Bear

GMC Member

• 846 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 01:28 PM

Azet Online
(feel free to suggest a better name)
Posted Image
Download Base File
(first click FREE in the bottom of the page, then click the link)
Download Update 2. Unpack in the game folder.

Bear: Programming
Aqwilla: 3d models
Sabrefist: Textures, music

ABOUT

Azet Online is our Fantasy MMORPG project. The graphics are rendered by GM's standard d3d functions, and the multiplayer engine runs on SOC1 until SOC2 is out. GMproxy is our temporary host, so you can expect "shadows", glitchy synchronising and lags (I'm only being honest).

STORY

Still in progress...

FEATURES

Chatting
Animated 3d models
Seeing other players (also animated)

1 You see a black screen when loading, just because the loading image is not done yet :P
2 Don't try to play this game with a graphics card wich has a memory lower than 64 mb. Aqwilla has a 32 mb one, but he has a pretty low framerate!

FEATURES TO COME

Not really much before SOC2 is out. We WILL work all week long though.

-minimap(easy!)
-fix the "going crazy" bug
-slow pcs update too slow, fix that

HISTORY

July 31, 2005
Topic created, first public beta released.
End of day edit: many people have downloaded it, not much problems. Some bugs, and mainly a low speed. Gonna fix speed tomorrow.

August 1, 2005
Many bufixes made, game runs faster. New tree added so stuff looks better.
End of day edit: All the bugs are fixed. A new version together with a bigger and faster terrain is what you can expect tomorrow.

August 2, 2005
We have decided to use Xtreme3D for drawing.

August 3, 2005
A more high-poly model is being made and porting the game to Xtreme3d has started.

August 5, 2005
We decided to get back to d3d because Xtreme3d and GMI simply have a lack of functionality.
edit (3:49 PM GMT+1)
SOC v2 is almost done. I'll use a beta version to write the server.

August 6, 2005
Fixing some bugs, waiting for soc2... Not really much to do today.

August 9, 2005
I've got the beta of SOC v2, and I'm working on the server now. I'll start the account system after dinner and work on the battling system tomorrow.

August 11, 2005
Ok, my attempt at "porting" SOC 1 directly to SOC 2 failed, so now I'm following THE Stefan's advice, wich is, rewriting the whole multiplayer part. This is going to take me all day long, so don't expect another patch today.

Edited by KC LC, 12 August 2005 - 08:59 PM.

#2 CJLgmr1

CJLgmr1

GMC Member

• 143 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 01:53 PM

looks good but i didn't get to play. after i put in my name and click high for the graphics it went black and i figured it was loading so i waited for a while then i got an illegal operation thing. ill try to play again later. anyway the screenshot looks good.

#3 Bear

Bear

GMC Member

• 846 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 01:55 PM

looks good but i didn't get to play. after i put in my name and click high for the graphics it went black and i figured it was loading so i waited for a while then i got an illegal operation thing. ill try to play again later. anyway the screenshot looks good.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just wait and don't press escape. I saw you come in but you went out immediately afer. Anyway thanks :P

#4 Meiun

Meiun

GMC Member

• 248 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 02:24 PM

Very nice so far! Not only are the graphics some of the best 3d ive seen with GM so far, but the free roaming hills you can travel across are great, and the online works nicely also, even considering its currently using gmproxy.

#5 -Tyler-

-Tyler-

Online Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 198 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 02:25 PM

nice game graphics could use some improvemets
very nice...a had a bug where i fell thru the groun and went in the water

#6 Bear

Bear

GMC Member

• 846 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 02:25 PM

Very nice so far! Not only are the graphics some of the best 3d ive seen with GM so far, but the free roaming hills you can travel across are great, and the online works nicely also, even considering its currently using gmproxy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks! :P

#7 visionviper

visionviper

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 03:08 PM

It's cool.

I wish that the water was blocked off somehow with one of those invisible barriers.

#8 KerianV

KerianV

GMC Member

• 19 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 04:11 PM

Very interesting. I was the only person on, and there are no monsters (or towns, or NPCs...) but I'm sure that'll change soon.

Yes, the water should be blocked off.

Images are very nice. ^^ Nice job.

#9 Bear

Bear

GMC Member

• 846 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 04:26 PM

It's cool.

