes in mplay, cameos, fireworks, initials, cheats in practice mode, a secret rank, and more. I literally lost count of all of them.

The amount of H Unit assistance I received on this project was phenomenal...

Bballer redid ALL the graphics except Ogmo... that's a ton of work to do as a favor! Wolverine redid Ogmo... and did an amazing job I might add. Mocha Man supplied sound effects, testing, and some online help. Simon Donkers tested and gave online help. Escapader (formerly tdgc) and Ben_Briggs provided the music (well, except one track I composed, but that's the worst one =P). And Mr Hyun did the intro! (I think that's everyone but message me if I missed you)

When I joined the H Unit I wasn't really sure if I'd regret it or not... but now I'm very glad I honored the invitation. I think it's safe to say that this game wouldn't have existed if not for the help of my fellow H Unit members, round of applause for their hard work!

Anywho, I hope you enjoy playing the game as much as I did working on it. Please leave comments and constructive criticism.

-YMM
~ Matt Makes Games ~
Click above for my games, including Jumper Three, Hold Off Red, An Untitled Story, and FLaiL.
An Untitled Story GMC topic
FLaiL GMC topic
Jumper Three GMC Topic
~ EO ~ MMGF ~

#2 Heavendragon

Heavendragon

Halo 2 wiz

• 322 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 12:45 AM

This game just rocks, Im a fan of the Jumper series, so i loved it.
Good job on the graphics H Unit.

hehe.. 1st post...

Edited by Heavendragon, 23 April 2005 - 01:32 PM.

#3 MattCreations

MattCreations

GMC Member

• 525 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 12:48 AM

whoa, online jumper, I would play but my norton internet security always blocks me from playing online games like this, and my parents won't let me turn it off, cause last time I did a bunch of viruses came. So, that sucks..:lol: but i'll just play the other stuff. :GM5:

hmm, you should make it so that you can play on the same computer too and not just online so if you have some friends over you can play jumper at your house. :o

Edited by MattCreations, 04 January 2005 - 12:52 AM.

#4 Knightmare

Knightmare

OMGLOLWTFZORZ!1!1!!11

• 867 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 04 January 2005 - 12:50 AM

WOW online! Yet im not a fan but i love online games :GM5:

#5 YoMamasMama

YoMamasMama

Your Grandma

• 437 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 12:52 AM

Just so you guys know, Lord_Tomahawk (creator of the Jumper Community) totally destroyed me in a match while we were testing =P It was only a race through sectors 1 and 2 of original, with both of us having 3 second respawn delays, but he still showed me up good.
~ Matt Makes Games ~
Click above for my games, including Jumper Three, Hold Off Red, An Untitled Story, and FLaiL.
FLaiL GMC topic
Jumper Three GMC Topic
~ EO ~ MMGF ~

#6 kylethompson

kylethompson

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 946 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 12:52 AM

dling...
cant wait!
edit:
awesome! I love it!
10/10

Edited by kylethompson, 04 January 2005 - 01:02 AM.

#7 Heavendragon

Heavendragon

Halo 2 wiz

• 322 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 01:06 AM

Yeah, LT overpowered YMM, how... wierd... o_0
Even tho i couldnt get online to work, YMM This is just awesome, very awesome graphics, new good features like the faster spinners and stuff. Nice nice.

#8 YoMamasMama

YoMamasMama

Your Grandma

• 437 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 01:09 AM

hmm, you should make it so that you can play on the same computer too and not just online so if you have some friends over you can play jumper at your house. :GM5:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would but the way the multi works every player needs their own screen. Sorry.
~ Matt Makes Games ~
FLaiL GMC topic
Jumper Three GMC Topic
~ EO ~ MMGF ~

#9 MattCreations

MattCreations

GMC Member

• 525 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 01:43 AM

hmm, you should make it so that you can play on the same computer too and not just online so if you have some friends over you can play jumper at your house. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would but the way the multi works every player needs their own screen. Sorry.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well, you can always change it. Make it so it's just that you race in one level, and not in a set of levels (i think that's how it is). and well, about the online multiplayer, i figured out how to make it so that i could play the multiplayer, but the only way i could play is by giving someone my Ip address...which i don't wanna do. :lol:

edit: i started playing the game and at one level, i jumped on a falling platform, then when i jumped off and tried double jumping it wouldn't let me so I fell and died. Then i tried again, still didn't work. Then I tried again and it worked... :o im confused, something must be wrong with the falling blocks. :GM5:

Edited by MattCreations, 04 January 2005 - 01:48 AM.

#10 Dym

Dym

GMC Member

• 314 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 01:44 AM

Wow! This is an interesting remake of jumper... very smart gameplay elelemts... like those stars. I can't rate it... simply great.

#11 MJGamesInc

MJGamesInc

GMC Member

• 365 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 01:48 AM

Well your jumper games are cool..but why not try and make sumthin else.. new series of games.. Jumper is getN a lil old.. this game is great but.. i dunno... try sumthin else..
9/10

EDIT: I do like the graphs though!!!! :GM5:

Edited by MJGamesInc, 04 January 2005 - 01:50 AM.

#12 YoMamasMama

YoMamasMama

Your Grandma

• 437 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 01:51 AM

I have many other game series... check my site:
Jumper
Dim
The Encryption
Stickman Escape
Treasure Dive (H Unit project)

My next game won't be another Jumper, don't worry.
~ Matt Makes Games ~
FLaiL GMC topic
Jumper Three GMC Topic
~ EO ~ MMGF ~

#13 MetalGearSnake

MetalGearSnake

Weirdo, Seriously...

• GMC Member
  • 212 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 02:04 AM

the new graphics are awesome.

it's like when Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes was released
(it was a mgs:1 remake with all of mgs:2's features and graphics.)

10/10

although the jumper games are always hard as crap to me. :GM5:

#14 Gamemakerkid

Gamemakerkid

GMC Member

• 27 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 02:09 AM

NO way.... lol. Didnt see this one comin

EDIT: hmmm i think the engines a bit iffy, no offence but theres like no friction involved and no dirt-fly and i have yet to see a wall jump? But graphics are awesome!

Edited by Gamemakerkid, 04 January 2005 - 02:19 AM.

#15 MattCreations

MattCreations

GMC Member

• 525 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 02:24 AM

erm, me and my friend tried doing multiplayer and it doesn't work. it always says could not find session even though we entered in the right ip addresses.

#16 GizmoKidNeo

GizmoKidNeo

GMC Member

• 470 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 02:29 AM

Well, I don't wanna restart jumper after all the pain and sufferin I had from sector 7-3. But the Redux levels are a nice edition. The newly added levels aren't as good as the original but still fun. I was gonna try to finish the game, but the game froze and my savefile got corrupted :GM5:

I kinda miss the old ones.

Multiplayer is great! Did you use the in-built functions or GMsock?

Music can get slightly annoying, specially sector 2. But atleast you got out those annoying midi hiccups.

Meh. I got all my points across. :o

#17 YoMamasMama

YoMamasMama

Your Grandma

• 437 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 02:29 AM

GameMakerKid: It's a remake of Jumper 1. There's no wall jump or skid jump.

MattCreations: If either of you has a router it likely won't work.

EDIT: GizmoKidNeo: F3 mutes music. And I actually like the Redux stages better (I find them harder) than the original ones, but to each his own I guess. I used the built-in functions (would've given credit if I'd used GMSock). Your game freezing error is really wierd... must be GM6-related.

Edited by YoMamasMama, 04 January 2005 - 02:31 AM.

~ Matt Makes Games ~
FLaiL GMC topic
Jumper Three GMC Topic
~ EO ~ MMGF ~

#18 Coolbot4k

Coolbot4k

The Ultimate Robot

• GMC Member
  • 169 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 04 January 2005 - 02:36 AM

Very Nice YMM
I always liked the first one better then the second, I'm Glad you made this.
The New Graphics are great and I love the new levels!
I can't play multiplayer since I use a router.
Great job YMM

I have been wondering, what exactly does F2 do?

#19 YoMamasMama

YoMamasMama

Your Grandma

• 437 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 02:38 AM

Double jump status display^
~ Matt Makes Games ~
FLaiL GMC topic
Jumper Three GMC Topic
~ EO ~ MMGF ~

#20 MattCreations

MattCreations

GMC Member

• 525 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 02:40 AM

GameMakerKid: It's a remake of Jumper 1.  There's no wall jump or skid jump.