I wish that the water was blocked off somehow with one of those invisible barriers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. And don't worry, I'm not leaving the water "unblocked" :P

Very interesting. I was the only person on, and there are no monsters (or towns, or NPCs...) but I'm sure that'll change soon.

Yes, the water should be blocked off.

Images are very nice. ^^ Nice job.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. And by the way this is still a beta :)

#10 sabrefist

sabrefist

GMC Member

• 24 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 04:29 PM

Well first of all I would tell you the music needs improving, but I a have a load of other music to do for ya.
The textures look like something my dog left behind... but they work hehehe. Trees are ok but I am complaining cos they arn't textured... oh I can't complain. Nice work Bear and Aqwilla and of course my dog for inspiring the textures.

#11 CJLgmr1

CJLgmr1

GMC Member

• 143 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 04:34 PM

ok. i got on this time and it was pretty good though there was noone else on. the ground was the best looking part. the walking animation of the character was good but the shirt moved around kinda wierd. it wasn't too slow which was good. keep up the good work.

#12 Aqwilla

Aqwilla

GMC Member

• 173 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 04:38 PM

Well first of all I would tell you the music needs improving, but I a have a load of other music to do for ya.
The textures look like something my dog left behind... but they work hehehe. Trees are ok but I am complaining cos they arn't textured... oh I can't complain. Nice work Bear and Aqwilla and of course my dog for inspiring the textures.

Darn Bear didn't use my model just because you didn't make the texture so he hardcoded it... :P

nice game graphics could use some improvemets
very nice...a had a bug where i fell thru the groun and went in the water

Grafix realle do need good textures... Sabrefist is wery good really good (He made the book texture) but he's wery lazy. Hell make fantastic textures sooner or later you know.

Gee thanx :)
And i had to keep them low poly sheesh...

#13 T*vince

T*vince

GMC Member

• 26 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 05:37 PM

well bear after an long periode it's here and i love it :) . the graphics are realy good and the map is great. only to bad you didn't make the char an female cous he shakes his ass :P im realy looking forward to the next update and i think this gonna be one of the best 3d game ever made in gm -=good luck=-

#14 AdilFaQah

AdilFaQah

Whiz Kid

• GMC Member
  • 2747 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 05:52 PM

Ha do you finally posted it in the W.I.P Forum. Well the game is really good, though the textures need improvement. Anyways good work, btw is it possible that you can make it windowed?

#15 MarxGames

MarxGames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 06:07 PM

i played it and it was very good :P names above heads would be good and a minimap so you could see where other players are

#16 superconkerfan

superconkerfan

GMC Member

• 49 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 06:09 PM

bear i like how you can move in this game (unlike runescape) great game so far pm me the updates and other stuff then when your done pm me the game and do you have a website for this game if you dont make one :P

#17 Aqwilla

Aqwilla

GMC Member

• 173 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 07:09 PM

b

ear i like how you can move in this game (unlike runescape) great game so far pm me the updates and other stuff then when your done pm me the game and do you have a website for this game if you dont make oneĀ  :P

Give us a good server with a .com end that will be free! hahaha.

Edited by Aqwilla, 31 July 2005 - 07:40 PM.

#18 Bear

Bear

GMC Member

• 846 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 07:41 PM

well bear after an long periode it's here and i love it :) . the graphics are realy good and the map is great. only to bad you didn't make the char an female cous he shakes his ass :)  im realy looking forward to the next update and i think this gonna be one of the best 3d game ever made in gm  -=good luck=-

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The next update is coming very soon with an enormous terrain :GM6:, probably the biggest you've ever seen in a GM game.

Ha do you finally posted it in the W.I.P Forum. Well the game is really good, though the textures need improvement. Anyways good work, btw is it possible that you can make it windowed?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. No I'm not making it windowed. Btw the textures are being inmproved, in fact I have just received the new tree texture and it kicks ass.

i played it and it was very good :P names above heads would be good and a minimap so you could see where other players are

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll put those 2 functions in the todo-list.

bear i like how you can move in this game (unlike runescape) great game so far pm me the updates and other stuff then when your done pm me the game and do you have a website for this game if you dont make one  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, but I'm not PMing anyone.