EDIT: GizmoKidNeo: F3 mutes music.  And I actually like the Redux stages better (I find them harder) than the original ones, but to each his own I guess.  I used the built-in functions (would've given credit if I'd used GMSock).  Your game freezing error is really wierd... must be GM6-related.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh..snit. i just told my friend that it wouldn't work if there is a router, and i knew i didn't have one. but he did, and i didn't know that. so bummer. i really want to play online. :GM5:

#21 L33TNerd

L33TNerd

King of Geeks

• Banned Users
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 02:44 AM

Everything about the graphics and menu's are excellent, but....it's just the same-old Jumper with slightly changed graphics....

#22 deathCalibur

deathCalibur

GMC Member

• 45 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 02:46 AM

This is a great improvement on an already great game.

#23 Bravesaturn

Bravesaturn

GMC Member

• 448 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 02:50 AM

For some reason it always gives me an "unexpected error while running the game" on startup... I redownloaded and the same thing occurred. GM6 runs fine on my machine though... Weird.

#24 IceMetalPunk

IceMetalPunk

InfiniteIMPerfection

• GMC Elder
  • 9603 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:01 AM

I love it! As I have a router and I don't know what port this uses (if it uses GMSock or any Winsock DLLs at all), I tried the multiplayer by opening it twice on my own computer. It worked well, except that opening it twice caused it to go down to 5 fps.... LOL :o ! Good job! This will show all those people who complained that Jumper had bad graphics. I LOVE the new ones! Good job YMM, and great job all of H-Unit :lol: !

-IMP :lol: :GM5:

:GM123: Are you an artist who likes creating original creature designs? Maybe you can help out with Elementa here! Give it a look; you might like the idea :)

:bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny: :excl: :bunny:

#25 Heavendragon

Heavendragon

Halo 2 wiz

• 322 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:07 AM

IMP, YMM said in a previous post he used GM's built in functions.

Multiplayer defines: it's just the same-old Jumper with slightly changed graphics....

No. :GM5:

#26 L33TNerd

L33TNerd

King of Geeks

• Banned Users
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:14 AM

Yes. It is. It feels pretty much the same. That isn't a bad thing, just a fact.

#27 Skilzat99x

Skilzat99x

FlipCast Skilzat99X

• GMC Member
  • 1164 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:14 AM

Well, Id have to say nice job, but a couple of the intro graphics look a little blurry.

Anyways, wall jump would have really been helpful, and I see that there is no friction invlolved.

But all the same, great graphics and improvement but I wouldnt dedicate as much time to this as to Jumper 2.

#28 imakegames99

imakegames99

Xtreme Gamer!

• 290 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:19 AM

Reminds me of half life : source. if you can put the analogies together.
nice work, whatever i said in jumper 1, just put that post in this 1 and you should see how i feel about this one. :GM5:

#29 Gamemakerkid

Gamemakerkid

GMC Member

• 27 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:27 AM

GameMakerKid: It's a remake of Jumper 1.  There's no wall jump or skid jump.

EDIT: GizmoKidNeo: F3 mutes music.  And I actually like the Redux stages better (I find them harder) than the original ones, but to each his own I guess.  I used the built-in functions (would've given credit if I'd used GMSock).  Your game freezing error is really wierd... must be GM6-related.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

whoops my bad. lil insane in the membrae for ya there :GM5:

#30 YoMamasMama

YoMamasMama

Your Grandma

• 437 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:32 AM

Everything about the graphics and menu's are excellent, but....it's just the same-old Jumper with slightly changed graphics....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And online play and double as many stages (and the new stages have new gameplay elements too) =P

Edited by YoMamasMama, 04 January 2005 - 03:33 AM.

~ Matt Makes Games ~
FLaiL GMC topic
Jumper Three GMC Topic
~ EO ~ MMGF ~

#31 static

static

Gamecave Coder

• 691 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:39 AM

it makes my comp lag! but i LOVE it .... i love jumper again ! whoopa

#32 GizmoKidNeo

GizmoKidNeo

GMC Member

• 470 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:40 AM

Those final redux stages are HARD!!

#33 S-Chuck

S-Chuck

GMC Member

• GMC Elder
  • 2314 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:57 AM

The first few times that I ran the game, I got an unexpected error at startup. I shut down a few programs and my Internet connection and it ran but lagged.

So I ran End It All (a very helpful program, btw) to shut down most of the programs runing in the background and it made a GREAT improvement in the speed.

I recommend that if this (or any other game) lags regularly, or if you are low on RAM, you should download and run End It All.

YMM, I will write a review later, but for now everything looks great so far! (I just wanted to point out the above program as the game was laggy for me as well and it helped).
Search the Forum | Read the Forum Rules
Helpful Examples: Tutorials Forum
Read the Pinned Topics above each forum.
Read the entire thread before replying.
The easiest way to support Game Maker is simply to register.