#19 Who_d3n

Who_d3n

GMC Member

• 499 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 07:56 PM

Good job :P

Wow this is pretty good :)

I believe I saw Aqwilla
(I was Anti)

Keep up the good work :)

#20 Digi

Digi

Who else

• 757 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 08:11 PM

I was Digiboy (lol) and i saw aqwilla but somebody was following me in the beginning... dunno who. My bro Supernavix went out of the game bubble and we got a clear shot of the thing in the sky.

#21 OmicronGamer

OmicronGamer

Omicron Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 890 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 08:17 PM

Have you thought about making the trees out of a star-shaped texture set? That style looks much better than the "shape" trees you seem to be using; and it is much faster as well.
tree image

#22 SupernaviX

SupernaviX

GMC Member

• 267 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 08:21 PM

Outside of the bubble, theres some space, and it looks like theres a wall, but if you just move forward you go through it. Outside of the room, the image_alpha thing stopped working, the ground disappeared, and all I could see where it used to be was grass.

#23 gamerboy251

gamerboy251

GMC Member

• 866 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 08:25 PM

ADD ENEMYS AND WEOPONS LIKE IN EVERQUEST AND WORLD OF WARCRAFT OH AND MAKE THIS A FULL GAME I REALLY WANT TO SEE THIS BECOME A SUCCES AND IF YOU DO GET IT UP AND RUNNIN NO SUBSCRIBTION FEES!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE BUT REALLY MAKE IT BIGGER ADD WEOPONS AND ENEMYS AND YOULD REALLY HAVE A GOOD GAME YOU COULD EVEN MAKE COPIES ON CDS BRING IT TO A COMPANY A SELL IT FOR LIKE 200$$$$$$!!!!

#24 GoronSlayer99

GoronSlayer99

GMC Member

• 305 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 11:02 PM

Wow...I've recently got into GM (I started but lost interest) and when I come back, I see this... I am in full support of this, it looks amazing. I think you can work hard and make this better than Kal Online. (A free downloadable MMORPG). Judging on the screens... I'd say that you should try to smooth the models more. Also, the textures could look more real, but I'm talking about if this game WERE to become big. Good luck, and the game looks great, I'm gonna play it now. :P

#25 clayster

clayster

GMC Member

• 431 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 11:21 PM

Same here, when I got online I was all alone :P , but the game is greate,
:) keep it up!!

Edited by clayster, 31 July 2005 - 11:39 PM.

#26 clayster

clayster

GMC Member

• 431 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 11:23 PM

oh yea i forgot to say, i had no place to go, add a town or some houses, still it's greate!

Edited by clayster, 31 July 2005 - 11:40 PM.

#27 ChIkEn AtE mY dOnUtS

ChIkEn AtE mY dOnUtS

Pwner of barcodes

• GMC Member
  • 2410 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 01:26 AM

g g g g g g g g g g g g g g r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t

#28 GoronSlayer99

GoronSlayer99

GMC Member

• 305 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 03:57 AM

Ok, after replaying with a bit I came to a cool little Idea you might want to use. Maybe not, I'm not too bright, but heres the idea.

Ok, ya know how you can run off the edge of the map (the cliff thing) and into the water? Well, I don't think your suppose to do that but think about it. Add a graphic to the backside of the cliff, lower the water level so it's not above your head, and add water-based creatures. Adds a whole new area to the game.

Rather then running off the cliff and seeing through the back of it, make it into an area where you're actually suppose to go, ya know?

I dont know about other's opinions on this but I personally think It would be cool.

ALLLSOO, transparent water, so you can see the beautifully placed grass under the water.

I know I'm asking alot but I really want this to be a great MMORPG.

You can doooo aiiit! -GS

(Cuz personally I found myself running through the water :D )

Edited by GoronSlayer99, 01 August 2005 - 03:58 AM.

#29 General Leo

General Leo

Master Gamer

• GMC Member
  • 976 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:04 AM

yes
it took way too long to load, and i'm glad your working on that

yes
it was very nice and would DEFENETLY be popular if it was an mmo rpg

what I want to know is... WHY isn't there a way to get on the floating isle with the building on it!? I WANNA VISIT IT! lol

I doubt i'll download this game again for a while cause it seems in the early stages but if/when you add some mmorpg elements to it, i'll defenetly be back.

#30 Bear

Bear

GMC Member

• 846 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 07:30 AM

[quote name='Sir.poop' date='Jul 31 2005, 08:59 PM']
Good job :D

Wow this is pretty good :D

I believe I saw Aqwilla
(I was Anti)

Keep up the good work :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]
Thanks.