#34 Burning Sheep Productions

Burning Sheep Productions

GMC Member

• 320 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 04:37 AM

I love this game! It's awesome, 'specially how it gives you tips every now and then (like Unreal Tournament does when it's loading).
Bit of a challenge too, so it's good how you don't run out of lives or anything.

I'm gonna keep playing now...
Posted Image
Burning Sheep Productions

#35 adqe

adqe

GMC Member

• 21 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 05:35 AM

great game ymm, the jumper series is great.

#36 has90

has90

GMC Member

• 21 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 09:12 AM

jipppiiii! Just the sec i needed it:
Just finished all stages of jumper (1)
Now there is a 2nd version.
Testing.

edit: ****. its in GM6....
Cant play it.

Edited by has90, 04 January 2005 - 09:14 AM.

#37 Sulsay

Sulsay

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 256 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 09:37 AM

This game is genious! I can't express how much I love the new graphics. I was stunned the moment I first saw them. On top of that, Redux mode with it's new gameplay elements is a truly great addition!

I'm now trying to discover all secrets and easter-eggs. The secret rooms I have already found. Now for the cameos :GM5:

Great job!

#38 musashi600

musashi600

GMC Member

• 165 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 11:49 AM

cool now ogmo looks better=)
btw did u make the main menu music ymm? if then tell me what program u used becous i want to make my own music 2.

Edited by musashi600, 04 January 2005 - 12:15 PM.

#39 X-termin8or

X-termin8or

GMC Member

• 38 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 12:30 PM

Downloading now, and i can't wait! :o

And plus its online :GM5: This game must be great!

EDIT: I plyed it it WAS good, but just 1 problem that it never run so smoothly on my laptop... probably because its quite old :lol:

#40 lizard_manager

lizard_manager

GMC Member

• 25 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:15 PM

Nice, great improvements
toobad i'm behind a router, i think.

But,... the graphics, they are improved, but, i can see, with some of the graphics
mostly the spikes and some lightning, that u used smooth edges, possible, because they are causing white stripes to appear at the edges of the sprite
Too bad, but for the rest it's super :GM5:

#41 neopolis3

neopolis3

Kirby Lord

• 171 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:17 PM

Really, really, really neat. But the new graphics suck. I miss the old-school Ogmo :GM5:

#42 Ghostkeeper

Ghostkeeper

That's Logic

• 189 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 04:00 PM

In one word: WOW!
As soon as I saw "YoMamasMama" in the game maker creations, I lifted up and downloaded it.
I love how the menu is did.
I love the new graphics.
I love the new sound effects.
I don't love the new music, it's moderate (sorry Ben Briggs and Escapader). Not bad either. The menu theme is lovely though.

Another great game to add to my jumper collection. Got them all now!

#43 OmicronGamer

OmicronGamer

Omicron Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 890 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 04:44 PM

one thing to say: woohoo!
another jumper. Could anything be better?

#44 imakegames99

imakegames99

Xtreme Gamer!

• 290 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 04:46 PM

one thing to say: woohoo!
another jumper. Could anything be better?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes.

err wait, no :GM5:

#45 static

static

Gamecave Coder

• 691 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 04:52 PM

:GM5: This kicks so much ass!

#46 UrInDenile

UrInDenile

Tombi! Fanatic

• 206 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 04:53 PM

Now this is what i call a H Unit game, brilliant, pure brilliant, well done on this H Unit

#47 Blues

Blues

GMC Member

• 24 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 05:04 PM

How do i join a game? It says i have to write IP or something

#48 GizmoKidNeo

GizmoKidNeo

GMC Member

• 470 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 05:27 PM

Too bad routers causes problems...But playing online with 4 people s great. I own everyone, I still won a race from sector 1 to 4 with 20 second delay.

#49 UrInDenile

UrInDenile

Tombi! Fanatic

• 206 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 05:38 PM

Yeh... fix the router thing, i can't tell what sector my opponents are on, or see them!!!! :GM5:

#50 Natso

Natso

Nat S. Orion

• 1055 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 06:04 PM

i disliked the original jumper(i never played jumper 2) because it was too difficult(it required more concentration and patience I had at the moment), however now that redux is out I think i'll try it again... I'll reply l8r with a review(hopefully i'll remember to do so).