[quote name='OmicronGamer' date='Jul 31 2005, 09:20 PM']
Have you thought about making the trees out of a star-shaped texture set? That style looks much better than the "shape" trees you seem to be using; and it is much faster as well.
tree image

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]
I'm putting in another tree today, it has less polygons and it looks better.

[quote name='SupernaviX' date='Jul 31 2005, 09:24 PM']
Outside of the bubble, theres some space, and it looks like theres a wall, but if you just move forward you go through it. Outside of the room, the image_alpha thing stopped working, the ground disappeared, and all I could see where it used to be was grass.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]
So don't go outside.

[quote name='gamerboy251' date='Jul 31 2005, 09:28 PM']
ADD ENEMYS AND WEOPONS LIKE IN EVERQUEST AND WORLD OF WARCRAFT OH AND MAKE THIS A FULL GAME I REALLY WANT TO SEE THIS BECOME A SUCCES AND IF YOU DO GET IT UP AND RUNNIN NO SUBSCRIBTION FEES!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE BUT REALLY MAKE IT BIGGER ADD WEOPONS AND ENEMYS AND YOULD REALLY HAVE A GOOD GAME YOU COULD EVEN MAKE COPIES ON CDS BRING IT TO A COMPANY A SELL IT FOR LIKE 200$$$$$$!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]
ok.

[quote name='GoronSlayer99' date='Aug 1 2005, 12:05 AM']
Wow...I've recently got into GM (I started but lost interest) and when I come back, I see this... I am in full support of this, it looks amazing. I think you can work hard and make this better than Kal Online. (A free downloadable MMORPG). Judging on the screens... I'd say that you should try to smooth the models more. Also, the textures could look more real, but I'm talking about if this game WERE to become big. Good luck, and the game looks great, I'm gonna play it now. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]
Thanks, but GM can't handle more polygons than the model has at this moment.

[quote name='clayster' date='Aug 1 2005, 12:24 AM']
[quote]Very interesting. I was the only person on, and there are no monsters (or towns, or NPCs...) but I'm sure that'll change soon.
[/quote]

Same here, when I got online I was all alone :D , but the game is greate,
:D keep it up!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]
Thanks. By the way yesterday when I was on there were like 5 players on :P

[quote name='clayster' date='Aug 1 2005, 12:26 AM']
oh yea i forgot to say, i had no place to go, add a town or some houses, still it's greate!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]
I'm enlarging the terrain today, and fixing speed. Towns and stuff will be added later.

[quote name='ChIkEn AtE mY dOnUtS' date='Aug 1 2005, 02:29 AM']
g g g g g g g g g g g g g g r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]
Thanks.

[quote name='GoronSlayer99' date='Aug 1 2005, 05:00 AM']
Ok, after replaying with a bit I came to a cool little Idea you might want to use. Maybe not, I'm not too bright, but heres the idea.

Ok, ya know how you can run off the edge of the map (the cliff thing) and into the water? Well, I don't think your suppose to do that but think about it. Add a graphic to the backside of the cliff, lower the water level so it's not above your head, and add water-based creatures. Adds a whole new area to the game.

Rather then running off the cliff and seeing through the back of it, make it into an area where you're actually suppose to go, ya know?

I dont know about other's opinions on this but I personally think It would be cool.

ALLLSOO, transparent water, so you can see the beautifully placed grass under the water.

I know I'm asking alot but I really want this to be a great MMORPG.

You can doooo aiiit! -GS

(Cuz personally I found myself running through the water :P )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]
You're not supposed to run out in the first place :P

[quote name='General Leo' date='Aug 1 2005, 07:07 AM']
yes
it took way too long to load, and i'm glad your working on that

yes
it was very nice and would DEFENETLY be popular if it was an mmo rpg

what I want to know is... WHY isn't there a way to get on the floating isle with the building on it!? I WANNA VISIT IT! lol

I doubt i'll download this game again for a while cause it seems in the early stages but if/when you add some mmorpg elements to it, i'll defenetly be back.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]
It will be added later. Ok, thanks.

EDIT

Ok the quotes seem to have messed up.

Edited by Bear, 01 August 2005 - 07:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users